TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: What a fantastic game!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(12-11-2023, 08:23 PM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-11-2023, 01:28 PM):DI Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]So let’s bin a keeper who has let in 3 less goals than any other keeper in the division!

I really despair of some people on this board.

So you don’t think he should have saved both those shots then Cunning?

The reason he’s let in fewer goals is that the defence has been so good.

In any case I didn’t say bin him did I? I said he would need to sharpen up his act.

Honestly, I despair at the lack of football knowledge displayed by 
some on this board ffs  Big Grin .

READ the fucking post and engage your brain and that goes for those who liked your post too.
Did I quote you???? Such an ego. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Cool

To answer your question. 

The first goal… he probably saw too late because he had his defender cutting straight across him just as the ball was kicked.

The second….it was a perfectly placed header, hitting the ground right alongside him and right in the corner. A goalkeeper cant save everything and McGrandles gave him no chance with that one. Full credit to the striker.
(12-11-2023, 10:52 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-11-2023, 08:46 PM)Braziliance Wrote: [ -> ]Good evening all

As the thread title says a fantastic game, imagine it was even better for a neutral.

I have to say your fans are a credit to your club, the fans I spoke to outside the ground were really nice and a fair few quite endearing.

Then as for inside well, can't think of many games that will create a better atmosphere in this league. Two teams with a fair bit of history against each other and I think that shows with the atmosphere in the ground. Very good home support and I think us (Charlton fans) and all the players contributed to an entertaining game.

I did make a vlog this game as I do every game, got a great angle (unfortunately) of the fantastic Kamaras goal. A goal fit for a camera shot

Also on the off chance the Portsmouth fans post on here that featured in my video, thanks for giving me the time.

Video can be found here: https://youtu.be/qyerMEPgqfI?si=ny1rK6uJYr6l9Fn5

Look forward to seeing you all pack out the away end at The Valley in the near future.

Cheers
a pompey fan with a crystal ball in the video!

He was a real spot on bloke, really approachable and seemed to have his head screwed on about Pompey.

The other two chaps were nice as well just a fair bit more confident.

I was expecting a draw at best for us, feel like you were well overdue a result but I'll take the draw all day. 

I am expecting yous to get a result at the Valley, you have far more luck against us away, I think it's 2 wins to us and a draw with 4 losses to yourselves in the last 7 unless I have read wrong. 

Look forward to your visit and speaking to more of you pre-game
(13-11-2023, 05:32 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-11-2023, 01:28 PM):DI Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]So let’s bin a keeper who has let in 3 less goals than any other keeper in the division!

In any case I didn’t say bin him did I? I said he would need to sharpen up his act.

READ the fucking post and engage your brain and that goes for those who liked your post too.

To answer your question. 

The first goal… he probably saw too late because he had his defender cutting straight across him just as the ball was kicked.

The second….it was a perfectly placed header, hitting the ground right alongside him and right in the corner. A goalkeeper cant save everything and McGrandles gave him no chance with that one. Full credit to the striker.

Whilst I'm not joining in with the writing off of Norris, I think you're being very generous about the two goals - especially the second. Striker deserves credit for being there but, most of the time, norris would have dealt with both. He'll save us more than he'll cost us.
(13-11-2023, 10:06 AM)No Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]
(13-11-2023, 05:32 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]

To answer your question. 

Whilst I'm not joining in with the writing off of Norris, I think you're being very generous about the two goals - especially the second. Striker deserves credit for being there but, most of the time, norris would have dealt with both. He'll save us more than he'll cost us.

Fair comments, Lawrence, it’s all about opinions and I think your last two comments I can particularly agree with.
Pages: 1 2 3