TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Injuries - are we the only ones?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yet again we have injuries piling up, but does anyone know how our numbers compare with other clubs? If no-one on here knows, maybe it's something useful for once that The News could find out.
The requirement for almost all teams to play high tempo and usually the high press might just have something to do with it. We play a huge number of games in this league too. We also engineer clumps of games by having international breaks.
(11-11-2023, 11:15 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]The requirement for almost all teams to play high tempo and usually the high press might just have something to do with it. We play a huge number of games in this league too. We also engineer clumps of games by having international breaks.

It's not the number of injuries that's the problem, but how important the injuries are we've now lost 3 key players in kry positions to injuries that aren't easy to recover from. 

Can't believe people ate turning on norris already. He's in l1 for a reason.

Anyway, anybody know any defensive talismans kicking around during the transfer window? Time to ring up Ricardo rocha!
Quite often can pick up the likes of Robinson coming towards the end of a quality career but getting no game time, especially in January.
Poole looked like he just landed awkwardly on his knee. I assumed it was some kind of impact injury and he may be out a week or 3. It never crossed my mind he’d be out for the season (FFS).
Out of the players we have, injured, how many have been due to ‘the press’?

Pack was fouled. Poole was a fifty-fifty ball and Scully has a meniscus tear. Normal playing type injuries.

It’s just unlucky but other clubs have similar stuff going on (Derby, in particular).
(12-11-2023, 01:23 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Out of the players we have, injured, how many have been due to ‘the press’?

Pack was fouled. Poole was a fifty-fifty ball and Scully has a meniscus tear. Normal playing type injuries.

It’s just unlucky but other clubs have similar stuff going on (Derby, in particular).

I wasn't blaming our injuries on that. In general there seem a lot of injuries these days at all clubs, especially in training.
I suspect the high pace thing results in a lot more collisions, stretches and the rest. and at higher pace, the injuries will be more serious obviously. 
Of course it could also be that old time players were told to run it off and played through some injuries that would now be scanned and hospitalised. Loads of cortisone injections back then too.
Seeing the number of veterans who come to club days on crutches or struggling to walk suggests they played through the pain barrier more than they should.
(12-11-2023, 03:27 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-11-2023, 01:23 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Out of the players we have, injured, how many have been due to ‘the press’?

I wasn't blaming our injuries on that. In general there seem a lot of injuries these days at all clubs, especially in training.
I suspect the high pace thing results in a lot more collisions, stretches and the rest. and at higher pace, the injuries will be more serious obviously. 
Of course it could also be that old time players were told to run it off and played through some injuries that would now be scanned and hospitalised. Loads of cortisone injections back then too.
Seeing the number of veterans who come to club days on crutches or struggling to walk suggests they played through the pain barrier more than they should.
Probably all true, maybe the consensus is that we're no better or worse than anyone else.
I think I read that we have been working on the training pitches, so perhaps the club thinks they might not have helped?
Could be, though very few of the injuries have been during training I think. Even Yengi's was because Saydee tripped over him. Pack has been the biggest loss for sure. We'll miss Poole but I'm still a fan of Raggett.
Can anyone remember, or did anyone notice, what JM was like as a player? Perhaps he could re-register...
Checking on the other teams, it's about 3 on average injured. Most have two or three more doubtful for each game. Plenty have one or two out for the season.

We are on the high side with 5 injured as of the 11th but are by no means the only team in this position.
Paddy lane injured now
What’s happened to him?
(15-11-2023, 06:45 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]What’s happened to him?

Got a knock on his calf against Charlton. 

Doesn't sound too serious.
(15-11-2023, 07:17 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

How do you know ?
If you know, you know.
(15-11-2023, 07:22 PM)Cowespompey Wrote: [ -> ]

How do you know ?

Because it's in the News ?
(15-11-2023, 09:11 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(15-11-2023, 07:22 PM)Cowespompey Wrote: [ -> ]

How do you know ?

Because it's in the News ?
Well it must be true then , just like pooles injury was only minor

the keeper took him out and he went higher than Pires
Probably Raggetts fault.
Hopefully some better news on injured players - Pack back for Blackpool?
In answer to the OP - No!