TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Bad news/Good news
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Poole out for season but Pack back for Blackpool.
I believe this is a net gain as we are well-covered in Poole's position.
So who makes way for Pack?
I would say CB is our position we have a lack of depth..... Along side goalkeeper.

If Shaughnessy gets injured, we really are up shit creek.
Pack next to Morrell, until he gets the inevitable suspension. Robertson moves forward. Devlin has a break on the bench.
(12-11-2023, 10:01 AM)essentialmix75 Wrote: [ -> ]I would say CB is our position we have a lack of depth..... Along side goalkeeper.

If Shaughnessy gets injured, we really are up shit creek.

We have a lack of depth perhaps now Poole is out ... but having him, Shaughnessy, Raggett & Towler as four to choose from was as good as any in the divison.  We also have Ogilvie who can play there very well, and could recall Mnoga if needed ? 

and we have 4 keepers... how much deeper do you want to be ?
We have bodies but not depth. Depth to me has always been a measure of skilled cover. The measure loses all meaning if we start including players that can play out of position.

I don't think we have any championship standard goalkeepers at the club. Not one.
Norris has played in the premier, Schofield had half a season in the championship.  But I suspect Toby Steward will be the best of the bunch and could easily play at Championship level.
It will be good to see Pack and Morrell re-form that link up partnership again. I agree that Devlin would be the one to make way. Lowery can't be that far off a return either.
Something further that we have to agree to disagree on Deep. Based entirely on what I have seen and not at all on Wikipedia trivia, I do not see a Championship goalkeeper in either Norris nor Scofield at this moment in time.
I'm not rushing to criticise Norris, but if we're saying he's good because he's played in the Premier we might as well go and get Ali Dia.