TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Blackpool
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Clearly up for next week's game, judging by today's result.

These games just don't get any easier.
Yep...Blackpool are one of probably 4/5 teams that are improving and making their move.

We'll need to play like we did second half against Charlton if we're going to get three points.....but this time convert some of the many chances we created.
I think we’ll be 3rd in the table in two weeks time
We will have to watch out for rhodes, and his other attackers who seem very capable of scoring goals at the moment, it will be a tough game but we are at home ,so we should get a result pup
They are just another team we have to beat if we are to prove ourselves.

I’m not worried about it because I’m enjoying the football anyway. The fact that we have gone so many games unbeaten and yet we’re still looking over our shoulder, tells its own story. I’ve been saying it since the start of the season, champions put teams to the sword. We haven’t done that yet, not once.

But the football is still very entertaining.
(19-11-2023, 12:36 AM)To Cowespompey Wrote: [ -> ]I think we’ll be 3rd in the table in two weeks time

Of course you do.
(19-11-2023, 07:50 AM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]
(19-11-2023, 12:36 AM)To Cowespompey Wrote: [ -> ]I think we’ll be 3rd in the table in two weeks time

Of course you do.

I’m surprised he hasn’t got us bottom three.

Interesting to note, Blackpools game went ahead yesterday so I presume they haven’t got at least three players good enough for international call up. Of course, I’m being simplistic but I’m sure you get the point.
Blackpool are decent but nothing special.

Before their win against Shrewsbury they had only won 2 in 8.

The other noteworthy point is that the vast majority of their points have been gained at Bloomfield Road, their away form is not all that.

If we play anywhere near our best we will beat them.
Yep, valid points.

4-0 is still a dicking though and I'd be happier if we were doing that on a regular basis. How we didn’t manage it against Charlton is beyond me.
Come on, they beat Shrewsbury ....... the way some are going on, would have us believe they just thrashed Man City 4-0
(19-11-2023, 09:38 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Yep, valid points.

4-0 is still a dicking though and  I'd be happier if we were doing that on a regular basis. How we didn’t manage it against Charlton is beyond me.

Because there isn't enough of a ruthless streak in the team. Regularly having sixty % plus possession, decent shot count but scraping games by the odd goal. Needs working on.
(19-11-2023, 09:38 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Yep, valid points.

4-0 is still a dicking though and  I'd be happier if we were doing that on a regular basis. How we didn’t manage it against Charlton is beyond me.

I agree, it is. Just watched the highlights of the match and some of the Shrewsbury defending was woeful,  I don’t think ours will be as bad.

We should have scored 6 against Charlton and both their goals should have been saved, hopefully that was just a blip though and we still didn’t lose.

I just hope Norris has been practising not being beaten at his near post and Bishop has been brushing up on heading the ball DOWN  Big Grin .
(19-11-2023, 08:18 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]
(19-11-2023, 07:50 AM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]
(19-11-2023, 12:36 AM)To Cowespompey Wrote: [ -> ]I think we’ll be 3rd in the table in two weeks time

Of course you do.

I’m surprised he hasn’t got us bottom three.

Interesting to note, Blackpools game went ahead yesterday so I presume they haven’t got at least three players good enough for international call up. Of course, I’m being simplistic but I’m sure you get the point.

Cowes, your 25-year long infestation of various Pompey message boards emphasizes what an utterly miserable life you have led. The fact that you are still around making fatuous remarks and spouting your depressing prophecies of impending doom baffles me. I feel truly sorry for any of your family members and acquaintances who have had to endure your vacuous utterances all these years.
To be fair, of late, I think I detect a certain air of optimism in his posts.
I thought the club were opening up some of the Milton End for home fans for this?

This will be much more of a difficult match now in Regans absence, but it is a winnable game. Blackpool are a very decent side for this level.

To get the win, we will have to match the Charlton performance and be more clinical in the final third.

I do expect us in the coming weeks to drift out of the automatic places, as our injuries will affect us, particularly in defence. However we may be able to climb back into them with a good January window.

I don't think we will be out of the top 6 all season, but it will be interesting to see how the crowd reacts when results start to drop and we fall into the playoff places. I am sure even with Regans long term injury that the expectation is top 2 and I do not think that the management and team will be given much leaway if results stay to drop.

Given our poor playoff record, and our good start, I'm interested to know whether our fanbase would be happy with a playoff finish. I think it would be a dissapointment and I wouldn't fancy our chances in them.
(21-11-2023, 10:28 AM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: [ -> ]I thought the club were opening up some of the Milton End for home fans for this?

This will be much more of a difficult match now in Regans absence, but it is a winnable game. Blackpool are a very decent side for this level.

To get the win, we will have to match the Charlton performance and be more clinical in the final third.

I do expect us in the coming weeks to drift out of the automatic places, as our injuries will affect us, particularly in defence. However we may be able to climb back into them with a good January window.

I don't think we will be out of the top 6 all season, but it will be interesting to see how the crowd reacts when results start to drop and we fall into the playoff places. I am sure even with Regans long term injury that the expectation is top 2 and I do not think that the management and team will be given much leaway if results stay to drop.

Given our poor playoff record, and our good start, I'm interested to know whether our fanbase would be happy with a playoff finish. I think it would be a dissapointment and I wouldn't fancy our chances in them.

see how the crowd reacts when results start to drop and we fall into the playoff places’.

Fuck me nothing like optimism is there?

What do you mean ‘when’, what about ‘if’ ffs.

I think everyone is getting their knickers in a twist about the Poole injury, yes he’s good but he’s not the Messiah.

We have a great squad and good defensive cover, I see no reason to expect dropping out if the top two, we are a very good team ffs. It could happen, obviously but there’s no ‘when’ about it.
The doom and gloom posters can FRO, we're unbeaten in the league, we're top, we've key players coming back from injury, we've still got 3 very good centre backs to cover 2 places until January.
We're gonna win 3-0.
It’s a squad game and no one who has come in for injured players has let anybody down yet.

I really don’t get the air of negativity. We could do with scoring a few from different areas but the rest of it is fine. We might be able to improve on the squad in January but we’re already well covered, all over the pitch. We’re about to see faces start to come back.
Here, here Cunning - away with the doom Mongers !
The club have announced that a 1000 of Frattons finest will have the chance to win any vocal battle with Blackpool too. Titchyblue should at least be a bit happier about that.
Plenty of opportunities for the two togethers.
still most of the tickets available, counting up my pennies!
Is our Tanjorin injured for the Tangerines?
(22-11-2023, 07:33 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]Plenty of opportunities for the two togethers.

(22-11-2023, 08:35 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]still most of the tickets available, counting up my pennies!

I believe two blocks were put on sale, 1 block completely soldout already and the other block will be soldout shortly.

Hopefully we can put on a good performance, like the Charlton performance.
Yep got me three tickets together…will be taking the two kids to watch their first ever game at FP. We saw the Pompey women thrash Fulham 2 weeks ago 9-1. A similar scoreline would be nice!
Pages: 1 2