TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Asian Cup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Apparently its the Asian Cup in January and we could lose Yengi & Robertson for up to a month. 

Not good news.
(21-11-2023, 02:09 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Apparently its the Asian Cup in January and we could lose Yengi & Robertson for up to a month. 

Not good news.
Robertson would be a massive loss
Not the Asian cup that we won in 2007 then Rolleyes
Can't see a problem myself.
After a great start, how much has Yengi been an influence in our excellent first third of the season? 
As for losing either as squad players, haven't Hughes and Mousinho already said that they plan to recruit in those positions in the January window?
I would say that Robertson is potentially our most creative and influential player this season. Would be bad news to lose him for any games.
About time that all of the international tournaments were put on the international calendar at the same time.
So the World cup stands alone
African, Asian, Europeans.... all on at the same time.
(21-11-2023, 04:02 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]Can't see a problem myself.
After a great start, how much has Yengi been an influence in our excellent first third of the season? 
As for losing either as squad players, haven't Hughes and Mousinho already said that they plan to recruit in those positions in the January window?

Did you only register half of the OP, Gerry? Robertson??

And what if Bishop gets a knock and is out?
(22-11-2023, 05:54 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]
(21-11-2023, 04:02 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]Can't see a problem myself.

Did you only register half of the OP, Gerry? Robertson??

And what if Bishop gets a knock and is out?

Did you register the last sentence of my post, C?
It's what a January transfer window is for.
In addition, we have Pack back, Josh Martin already signed and Lowery back in training.
What's the worry?
Fair cop, G.

I don’t think I’ve read or heard anything specific about recruitment of players to replace those two in particular. That’s not to say it hasn’t been said, just that I haven’t heard it.

Worry? I think there is a huge difference between losing the backup services of Yengi and the very important role that Robertson plays.
(23-11-2023, 05:57 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Fair cop, G.

I don’t think I’ve read or heard anything specific about recruitment of players to replace those two in particular. That’s not to say it hasn’t been said, just that I haven’t heard it.

Worry? I think there is a huge difference between losing the backup services of Yengi and the very important role that Robertson plays.

Agreed about the increasingly impressive Robertson compared to the peripheral figure of Yengi.
Mousinho has said he wants to get more pace up front in the January window so the actual position would be open to interpretation.
I would say by January, we will know where we are with Lowery who is the obvious replacement for Robertson.
I keep forgetting about Lowery. Can’t say that the prospect of his return fills me with excitement. I’d love to be pleasantly surprised though.
(23-11-2023, 05:55 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]I keep forgetting about Lowery. Can’t say that the prospect of his return fills me with excitement. I’d love to be pleasantly surprised though.

he impressed us when he arrived, as ever I'm unsure about him and Morrell at the same time, being sizeist
(23-11-2023, 07:03 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]
(23-11-2023, 05:55 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]I keep forgetting about Lowery. Can’t say that the prospect of his return fills me with excitement. I’d love to be pleasantly surprised though.

he impressed us when he arrived, as ever I'm unsure about him and Morrell at the same time, being sizeist

Really ?  I'd say he has got better game by game since he arrived and is head and shoulders above the rest for his class on the ball.  I'd compare him to Philip Coutinho. 

We are very very lucky to have him, worth the admission price on his own IMO.
(23-11-2023, 07:25 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(23-11-2023, 07:03 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]

Really ?  I'd say he has got better game by game since he arrived and is head and shoulders above the rest for his class on the ball.  I'd compare him to Philip Coutinho. 

We are very very lucky to have him, worth the admission price on his own IMO.

I would have 100% agreed with you before his last injury, DB but he didn't look the same player at the start of this season. Not sure whether it was a matter of having the different players around him or needing more time to build up his physical and psychological strength but he looked out of sorts before he got crocked again.
Apologies... I misread and thought we were talking about Robertson.

I quite like Lowery too but he needs to prove himself from scratch again now. Hope he can cos we will need him if Robertson goes to Qatar for a month.
(23-11-2023, 09:20 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Apologies... I misread and thought we were talking about Robertson.

I quite like Lowery too but he needs to prove himself from scratch again now. Hope he can cos we will need him if Robertson goes to Qatar for a month.

Robertson has been improving and has great skills on the ball. Yes, he is good to watch. However, he has not been playing at no 10, and when he did play there he failed to score or assist. Even as a no 8 he fails to find Bishop or Devlin with penetrating passes and is still yet to score. Bit early for a Coutinho comparison don't you think?
'He reminds me of Coutinho' may have been better wording, obviously he is not yet as good but he is that sort of player and has the potential.