TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: The referee
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Fuck off, fuck off, fuck off and fuck off. You useless piece of shit.

BTW Moushino, when Pack is fit, which he was and Roberston is available then play Pack and push Robertson further forward, it's fucking obvious. And get a new left back that can defend.
Bookings on Sadee and second on Morrell were correct.
The ref wasn’t great but he’s not the worst I’ve seen.

As for Mousinho, you make a good point about Pack. I know he hasn’t played for a while but then neither has Martin (who was very unimpressive). Why play a player who hasn’t lit up anywhere he’s been and leave your captain on the bench?
Morrell should have been taken off the moment he got the first yellow. The red mist had clearly descended. Mousinho immediately consulted his bench and I was convinced they were discussing it and were going to. Huge mistake to leave him on.
Worst performance from a ref at FP for quite a while, and there’s been some stiff competition for that. Their second goal and the pen not given were huge turning points.
Let’s not detract from a very good Blackpool performance. We were poorer than them.
The 2nd goal was definitely offside and it was as clear as day, if you can't see that as an official you shouldn't be in the profession. The non-pen was definitely a pen. Morrell was given a 2nd yellow but Blackpool were getting away with it all afternoon. Hope the ref has a really terrible journey home.
Shame about Morrell, I guess we hoped that he had finally learned the lesson. Seems he never will.
Pack and Stevenson next game and push Robertson forward. The three we had today was really very lightweight and inexperienced.
I wouldn't change Morrell, he plays on the edge.... And that's what makes him great.

He is by far our best player.
Can’t play him if he’s suspended. Same point over again.
(25-11-2023, 05:37 PM)essentialmix75 Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn't change Morrell, he plays on the edge.... And that's what makes him great.

I think he has been far more controlled as captain, until the club captain appeared on the bench!
Trouble is that you get far longer suspensions if you repeat the offence, might have to plan for not having him much in March and April!
It's going to happen, you can't play in the middle of the park and tackle like Whyte.

Just look at the likes of Patrick Vieira or Roy Keane they were great because they played on the edge.

Footballs about the battle and I want fighters!...
For the 1st goal expected the flag to go up when Blackpool broke down the left wing. He looked offside to me and many others near me. 2nd goal was down the other end and all I saw was Norris running to the linesman. No complaints re yellow for Saydee or Morrell x 2. As Morrell received a red v Peterborough (2 yellows again) here in September that will mean he misses both away games next week.
(25-11-2023, 05:40 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]
(25-11-2023, 05:37 PM)essentialmix75 Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn't change Morrell, he plays on the edge.... And that's what makes him great.

I think he has been far more controlled as captain, until the club captain appeared on the bench!
Trouble is that you get far longer suspensions if you repeat the offence, might have to plan for not having him much in March and April!

Yes it will be a 3 match ban if he receives 2 yellows after this suspension
That ball across from Sparkes was a hospital ball. Totally stitched up Morell for the second
What an absolute clown.

Him and the lino were completely useless.
As were the entire Pompey team.
Hang on though it seems the ref team have told JM that the goalscorer for their 2nd goal was not interfering with play despite being offside. Ok so that’s complete stupidity.
I didn't see today as anything other than unlucky. There were very bad refereeing decisions that completely swung the game.

We maybe didn't react as well as we could have after a series of injustices, which eventually lead to a crap scoreline, but that's just human nature given the circumstances.
Mousinho post match interview says that Joe's second was a yellow in his view. Says he was prepared to defend him against Peterborough but this one he has enough experience not to go to ground so early.

Also said he thinks Lane has more quality and could have done better.

Available on OS.

Refreshing.
Couldn’t really say anything else. it was a very poor challenge and Morrell knew it himself, feigning being hurt. He knew exactly what he’d done and it was no else’s fault but his own. Both his yellows were for very similar fouls. He’s a dirty little bastard sometimes and he really doesn’t need to be. I don’t buy this ‘edge’ load of bollocks, as an excuse for tackles like that. He needs to get a hold of himself and grow up.

How many matches are we going to lose him for this season?
Red mist, as with Dillon he will probably end up playing below his maximum possible level as he gets to stalk off the pitch so often. And Kevin did stalking/stomping off the pitch better than anyone I've ever seen!
Morrell very disappointing, I said a while back that awarding him the armband was a sensible move, and it DID seem to be paying off. BUT, he has this problem with the demon red mist !