TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Silver linings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We needed that humility.

Now we find out about the manager.

I felt that Kamara did well inside today and was unlucky not to claim the assist with the debutant going through one on one.

That's about the best I can suggest.
What can you do. Injury hit and a bad day. Going to happen sooner or later. How the team reacts in the next few games dictates our season.
(25-11-2023, 06:42 PM)teeftwo Wrote: [ -> ]What can you do. Injury hit and a bad day. Going to happen sooner or later. How the team reacts in the next few games dictates our season.

Well the first thing you can do is tell your captain to show a bit of leadership, and to stop running around getting himself sent off for petulant fouls, again, (the sooner Pack returns the better). When you are 2-0 down at home trying to get back into the game that's the last thing you need. I think the other players took that attitude as well and were thoroughly pissed of with him.
Second foul I think he was stitched up with a hospital ball, to be fair. But first one you have a point.
Pack and Stevenson deep. Kamara back on the wing, Robertson back up to ten. Would be a far far more solid team. Of course we might put the other small guy in the middle too.
Suffolk, I literally meant, what can you do. The manager can do plenty, as supporters we should keep a level head.
Very interested in how we respond.
Cowley went on unbeaten runs....then as soon as we lost we couldn't win for months.

Hope (and expect) this set up is better equipped to ensure no repeat.
and to compete with Bolton we will need to turn a few more draws into wins
(25-11-2023, 09:33 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]and to compete with Bolton we will need to turn a few more draws into wins

We need players back from injury
I would like to see Saydee start on Tuesday night in place of Josh Martin with Pack and Stephenson coming in for Lane and Morrell then we can play Robertson in a more attacking ‘number 10’ roll. I think Towler is more solid defensively than Sparkes so chuck him in at left back to shore up the defensive left side
I’d keep Sparkes where he is. He just needs support on that flank, he can’t be both ends of the pitch at once.
Indeed, but he also had a bit of a mare yesterday, hope it's out if everyone's system now.
A result like yesterdays was always going go happen at some point.....just the law of averages after 27 matches (unless you're Man Shitty or the like).

The key thing now is how we respond, and oddly enough I'm more optimistic about the next 2 away games than I would have been if we had sneaked a result against Blackpool.

A lot has been said about the "togetherness" of this squad.....and Tuesday night is the perfect opportunity to show it.

I'm going...

Burton 0 Pompey 2
Northampton 1 Pompey 2
(26-11-2023, 05:23 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]I’d keep Sparkes where he is. He just needs support on that flank, he can’t be both ends of the pitch at once.

Trouble with Sparkes is that he can cross a great ball but is a bang average defender. He got ripped a new one yesterday.
Agreed