TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Highlights or should it be Lowlights
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Think I'll give it a miss tonight.
I don't think we can be blaming the ref for those.

First one, we switch off, back to marker, acres of space.

Second one, what was their guy supposed to do? We would be incensed if they took that off us.

Third one, deflection after we lose our shape for the upteenth time and we are all at sea.

Fourth one, Norris ladies and gentlemen.
Pity it doesn't show the Kamara penalty. For me the ref's whole game hangs on whether he got that one right or wrong, it was the most important decision of the game.  At the time I thought Kamara may have dived, but hearing Mousinho and Whittingham talking about it make me think it was probably a penalty. I'd like to see it. 

Didn't think Norris was blameless for the first - he got to it so it didn't seem impossible to keep it out. 

For the second if it touched the player and he was offside then there is no doubt it should not have stood. Not sure those pictures prove either point either way.
Second one took the slightest of deflections but for me did not interfere with play. Would have not changed our positioning and would still have gone in, Norris was well beaten.

If they took that goal off us we would be raging.
Never a pen for me live on Kamala but I haven’t seen it back so reserve judgement
But if the player doing the deflecting was offside then no-one would ever complain.  Just not sure he was.
My view was that he was offside.

How Norris can be blamed for the fourth goal, I do not comprehend. It was just a fantastic strike.
(25-11-2023, 07:13 PM)exterminator Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sp...highlights

I can take the defeat - it's the first time I've experienced one since Sheff Wed's smash and grab win last season. What I didn't like was how quickly our heads dropped after the second goal and, particularly, after Morrell's decision to have next week off.

We played our usually self in the first half. Give the opponent a lead and try to claw it back. Usually the plan works. On another day, we'd have an own goal, Kamara wouldn't get the shits when having to decide to take a shot, and that one-on-one would have been on our favour. And we'd get the break on the disallowed goal.

Unfortunately, Kamara can't do 45 mins and after the break the rest of the team decided to do so well. I was really disappointed by how quickly the heads dropped. There was no fight and Blackpool were basically handed the freedom of the pitch to pick and choose when to shoot and when to score. Shame also to see the Tottenham fire drill isn't just restricted to London. You can't ask players to fight for the shirt when the first signs of defeat in 27 games is enough for large numbers to cry off. The response by those that gave a shit was good though.

This is Mourinho's first big test. Lifting the team for a must win away match at Burton is a must.
Unfortunately we haven't been convincing for the past month, with the games now coming thick and fast its not a good time to have so many injuries and players out of form.
JM needs to sort his midfield out asap. It should’ve been Pack and Morrell with Robertson at 10. Against Burton , it’ll have to be Pack/ Robertson and he should play Devlin at 10. Why buy a holding midfielder ( Stevenson) and not play him ? And insist on playing an attacking midfielder in that role?
Apparently Mousinho was told that for the second goal the ball did deflect off the player and that he was in an offisde position but not interfering with play.  No intefering with play ?  -- he has been awarded the goal FFS !   

If this story is true then the referee has to be demoted a few leagues for not knowing the laws of the game, and that was the moment that turned the game.
If that’s true, barring a subtle part of the rules I’m unaware of, that seems quite incredible.