TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Player Ratings - Blackpool (H)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Norris - 6. Couldn't do a lot about the goals. Made 1 good save.
Sparkes - 2. Absolutely terrible performance. At fault for first goal. Completely battered by the Blackpool right winger and right back. Awful.
Shaughnessy - 5. His worst performance in a Pompey shirt. Misjudged the ball quite a bit. Generally poor.
Raggett - 5. Some decent headers here and there but looked shaky and gave the ball away a fair bit. Not sure if we can rely on him to go up.
Rafferty - 5.5. Not great but more solid than our left side.
Morell - 5. He was actually playing well until the sending off. Tackling, passing well and trying to get the players going. Then lost his head - again! Needs councilling.
Robertson. 6. Not too bad. Some decent passing. Needs to shoot once in a while.
Martin. Can't actually remember to be honest!
Kamara - 6.5. Some good bits of skill and passing - should have had a penalty.
Lane - 7. Good crossing. Good wing play generally. Just nobody getting on the end of it.
Bishop - 5.5. Isolated and ineffective. Needs some help. Keeps going deep to get the ball but then ends up out of position.

Subs did nothing - good to see Pack back. We are going to need him if we're going to go up.

Saydee. Again did nothing. Yet to see what the fuss is about.

Ref: Dross.

What do you reckon?
Since the TV FA Cup game, when he was criticised for staying in the middle, Bishop seems to be doing too much work all over the pitch. he is a goal poacher, get back to basics, stay in the middle batter the defenders and stick the ball in the net. Either him or our coaching staff listened to the commentary and have made him change.
Norris was a 4 at the most - a half decent goalie would have stopped at least two of those shots.

To br fair Sparkes needs an experienced hard working wide player on that left flank with him which he isn't getting.

Agree with Bishop - he can't take on 2/3 defenders by himself- it has been obvious for weeks that he needs help up front.
(25-11-2023, 07:24 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Since the TV FA Cup game, when he was criticised for staying in the middle, Bishop seems to be doing too much work all over the pitch. he is a goal poacher, get back to basics, stay in the middle batter the defenders and stick the ball in the net. Either him or our coaching staff listened to the commentary and have made him change.

Fair point - so that's where it comes from!

I also don't think he doesn't rate some of our midfielders - thinks he needs to do it all himself.
Wouldn't argue with much of that.  Bit harsh on Shaughnessy maybe, but I disagree with Lane. Thought he was poor from the first minute when he was shrugged easily off the ball.  Twice shot poorly when a cross was needed, and didn't hit a dangerous cross all game.  But I assume he was injured and not expecting to play but got dragged in due to whatever kept Whyte out.
Sparkes did not shower himself in glory but was woefully exposed by Martin. That was a gamble that went very wrong indeed. It should not have been allowed to go on for an hour.

Raggett repeatedly caught forward and dominated today by the Blackpool number 18. Attracted out of position by chasing him into midfield multiple times. Another 4 or 5 out of 10 for him. He worries me in combination with the goalkeeper.

Calamity Norris for me another 3 or 4 out of 10 performance. We need to drop him, but we can't because the others are worse.
Maybe I've gone a bit easy on Norris.

I was sat low down behind our goal and it was difficult to see the last 3 goals clearly.
Sparkes.. dear god he should have been subbed at half time and gone 3 -5-2. He has no future in the game at any higher level until he learns to use his right foot. Today he needed to learn how to use his left and how to tackle. He really is a dreadful defender. Morrell is a head case. Our wingers are crap compared to Blackpool’s. I am not a fan of Lane but he is the best of a really bad bunch. If only for Curtis.bishop needs to stop backing into defenders and hoping for free kicks and try winning the ball instead. His constant whining irritates me. Saydee could have seen red as well in his over aggressive and pointless cameo performance. All in all a dreadful day and these next away games are massive.
(25-11-2023, 07:31 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Wouldn't argue with much of that.  Bit harsh on Shaughnessy maybe, but I disagree with Lane. Thought he was poor from the first minute when he was shrugged easily off the ball.  Twice shot poorly when a cross was needed, and didn't hit a dangerous cross all game.  But I assume he was injured and not expecting to play but got dragged in due to whatever kept Whyte out.

Lane put in a fantastic cross that flashed across the 6 yard box. Bishop held his hand up, knowing he should have been there.
(25-11-2023, 09:01 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]
(25-11-2023, 07:31 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Wouldn't argue with much of that.  Bit harsh on Shaughnessy maybe, but I disagree with Lane. Thought he was poor from the first minute when he was shrugged easily off the ball.  Twice shot poorly when a cross was needed, and didn't hit a dangerous cross all game.  But I assume he was injured and not expecting to play but got dragged in due to whatever kept Whyte out.

Lane put in a fantastic cross that flashed across the 6 yard box. Bishop held his hand up, knowing he should have been there.

One cross does not a player make.
It was one more than was claimed and it should have been put away. While his shots came to nothing, at least he made the attempts. He mixed it up and went both sides of his defender to try and make crosses or shots.

Not bad for a player who was supposed to be out for a couple of weeks, injured.

I could criticise a few players yesterday but I’ll give Lane the benefit of the doubt.