TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Bishop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If I was him I would be livid. 

Can we hold onto him in January if a Championship team come in?
Why would he be livid?

He is a decent player on good money for this level i would suspect. Colby is not without his faults, missed some easy opportunities v Charlton. 

Whether he would make an impact in the championship is highly questionable. I don't think he would.
He spent all afternoon backing in and claiming free kicks instead of playing football. I thought he was disappointing and got nothing from the ref as his reward tbh.
Got dispossessed all too easily, yesterday.

Time to get rid? Not a chance! His work rate is fantastic and his finishing is generally fantastic. Can’t expect perfection from anyone at this level.
Problem is, in general, if Colby doesn’t score who does?
It’s been a problem for the last few seasons and the reason, in my view, as to why we aren’t hammering sides.
Getting bodies into the box is the key.
(26-11-2023, 09:21 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]It’s been a problem for the last few seasons and the reason, in my view, as to why we aren’t hammering sides.
Getting bodies into the box is the key.

Which we had got better at. We are playing a reserve three behind Colby at present which is starting to show.
(26-11-2023, 09:17 AM)blueinbrum3 Wrote: [ -> ]Problem is, in general, if Colby doesn’t score who does?

Precisely. It’s glaring obvious that we have no firepower whatsoever. Our second leading goal scorer so far this season is Regan Poole on 3 goals and he’s a central defender who is now out for the season. This does not bode well for a team targeting automatic promotion. 

I believe the powers that be were hoping Gavin Whyte and Anthony Scully would chip in with goals. That plan has clearly has not come to fruition. Just shows how remarkable our start has been. Let’s hope thr January transfer window rectifies the issue, but I have my doubts.
(26-11-2023, 10:14 PM)BigSmokeBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(26-11-2023, 09:17 AM)blueinbrum3 Wrote: [ -> ]Problem is, in general, if Colby doesn’t score who does?

Precisely. It’s glaring obvious that we have no firepower whatsoever. Our second leading goal scorer so far this season is Regan Poole on 3 goals and he’s a central defender who is now out for the season. This does not bode well for a team targeting automatic promotion. 

I believe the powers that be were hoping Gavin Whyte and Anthony Scully would chip in with goals. That plan has clearly has not come to fruition. Just shows how remarkable our start has been. Let’s hope thr January transfer window rectifies the issue, but I have my doubts.

It was Connor Ogilvie who chipped in with a few last season.
So, defender last season and a defender this, as prominent goal scoring support. That tells a story that supports your line of thought.
We still haven’t got a proper attacking/ goal scoring number 10. A position we’ve needed filling properly for almost 2 years.
IMO I think Robertson will fill that role, he's been incredibly unlucky not to score yet as he's got an excellent shot on him.
Give Yengi a proper go, not just 10 minute cameos
352 or 442 I don't care but no more 4231 please.
Hopefully Colby isn't out for a long time, although the injury didn't look brilliant.

We are so unlucky with injuries.
Bishop was wearing a boot on his injured foot after tonight’s game. Apparently only as a precaution. If he’s ruled out for an extended period, then the rest of the team have no choice but to step up and chip in with the goals required to win us games and secure promotion.
Bishop: 'doesn't look good' according to Mousinho. Sounds like he's preparing himself for the worst.
Difficult for teams to plan for our pattern of play now, isn’t it?

Yengi, Yengi…………
A very pertinent reminder elsewhere.
Yengi could be off to the Asian games.
Would Robertson be likely to go to?

If both go, we are looking more than a little thin
Colby hasn't had a scan yet, as the swelling needs to go down. Although I am hearing that Colby is likely to be out until February.

If the scan confirms this, then I would urge the club to spend on someone such as Jonson Clarke Harris, although whether Peterborough would sell remains to be seen. He would certainly score a lot of goals and would be available for a high 6 figure sum.
They’d hold us to ransom for JCH. How long remaining on his current contract? Have we used up all our loan options?
Clark Harris out of contract in the summer with Posh hoping to revive the deal with Bristol Rovers that didn't get done in time last window.
£800k then will surely be closer to £500k in January.
Nailed on need a goalscorer in Jan then. Shit.
More likely we will look for an experienced loan out of favour somewhere than splash half a million or more on a 29 year old. Might depend on how long Bishop is out. 

Also we will need someone early in January if Yengi is off to Qatar and I can't see Peterborough doing business with JCH early in the month, they will hold out for the maximum amount and be in no rush to get it. 

I notice Michael Smith is not playing for Sheff Wed at the moment ... is he injured ? or out of favour?
500k for JCH would be a steal but I think he will go for more than that. The 800k included writing off the debt that Boro owed Rovers. If it could be done for that, we would have got a great deal.
Would Michael Smith want to come back, he completely lost his confidence at home games last time. I suspect he does better up north, some do.
Pages: 1 2