TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Burton
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Difficult one to call this.
Good thing is Pack will be back in the starting line-up as an obvious replacememnt for Morrell but with so many others out, it then becomes a bit tricky. I guess Stevenson will come in and then it's a matter of shuffling the pack for who plays in what role in midfield. 

Most of the others at the top are playing each other so it's a good - maybe crucial - time to get three points.
I would like Bolton to beat Oxford and Stevenage and Peterborough to draw.
Must win. We cannot allow a rot to set in.

I want it to be to nil so we can get some confidence into Raggett and Norris. At least Morrell won't be around to bollock Raggett on the pitch so that's a start.

and I want 2+ goals so we can start to regain confidence in our ability to put games to bed.
Norris
Rafferty Raggett Shaughnessy Sparkes 
Pack Stevenson
Lane  Robertson Kamara 
Bishop 

would seem an obvious starting 11 with maybe Devlin starting ahead of Stevenson ? 

Filling the bench a bit trickier .... Schofield , Towler, Devlin, Martin, Saydee, Yengi   plus Hume ?
I think we need another left back on the bench to put pressure on Sparkes. If Whyte is available I’d expect him to start probably on the right with Lane moving to the left. I’d like to see Devlin in the 10 role if JM insists on playing Robertson alongside Pack. Personally I’d like
Norris
Raff Ragg Shaughy, Sparkes
Pack Stevenson
Whyte Robertson Lane
Bish
(28-11-2023, 12:54 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]I think we need another left back on the bench to put pressure on Sparkes. If Whyte is available I’d expect him to start probably on the right with Lane moving to the left. I’d like to see Devlin in the 10 role if JM insists on playing Robertson alongside Pack. Personally I’d like
Norris
Raff Ragg Shaughy, Sparkes
Pack Stevenson
Whyte Robertson Lane
Bish

Whyte is still out for family reasons ?
Wasn't sure. I'm just back from a quick weekend in N.I, nothing in the papers over there about him so hopefully he'll be back soon.

Looks like Lane on the right and Kamara out left then.
If Sparkes is playing, Kamara in front to give him some protection. Martin tracked back on Saturday, but had absolutely no idea what to do when he got there.
Whyte was in the Cosham Burger King Petrol station at around 11.30ish today.

He has a Q8 55 on a 23 plate.

Did think he would be cutting it fine if he was traveling with the team to Burton.
Do you work the till or the grill?
Driving passed, he was waiting to get out...... He was a bit like he is at football.

Hanging back!.
Whyte moved his family about a lot during the summer, wonder if that is an issue
(28-11-2023, 11:32 AM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]Must win. We cannot allow a rot to set in.

I want it to be to nil so we can get some confidence into Raggett and Norris. At least Morrell won't be around to bollock Raggett on the pitch so that's a start.

and I want 2+ goals so we can start to regain confidence in our ability to put games to bed.

Get in!

Almost perfect but for the Bishop injury. Hopefully precautionary
Gave Yengi a useful run out too.
We do have a worryingly inexperienced front four if Bishop is out
Ironic that Blackpool did a "after the Lord Mayors show" - aka played their very best game of the season at Fratton Park.

However, that's football, I presume we had someone watching the Cobblers last evening to see what they do right, and where leaks may appear ?
Burton manager says he was disappointed to lose after they were camped in our half for much of the game. Didn't sound like that on the radio??!!
(29-11-2023, 01:46 PM)FiftyYearsOn Wrote: [ -> ]Burton manager says he was disappointed to lose after they were camped in our half for much of the game. Didn't sound like that on the radio??!!

That's because it's complete bullshit. They had a 10 minute spell after half time but we could have scored more comfortably.

Deebo

(29-11-2023, 01:46 PM)FiftyYearsOn Wrote: [ -> ]Burton manager says he was disappointed to lose after they were camped in our half for much of the game. Didn't sound like that on the radio??!!

As long as he keeps believing his own bullshit they’ll remain crap. First 45 they were terrified of coming out of their own half. It was only when they went a goal down they started to play a bit. If he couldn’t see that they were second best for most of the game then that’s his and his club’s problem.
Tbh, they looked threatening every time Bah got at Sparkes. I was very impressed with him.
The actually attacked on the break quite effectively, the very opposite of camping in our half watching on iplayer.
If he'd said that and complained about the yellow for a head kick while Kamara got none earlier, that would have been fair enough.

Deebo

(29-11-2023, 05:59 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Tbh, they looked threatening every time Bah got at Sparkes. I was very impressed with

Yeh he played well. Can’t help thinking Sparkes would be better in the John Robertson role slinging in crosses further up the pitch (showing my age there) with Ogilvie behind. Just a thought. 

Big Grin
When Ogilvie eventually returns Sparkes gives us very interesting options further up, especially away.
(29-11-2023, 07:42 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]The actually attacked on the break quite effectively, the very opposite of camping in our half watching on iplayer.
If he'd said that and complained about the yellow for a head kick while Kamara got none earlier, that would have been fair enough.

I thought there was a huge difference between the two incidents, Hammie. The player came from behind and Kamara had no idea he was there. Seddon was fully aware of Kamara because they were both challenging for the ball.
(29-11-2023, 05:59 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Tbh, they looked threatening every time Bah got at Sparkes. I was very impressed with him.

Indeed, Bah looked their best player.  Jack hopefully has learnt from it, and will get closer, not letting tricky wingers run at him.
Not impressed with Bah's performance after the final whistle went, refused to shake Jack's hand.  Then a Burton player came over and hugged jack and made Bah look stupid. Big Grin
Evens then because Bah made Jack look stupid for near enough the entire game.

Mind you, I did enjoy watching Jack put him on his arse., on the one occasion.

Can we sign Bah in January?
Farmyard animal strikers don't tend to work out for us.