TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: great goal at Barnsley
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
if you haven't seen it, take a look. Funny as you like!
(28-11-2023, 10:19 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]if you haven't seen it, take a look. Funny as you like!

Wycombe's attempts at shìthousery really have gone to  ratshìt since Ainsworth left.
Is there a link?
Having seen it, much as it's great to see Wycombe get their comeuppance, I have to say I would be aggrieved not to get a foul on our keeper for that. 

But not as aggrieved as having a goalscorer in an offside position deemed as not interfering with play as he put the ball in the net.
(29-11-2023, 03:45 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a link?

Basically, Wycombe GK was doing the standard time wasting thing of leaning over the ball waiting for opposition forward to close him down before picking it up. Barnsley forward does and puts hands out onto keeper to stop his own momentum and not actually barge into him. Nowhere near enough force to knock a 6 foot plus, 85kg man even one step backwards but the  Goalkeeper throws himself to the ground looking for a free kick to waste even more time. In doing so the ball slips out his hands. Barnsley lad not hearing any ref's whistle jogs over to ball and taps it in. Goal is given. Lower league football fans of all other clubs knowingly smile and laugh at Wycombe.
https://www.google.fr/search?q=barnsley+...wyV4o,st:0

V funny, it made me chortle.

A special mention for the pass showed in the opening scene. Raggett-esque.
the fact that the ref was running away from the keeper suggests he had been up there telling him to get on with the game and had had enough of his faffing around.
Maybe if and when football brings in a timekeeper, they can put the 5 second rule back onto keepers and put it on the big screen?

Skip to 1 min 30 secs
That put a smile on my face lol

Nothing wrong with that goal!
(29-11-2023, 07:40 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]the fact that the ref was running away from the keeper suggests he had been up there telling him to get on with the game and had had enough of his faffing around.
Maybe if and when football brings in a timekeeper, they can put the 5 second rule back onto keepers and put it on the big screen?

5 second rule never existed.
6 second rule still exists but is frustratingly never enforced.
Norris does that a lot too, picking the ball up at the last second.
I still think that by touching the keeper the forward has committed an offence. The fact that the keeper flung himself to the ground needlessly as a result to waste time might make us laugh and think he deserved all he got, but does not actually change the fact that forwards are not allowed to make contact with the keeper when he is about the clear the ball.  

Couldn't have happened to a nicer team though !
He wasn’t on the point of clearing the ball though and he kept hold of it until he sat down and then fumbled it. Surely a player has the right to go for a fifty fifty ball when the keeper doesn’t have hold of it?
These things tend to happen in twos and threes. I bet we see it in the Premier League or another top Euro league before Xmas
Used to enjoy Gerry Creaney's attempts at nicking the ball off the keeper as he was about to kick it. Am sure Creaney succeeded in getting the ball on 4 or 5 occasions - in my opinion totally cleanly without physical contact on the keeper - yet every time, the ref disallowed the goal! There was a famous incident back in about 1970 when George Best did something similar against Gordon Banks in the Home Internationals. Think the goal was disallowed.
It was and Best was booked for ungentlemanly conduct.
Pompey_in_DerbyUsed to enjoy Gerry Creaney's attempts at nicking the ball off the keeper as he was about to kick it. Am sure Creaney succeeded in getting the ball on 4 or 5 occasions - in my opinion totally cleanly without physical contact on the keeper - yet every time, the ref disallowed the goal! There was a famous incident back in about 1970 when George Best did something similar against Gordon Banks in the Home Internationals. Think the goal was disallowed.

The best ever at nicking the ball off of keepers was Guy, with his extendo leg. Back passes when he was about were a huge risk. I guess he was doing the forward press years before the rest.
What was the game in which one of our forwards - was it Mick Quinn? - went down injured in the six-yard box, the keeper was in front of him and forgot all about him so when he dropped the ball at his feet, Quinn picked himself up, nipped round in front of the keeper and popped the ball in the net.
Any footage?
(01-12-2023, 06:03 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]What was the game in which one of our forwards - was it Mick Quinn? - went down injured in the six-yard box, the keeper was in front of him and forgot all about him so when he dropped the ball at his feet, Quinn picked himself up, nipped round in front of the keeper and popped the ball in the net.
Any footage?

Colin Garwood @ Wigan iirc. 79/80.
.........and more howlers from Notts Cny v Shrewsbury last night

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/67597161
Comedy gold. Even looked a bit suspicious, County gifting the Shrews three goals
Notice that the full back who slipped up for their first goal has still got his face buried in the turf as Shrewsbury are celebrating   Big Grin