TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Norfhampton.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
We get stuffed by Blackpool, who then get stuffed by our next opponents.

Should we be worried?

A well researched piece on their forum and some interesting reminiscing of the 1980 promotion game

http://www.thehotelend.co.uk

1-2
The Cobblers are a decent enough side on their home patch, and with Bish out, I reckon we're looking at a drab 0-0 draw. 

I remember when we won promotion there from the old Div 4, how we were all desperate to hear the result of the other game (I think it was Bradford) which Pompey needed to go their way. Of course, no mobile phones back then...so anyone who had a radio was mobbed!
.... recall Cunning that we scraped up in 4th place, but I recall the enjoyable evening celebrating promotion !
One of their posters doesn't recall our pitch invasion. Not sure how you can forget around 6k Pompey fans on the pitch but whatever. Right up there in cracking days out. I was right in line with Davey's header as it dipped in under the bar, limbs etc.
Iirc the 2nd half we controlled & the second was from Ian Purdie. Then that wait @ ft to find out that Bradford had indeed lost @ Peterborough.
Some of them seem to think the match might be called off due to a frozen pitch.
Northampton have tweeted that they expect the game to be on.

"Covers have been on the pitch at Sixfields for the last few days. They were taken off today for a few hours and pitch is in good condition. Covers are going back on now for tonight and if temperatures are as forecast we expect pitch to be in good condition tomorrow"
Come on Blues!

Another win would be lovely.

They are not bad at all judging on recent results.

Away win 2-1!
all the makings of a few more injuries, playing on a borderline frosty pitch.
How can it be borderline frosty if they’ve had covers on???
Are they like big electric blankets then? And are they going to keep them on for the game?
Due to be minus 1 till 11 o'clock. A stinking 1 degree by 3 o'clock, but back to 0 degrees by 4 o'clock. That's frosty, that is.
(01-12-2023, 12:14 PM)bluebollox Wrote: [ -> ]One of their posters doesn't recall our pitch invasion. Not sure how you can forget around 6k Pompey fans on the pitch but whatever. Right up there in cracking days out. I was right in line with Davey's header as it dipped in under the bar, limbs etc.
Iirc the 2nd half we controlled & the second was from Ian Purdie. Then that wait @ ft to find out that Bradford had indeed lost @ Peterborough.

'Pompey up the floodlights, Pompey setting fires in the Kop' 'General chaos in Abington Avenue'   Big Grin
(01-12-2023, 06:51 PM)Kingo Wrote: [ -> ]Due to be minus 1 till 11 o'clock. A stinking 1 degree by 3 o'clock, but back to 0 degrees by 4 o'clock. That's frosty, that is.

That might only chill the top couple of mm of topsoil but unless a frost is sustained at well below zero……

How do you think they manage in Scotland, Scandinavia, Russia etc?

Anyway, where’s g? Haven’t seen anything of him for a while now. Has he flounced without telling anyone?
it would not be the worst of things for us to have a few games called off, give us time to patch up our injured players
Fog is the biggest potential problem, apparently.

Northampton have tweeted that no inspection planned.
‘ It’s cold but pitch still in good condition under the covers’

4 mins ago. Fog doesn’t look too bad either, looking at the pic.
(01-12-2023, 09:30 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-12-2023, 06:51 PM)Kingo Wrote: [ -> ]Due to be minus 1 till 11 o'clock. A stinking 1 degree by 3 o'clock, but back to 0 degrees by 4 o'clock. That's frosty, that is.

That might only chill the top couple of mm of topsoil but unless a frost is sustained at well below zero……

Anyway, where’s g? Haven’t seen anything of him for a while now. Has he flounced without telling anyone?

I see today "how they manage in Scotland"
(02-12-2023, 01:02 PM)Kingo Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-12-2023, 09:30 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]

I see today "how they manage in Scotland"

I remember playing on icey/frosty fields and sounding like a herd of buffalo. Smile
I was effin freezing, even with a sweatshirt under the team shirt.
Its funny following pompey.
Mention our biggest memories and Northampton, Stockport and the like come near the top
Raggersssss
.....SuperRags
Yengi crossbar followed by Lane lob, get in
Regan who?

Raggett has been absolutely outstanding this half at both ends of the pitch
Good performance so far. Could have been more than 2 goals up too.
Saydee having a blinder too, so strong, just needs a goal.
Pages: 1 2