TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: pompey V bolton?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As its a Monday fixture, will it be on TV?
Yes on Sky. So 3 points to Bolton.
(02-12-2023, 05:58 PM)Bluebob Wrote: [ -> ]Yes on Sky. So 3 points to Bolton.

Ha ha, Hopefully not Big Grin
Will Colby be fit do you think?
(02-12-2023, 05:45 PM)foxleyblue Wrote: [ -> ]As its a Monday fixture, will it be on TV?

Its because of those kunts that the game was moved in the first place. Just a months notice before ko. Stuff Bolton fans. Even getting back to Cosham on the train won't be straightforward.
I reckon ( if no more injuries)
Norris
Rafferty Raggett Shaugs Sparkes
Pack Morrell
Lane Robertson Kamara
Yengi ( or Colby if 2nd opinion shows it’s old scar tissue)
(03-12-2023, 11:38 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]I reckon ( if no more injuries)
Norris
Pack Morrell
Lane Robertson Kamara

In spite of Morrell being unreliable and Saydee, apparently, having a good game yesterday. Why not go with the old maxim, "never change a winning team," unless you have to.
(03-12-2023, 11:49 AM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-12-2023, 11:38 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]I reckon ( if no more injuries)
Norris
Pack Morrell
Lane Robertson Kamara

In spite of Morrell being unreliable and Saydee, apparently, having a good game yesterday. Why not go with the old maxim, "never change a winning team," unless you have to.

That's never been Mousinho's style. I think his approach can be summed as training the whole squad to play a certain way then choosing players that suit the particular challenge posed by the opponents.  Saydee was particularly effective in battering Northampton's central defence but we might need a different tactical approach to pierce the Bolton rearguard.
I would go with bluetag's line up bringing Kamara back to get around the back rather than through it.
This feels big as a top of the table clash while Oxford have a tricky one at Peterborough on the Saturday. I don't think it will define our season though. Aside from this game and arguably one or two others, we do have a lot of games between now and a tricky looking March. It is so so important that we don't get bogged down in a run of frustrating draws against teams we should be beating that could knacker us for automatic promotion.

I certainly don't think any if the other promotion contenders (especially two player dependent Oxford) could deal with the level of first choice XI/arguably first choice XI injuries and absences that we have had while still keeping up a strong pace.
lots of tickets available
Annoying for Bolton's away fans, as much as for our ST holders who struggle to get to (or home from) evening games.
Evening games are par for the course. Having a game rescheduled, with such short notice, is an unwelcome act by Sky. I have full sympathy for Bolton fans, who had already made their plans for travel and accommodation.
Bolton would have had a reasonably large contingent for a Saturday game and it would have been a far greater spectacle.

Bollocks to Sky, their money and their PL.