TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Norris
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First I would say that Norris is a good keeper at this level, and made some very tidy stops on Saturday when he was called upon.

However, watching the game at Cobblers, I was very concerned that he overtly demonstrated his time wasting skills so early in the game and - sorry- probably "talked his way" into the Refs book and his Yellow.

We all know how the same thing pees us off at FP and a home crowd only need to sense that a keeper is trying it on then they immediately bring it to the refs attention. 

Bearing in mind his booking was so early what might have happened if - later on , he accidently picked up the ball for a goal kick and then dropped it ? It could easily have happened on saturday with the ground conditions, and I would suggest, not a good habit to adopt.

We could have been down to ten and ruined a dramatically good performance, and when he received his booking we were well on top so unnecessary . Too risky !
There’s a debate on this on the Northampton site. Interesting, reading the opposition view on it.

Personally, I agree with you.
What is the opposition view on it cunni?
He does it too much and also dallies with the ball, often clearing at the last moment. Having said that, his distribution is excellent and bar those two near post goals recently, has made a lot of very good stops.
(04-12-2023, 06:08 PM)kindofblue Wrote: [ -> ]What is the opposition view on it cunni?
As varied as ours, probably. 

Have a gander at it. The Portsmouth thread, obviously.
(04-12-2023, 06:13 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]He does it too much and also dallies with the ball, often clearing at the last moment. Having said that, his distribution is excellent and bar those two near post goals recently, has made a lot of very good stops.

In my opinion, him going into time wasting mode led to a loss of focus and concentration which resulted in those 2 piss weak charlton goals. That and Charlton fans lobbing stuff at him because of it too.
I'd just like to see the 6 seconds (?) rule enforced on all keepers. The law is there, so enforce it.
Equally seeing the pictures of the Man city players in the ref's face. Right or wrong on the decision before, he should have been brandishing cards for the player mob.
(04-12-2023, 08:02 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]I'd just like to see the 6 seconds (?) rule enforced on all keepers. The law is there, so enforce it.
Equally seeing the pictures of the Man city players in the ref's face. Right or wrong on the decision before, he should have been brandishing cards for the player mob.
Absolutely agree on your City comment. Shrek is a great player but should be banned for his action. On top of all that, there's no certainty Grealish would have scored as he's not had a good season so far. And finally: the reason why City didn't win is because Shrek missed two good goalscoring opportunities. Refs are blamed for making mistakes, but prima-donna players seemingly aren't.
(04-12-2023, 10:04 PM)Rocketman Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-12-2023, 08:02 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]I'd just like to see the 6 seconds (?) rule enforced on all keepers. The law is there, so enforce it.
Absolutely agree on your City comment. Shrek is a great player but should be banned for his action. On top of all that, there's no certainty Grealish would have scored as he's not had a good season so far. And finally: the reason why City didn't win is because Shrek missed two good goalscoring opportunities. Refs are blamed for making mistakes, but prima-donna players seemingly aren't.

and all the ex players on the TV promptly have a go at the ref and ignore the behaviour of said prima donnas.
(04-12-2023, 07:52 PM)BabaOReally Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-12-2023, 06:13 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]He does it too much and also dallies with the ball, often clearing at the last moment. Having said that, his distribution is excellent and bar those two near post goals recently, has made a lot of very good stops.

In my opinion, him going into time wasting mode led to a loss of focus and concentration which resulted in those 2 piss weak charlton goals. That and Charlton fans lobbing stuff at him because of it too.

After him going down after being nudged by the Charlton player - deserved some stick.

Not Pompey behaviour.