TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Raggetino
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Great article by Jordan Cross in the snooze.
I'm on his side and on Raggetts.
I think is biggest problem was that he replaced one of our best centre halfs in years and then was replaced by another. 

Or he is just here at a time when on line followers (NOT fans) like to slag off everything Pompey.
He has some very good qualities, especially when he is partnered by another capable centre half. Shockers is more than capable and Raggett just has to think about his own job, which he does very well.

Your point about his predecessor and his successor is a very good one but Raggett should be judged on his own merits.

We’re very lucky to have such a capable backup. In fact we’re lucky to have capable backup players all over the pitch.
TBH I think it’s the media/ local press making more about him than anything else. I don’t think there’s many people that don’t like Raggett, OK he’s not the greatest footballer at the club but the guy is a 100% team player and has earned us lots more points than he’s lost.
He runs like a duck, gets caught ball following, is cack at zonal marketing and shits himself if he's in possession within 6 yards of the opposition.

But other than that he's fucking Maldini.
so give him the job of winning all headers into our box, seems a good plan to get players to play to their strength
(05-12-2023, 10:47 PM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]He runs like a duck, gets caught ball following, is cack at zonal marketing and shits himself if he's in possession within 6 yards of the opposition.

He runs like a duck……..

Other than that, looking at his recent three performances, you’re fucking wrong.
He's one of those players who needs games and a bit of confidence.

That goal will do him the world of good.

Physicality is also one of the things we lack at times and Ragu provides this.

Also a goal threat!
It’s the same cretins who slagged off Michael Smith when he was here, clueless the lot of them.

You only have to listen to some of the comments when you’re at Fratton Park to know that an alarming number of Pompey fans know sweet fa about football.

Sean Raggett is a really good player and anyone who doesn’t think so really doesn’t know football.

It’s like the Sunday League players who turn up with all the latest gear, the trendy hairstyles and then homosexual around the pitch taking mental selfies of themselves even though they are fucking useless.

Football is about substance at League 1 level,  not just style, and Raggett will do just fine for me.
(06-12-2023, 09:14 AM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]It’s the same cretins who slagged off Michael Smith when he was here, clueless the lot of them.

You only have to listen to some of the comments when you’re at Fratton Park to know that an alarming number of Pompey fans know sweet fa about football.

Sean Raggett is a really good player and anyone who doesn’t think so really doesn’t know football.

It’s like the Sunday League players who turn up with all the latest gear, the trendy hairstyles and then homosexual around the pitch taking mental selfies of themselves even though they are fucking useless.

Football is about substance at League 1 level,  not just style, and Raggett will do just fine for me.

Totally agree. You don't get to play 213 games, play for 3 managers, and got a supporters' player of the season, by being crap. Not bad considering he was also a free signing.

Defenders make mistakes and it's easy and lazy to single out Raggett.  It's going to have to be a phenomenal (and expensive) signing in January to get any better.
(05-12-2023, 06:34 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]He has some very good qualities, especially when he is partnered by another capable centre half. Shockers is more than capable and Raggett just has to think about his own job, which he does very well.

Your point about his predecessor and his successor is a very good one but Raggett should be judged on his own merits.

We’re very lucky to have such a capable backup. In fact we’re lucky to have capable backup players all over the pitch.

Exactly, Raggs needs someone of equal ability that also brings different qualities.  
They've both looked solid the last couple of games, and the fact he's short of match fitness improvement is expected.

Big test coming up though, but not the end of the world. Let's support what we have.
Onside with that Hammie, YES he is capable of a foul up, BUT as I have said before, watch Match of the Day now and then, and witness the same mistakes by International Superstars !
I don't have anything mush to add to this thread, except I agree with most.  I like Rags Big Grin
The insults aimed in my direction are appalling in quality. This is Pompey FFS, I expect better (worse).

Why does Morell bollock him on the pitch? 

It was constant during the Blackpool game.

Does he know anything about football?
There’s no need for insults, S. Your opinion is just as valid as anyone else’s on here. The fact that you put it so forcefully is bound to result in a strong opposing view. I welcome a strong debate because I don’t want everyone to agree with everything I say. It would be boring as fuck if we all thought the same. What would be the point of a forum?

Of course, you’re opinion is totally wrong.

As to Morrell and his conversations with Raggett, I haven’t noticed that. If Joe would like to point out Raggetts failings in the Blackpool game, I’d be quite happy to discuss his own shortcomings in that particular match!!!

Deebo

I like the bloke. Good old school blood and thunder centre half. Not sure getting him standing 10 yards to the right of the keeper only to give it straight back to him to piss around with is his game but he copes. The rest he’s asked to do he does bloody well.
It is probably worse for him because he looks and sometimes moves in such an ungainly fashion that when it does go a bit wrong, he looks like a drunken giraffe in high heels. The reality is that he's a serviceable league one defender. He was linked with league 2 sides in the summer which would be a waste of him I think.
Mousinho was a defender. He gave Raggs permission to talk to Gillingham.

But what does he know?
(05-12-2023, 10:47 PM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]He runs like a duck, gets caught ball following, is cack at zonal marketing and shits himself if he's in possession within 6 yards of the opposition.

What is zonal marketing?
I think he meant Marking Wink
I wouldn't know how to do zonal marketing either to be fair.

Deebo

(06-12-2023, 01:43 PM)stayinupforever Wrote: [ -> ]

What is zonal marketing?

The lady who sells the Big Issue outside of the Co-Op does that. Never shifted from the same spot for about ten years and makes it very difficult to get past her. We usually end up with half a dozen copies between us every month.
He’s great in the air, he’s every f**king where,
He runs like a duck, he couldn’t give a f**k,
Sean Raggett, Sean Raggett
Old Raggers seems to divide opinion more than any other current Pompey player.

For me, he's a solid enough League 1 centre back who gives a 100%, which in previous seasons has been sufficient to get him into the starting 11. 

This season he's had to bide his time, but now he's in the Team we need to give him our full support because, quite frankly, we ain't got any better options right now!
Model professional
as far as judging a player on whether Morrell shouts at them, seems a bit pointless as Morrell likes to shout or kick anything that moves
Same as judging Kamara on hoe much Sparkes shouts at him as compared to Ogilvie.
If we are going to judge on shouting then Steve Evans must be the best manager in the EFL.
Pages: 1 2