TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Abu Kamara
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Apparently attracting interest from Brentford and Freiburg. 

Could be hard to hang on to him in January.
if he's got any sense he will see out the season where he is playing than go off to disappear into the stiffs until the end of his contract when he finds himself in league 2 having not played in 3years.

Deebo

He’s a long way to go to be Prem standard. Freiburg on the other hand I haven’t got a clue about.
Most improved player over the course of the season IMO. Really noticed his absence on the left when Martin came into the team.

Struggles with his confidence it seems.
(07-12-2023, 09:35 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]if he's got any sense he will see out the season where he is playing than go off to disappear into the stiffs until the end of his contract when he finds himself in league 2 having not played in 3years.

Sadly, that happens all too often to our loanees. 

Kamara is ok-ish. Needs a bit more consistency. 

I’d far sooner see Kamara play than Martin, who looks like a bit part from Watership Down.
My Canary mate reckons Norwich have plans for him and are unlikely to be tempted to cash in, so hopefully he will see out his loan contract with us.
Find it quite surprising to be honest.

Only a month or so back he was playing really poorly.

His form is much improved and he is still young - but he's nowhere near the finished article.

Miles from Prem level currently.

He'd be wise to continue getting experience and learning with us.
Re SC Freiburg:

I have three nephews who support Mainz 05 for their sins so I follow their matches and have seen Freiburg a few times in recent years - they're a mid table Bundesliga outfit and they're in West Ham's group in the Europa League (playing them next week so will probably be on telly if you want to check them out).
I guess there's a connection between Norwich and the Bundesliga as they've had a couple of German managers and a few German players in recent years, so there may be something in the rumour.
(08-12-2023, 02:14 PM)Wanderlust Wrote: [ -> ]Re SC Freiburg:

I have three nephews who support Mainz 05 for their sins so I follow their matches and have seen Freiburg a few times in recent years - they're a mid table Bundesliga outfit and they're in West Ham's group in the Europa League (playing them next week so will probably be on telly if you want to check them out).
I guess there's a connection between Norwich and the Bundesliga as they've had a couple of German managers and a few German players in recent years, so there may be something in the rumour.

good info
Perhaps that will b his loan move next season?
At this moment in time, if we lost him, we would miss him. If there is a risk in Jan, full confidence in Hughes to source a replacement
The January window has been our bane for how many years now? Please not again
The closer we get to the window and with performances like today. I would be very surprised if come the end of January he's still here.

And he will leave a big hole in our team, if he does leave.....
(16-12-2023, 05:10 PM)essentialmix75 Wrote: [ -> ]The closer we get to the window and with performances like today. I would be very surprised if come the end of January he's still here.

And he will leave a big hole in our team, if he does leave.....

He's not good enough for the championship yet.

I'm convinced he and Robertson will be here come February. 

Why disrupt their development?
Unless someone actually bids for him in January he's our loan until the end of season - same as Robertson and Anjorin.
I think Robertson will be, but with Norwich pushing for the promise land, 4 points off the playoff. He is doing enough too show he could offer a goal threat.

If not I feel Norwich will have a few offers from other clubs, higher up the league pyramid. This is the problem with going down the loan route!.
(16-12-2023, 05:17 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Unless someone actually bids for him in January he's our loan until the end of season - same as Robertson and Anjorin.

I was of the understanding all season long loans have a recall option in January.
(08-12-2023, 11:42 PM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: [ -> ]The January window has been our bane for how many years now? Please not again

Why would any of them want to leave?
(16-12-2023, 05:28 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-12-2023, 11:42 PM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: [ -> ]The January window has been our bane for how many years now? Please not again

Why would any of them want to leave?

The players may not want to, but clubs own their contracts and have the final say....
If he does move, that will be very sad indeed, hopefully he is left here to enjoy a successful season, and most players only get a handful of those in a career.
But at least we have our first pick wingers coming into the reckoning once more after injury and what sounds like family problems.

Incidentally, I think he does better in front of either of the older heads Rafferty/Ogilvie
Unless he is literally going to be a regular starter at Norwich, I see no upside for the player in Norwich recalling him. He's getting very good experience here and is settled. Having to go back and sit on the bench regularly won't help him at all.

For Robertson there's even less reason to go back in January. He would only get loaned out again and there's no need to disrupt his first proper season as a regular starter in senior football with any team so I would see absolutely no point in disrupting that. This kind of experience is priceless for a young player.