TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: The greatest threat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think this season is the season we finally get out of this f*cking league. Hopefully as league winners because that's our way, we win things unlike them c*nts down the road.

But who do you think will join us in the top two, and who will make the playoffs?.

I'm going for.

Us
Derby County
Bolton Wanderers
Peterborough United
Barnsley
Blackpool
Can’t see anything wrong with this league.

When you look at us and few of those teams on your list, you realise the quality that is down here.

I’d broadly agree with your choice.
A lot depends if we can recruit well in January, replacing Poole for the rest of the season as we need a new quality centre back to partner conor shaughnessy. We also require a quality striker as the backup strikers to Bishop aren't good enough replacements.

Also depends if we can keep Robertson for the rest of the season, and if we can't can we replace him adequately? If we can keep him, and he goes with Australia to the Asia Cup for a month, we can get by for a month.

In short, the club need to spend in January and get as much quality as possible to cover injuries, suspensions etc next year. This is our opportunity to finally get out this league and we can't waste it.

At the moment, I think it will finish like this:

1) Bolton
2) Derby
3) Pompey
4) Peterborough 
5) Barnsley
6) Blackpool

Its up to the owners to prove me wrong, and ensure we finish top 2.
(09-12-2023, 06:22 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Can’t see anything wrong with this league.

When you look at us and few of those teams on your list, you realise the quality that is down here.

I’d broadly agree with your choice.

There is a league within a league....  A bit like the Premiership you know who the top 6 will be but it's a case of what order!.
(09-12-2023, 06:24 PM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: [ -> ]A lot depends if we can recruit well in January, replacing Poole for the rest of the season as we need a new quality centre back to partner conor shaughnessy. We also require a quality striker as the backup strikers to Bishop aren't good enough replacements.

Also depends if we can keep Robertson for the rest of the season, and if we can't can we replace him adequately? If we can keep him, and he goes with Australia to the Asia Cup for a month, we can get by for a month.

In short, the club need to spend in January and get as much quality as possible to cover injuries, suspensions etc next year. This is our opportunity to finally get out this league and we can't waste it.

1) Bolton
2) Derby
3) Pompey
4) Peterborough 
5) Barnsley
6) Blackpool

I think Raggett and Shaughnessy if they both stay fit are good enough to get us up... And Robertson is no better then Jo Morrell.... They are both class, and without doubt if they are both in the team, all the better.

But if we do strengthen in Jan we are in a stronger position for the top spot!.

Shaughnessy for me has been the best signing of the summer...
(09-12-2023, 06:37 PM)essentialmix75 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-12-2023, 06:24 PM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: [ -> ]A lot depends if we can recruit well in January, replacing Poole for the rest of the season as we need a new quality centre back to partner conor shaughnessy. We also require a quality striker as the backup strikers to Bishop aren't good enough replacements.

1) Bolton
2) Derby
3) Pompey
4) Peterborough 
5) Barnsley
6) Blackpool

I think Raggett and Shaughnessy if they both stay fit are good enough to get us up... And Robertson is no better then Jo Morrell.... They are both class, and without doubt if they are both in the team, all the better.

Robertson no better than Morrell?  Big Grin
(09-12-2023, 06:38 PM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

1) Bolton
2) Derby
3) Pompey
4) Peterborough 
5) Barnsley
6) Blackpool

Are you playing FIFA.... And not watching the games?....
(09-12-2023, 06:42 PM)essentialmix75 Wrote: [ -> ]

1) Bolton
2) Derby
3) Pompey
4) Peterborough 
5) Barnsley
6) Blackpool

There are very few Pompey fans who would agree that Morrell is as good as Robertson. 

Morrell simply doesn't have the influence on games that Robertson does.

Anyway, we are going off topic.
Bolton Monday night I would be surprised if Morell and Pack didn't start in the Middle, with Robertson playing as the number 10!.

And the one player I would be gutted to see leave in the summer would be Morell (I love his passion).

If he does leave he is one of the players unless he went to scum, I would give him a warm welcome if he played against us!.

And there is very few players that fall into that group.
Pompey love doing Dry January so I can see us sitting in third or fourth come February and having to put a chase on.
There is something special about this season..... Apart from the Blackpool game we have looked a cut above the rest.

Have some faith!. And lets make some room in that trophy cabinet for a nice new addition!.
It would be lovely to be promoted, usually as champions. but this is a good competitive league full of good clubs, and even more so, good fans.
The prem clubs and many of their fans could learn a lot from the likes of Accrington
I’m surprised no one has mentioned Stevenage. They are third currently and rightly so on merit. Yes I know they’ve played a game more, but they are this seasons surprise package. Steve Evans is a good and experienced manager at this level. They recruited well and of course we know a few of their players well. Rule them out at your peril.
(09-12-2023, 06:42 PM)essentialmix75 Wrote: [ -> ]

1) Bolton
2) Derby
3) Pompey
4) Peterborough 
5) Barnsley
6) Blackpool

It’s FC24 now. FIFA is old hat
(09-12-2023, 06:51 PM)essentialmix75 Wrote: [ -> ]Bolton Monday night I would be surprised if Morell and Pack didn't start in the Middle, with Robertson playing as the number 10!.

And the one player I would be gutted to see leave in the summer would be Morell (I love his passion).

If he does leave he is one of the players unless he went to scum, I would give him a warm welcome if he played against us!.

The coont is no good to anyone if he keeps getting suspended
The talk has been of this being a weaker league this season and I still think it is a bit at the sharp end at least. Ipswich, Plymouth and Sheff Wed were so strong last year. I do think though it is still a strongish league overall from top to bottom with even Cheltenham getting their act together a bit.

The main threat to us getting autos are Derby and Bolton who are both on very strong runs of form. The rest of the contenders have their qualities but are too inconsistent. Once we start getting our injured players back we should still get it done I feel.
(10-12-2023, 08:56 AM)farq2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-12-2023, 06:51 PM)essentialmix75 Wrote: [ -> ]Bolton Monday night I would be surprised if Morell and Pack didn't start in the Middle, with Robertson playing as the number 10!.

The coont is no good to anyone if he keeps getting suspended

If he plays, how long will it take Bolton to get him sent off. All the better teams seem to know how to do it. Stick with Yengi and Saydee. I can't believe that Bolton have worked out how to deal with them yet.
Yengi looked good against Northampton, far better then Bishop. I know it's only one game but for me without his goals from the spot his scoring record is not anything to write home about.

Yengi looked a real threat from open play and also unlike Bishop gives you the over the top option.

I hope he takes this run in the team with both hands, and Bishop finds himself warming the bench for a bit, when he comes back.
(10-12-2023, 01:57 PM)essentialmix75 Wrote: [ -> ]Yengi looked good against Northampton, far better then Bishop. I know it's only one game but for me without his goals from the spot his scoring record is not anything to write home about.

Yengi looked a real threat from open play and also unlike Bishop gives you the over the top option.

I hope he takes this run in the team with both hands, and Bishop finds himself warming the bench for a bit, when he comes back.

I’m not sure ‘better’ is the right word but your point about the penalties is an interesting one. 

How many goals has Bishop scored that another striker couldn’t have? Given all the chances that we’ve created, could another striker have scored more?

The chances created are the important figure for me. We just need someone/anyone to convert them.
Alfie May
15 4 from the spot

Jordan Rhodes
13 3 from the spot

Jamie Reid
13 2 from the spot

Devante Cole
12 0 from the spot

Sam Hoskins
12 1 from the spot

Colby Bishop
11 4 from the spot