TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: What a reply to the Blackpool debacle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
4 games 
4 wins
for 10
against 0
I'm still struggling with the shame of leaving the Blackpool game 20 mins early....
(16-12-2023, 05:27 PM)kindofblue Wrote: [ -> ]I'm still struggling with the shame of leaving the Blackpool game 20 mins early....

You certainly missed what I think was a turning point in the relationship between this team and its fans.
Magnificent response. Even before the Chesterfield game and the injury to Poole, we hadn't been all that convincing for a while really. Then once Poole got injured we had a bit if a mini identity crisis and couldn't control games as well as we should have done leading to the Blackpool nightmare. From half time against Burton we have been absolutely excellent and really clicked up front. Pack coming back from injury has been crucial too. We've looked so much more cohesive with him back.
We are having a fantastic season but I still think this squad has nowhere near reached its potential. The best is still to come.
(16-12-2023, 05:45 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(16-12-2023, 05:27 PM)kindofblue Wrote: [ -> ]I'm still struggling with the shame of leaving the Blackpool game 20 mins early....

You certainly missed what I think was a turning point in the relationship between this team and its fans.
Absolutely right. To get applauded off the pitch after losing 0-4 showed that as long as they work hard for each other, we'll support them.
(16-12-2023, 06:09 PM)Smirnoffexpress Wrote: [ -> ]We are having a fantastic season but I still think this squad has nowhere near reached its potential. The best is still to come.

That is a very good point as well. We've been to for most of the season and still probably haven't reached are absolute best barring a few notable exceptions.
Talking Pack, possibly he is playing better for having had the chance to watch the team for a few weeks. He is turning into one of the captains that we will talk about for years to come.
(16-12-2023, 07:50 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Talking Pack, possibly he is playing better for having had the chance to watch the team for a few weeks. He is turning into one of the captains that we will talk about for years to come.
Spot on, first really good skipper we've had for several years.
Pack has been nothing short of brilliant since he’s come back
Blackpool's response to that game has been a fair bit less impressive than ours. They've got 3 points out of a possible 9. It goes to show that the big top of the table clashes are all well and good and great to win, but it is the games against the likes of Burton, Northampton, Shrewsbury etc that define a promotion season really.
The day Blackpool beat us Bolton improved their goal difference compared to ours by 11 goals.  Three games later and the swing has been 13 goals to us, a quite remarkable turnaround and our goal difference is now equal top in the division.
It’s fantastic ain’t it, Deep? 11 goals seemed quite a challenge but…….