TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: 104 Points
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Getting greedy now. 
Record points total in League One is 103 - Wolves 2013/14. 
Our current points per game is 2.286 which if carried through the season would give us 105. I will let us drop an extra point in the 2nd half and settle for breaking the record with 104. Think that might just get us up!
What’s wrong with three points a game?
Are we safe from going down....?
I was told we need 2 more points to avoid relegation.
No reason why we can't achieve that... sky's the limit. 

However, expectation should just be to keep improving performances and back the players so we don't have a wobble. 

We could have easily gone on a bad run following Blackpool but because the players, coaches and fans are fucking incredible, we have used a negative as a springboard to smashing teams.

Our secret weapon is that the pressure is OFF being top. Unlike most teams, our team knows we back them unconditionally now, because they have done so much already to prove their worth. For us, being top is not a position of pressure, it is a symptom of how fucking good we are. And how much we (fans and players) are enjoying each game. 

Bring on the next game. Can't fooking wait!
Yep, it’s not being arrogant, it’s just a reflection of the ability of this team right now. We are the best team I’ve seen this season so far. One day we’ll be shit and someone else will be top of whatever league we’re in.

Good luck to them when they are but, right now, it’s us.
(18-12-2023, 08:03 PM)BilltheCat Wrote: [ -> ]I was told we need 2 more points to avoid relegation.

Last season MK Dons went down in 21st place with 45 points so maybe we are already safe. Does anyone remember the 94/95 season when Millwall were top at Christmas and then by beating Huddersfield away and them losing at Ipswich we stayed up by the skin of our teeth and sent them down? I went absolutely mental when the results came through anyway, Deon Burton get in
I know we're all buzzing from this fantastic run but.....

......FFS we are not even half-way through the season yet!

One game at a time please 'cos karma can be a bitch.
Karma is a load of superstitious claptrap.

Can’t see Mousinho having ‘karma’ as part of his pre match talk to the players.

Keep on doing what you’re doing, boys, and we’ll win this league.
(18-12-2023, 07:56 PM)kindofblue Wrote: [ -> ]Are we safe from going down....?

Not yet. We need 53 points before we can sit back and relax and enjoy the rest of the season.
When you look at the fixtures between now and end of Feb, we really do have a tremendous opportunity to push on and get ourselves clear of the pack.

March and April look a lot more tricky, but I reckon that by then we could have things pretty much done & dusted.

So c'mon lads, stay laser focussed, give it everything you've got these next couple of months and immortality could be yours!