TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Robertson
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is he carrying an injury? Poor against Fleetwood, and poor again today, and taken off both times
Very good on his day. No doubt.

Last 2 games been terrible though.
Suggest too many games for a youngster? maybe needs a bit of a break?
Definitely does.
Teams know him now, put two on him and dispossess him when he turns. He can still make good passes but I also feel he needs a break
It's a case of trying to get Morrell, Pack and Robertson on the pitch at the same time.

He is not a number 10 and is a far better player facing play, in the deeper roll Morrell and Pack are playing.

We have to pick 2 out of the 3 of them.

But on another note, he's still better then Saydee in that roll.

I would drop Bishop into the number 10 position with Yengi looking for the flick on

We looked far better with the two of them on the pitch at the same time.
I do think he needs a break.
I'd prefer Bishop with Yengi deeper than the other way around, would allow Yengi to use his pace and Bishop to use his ability to lay off the ball with a willing runner inside as well as on the wings.
You could be right about Robertson needing a break, but wasn’t sure if he had a knock or a virus that was impacting him.

And Yengi + Bishop looks like it could work, definitely Yengi deeper, holding up and flicking on to Bishop.
Robertson has 2 mediocre games on the trot, and Pompey get 2 poor results, we need him in the team playing well.
All goes back to wevdon't have a true No.10 in the club it appears. Bishop certainly isn't a No. 10. It'sa key role, setting up& controlling the play,including taking free kicks & corners. I'm sure JM is loking for one along with RH but they're not cheap for a good one.
Hasn't Morell played that role for Wales a couple of times?
(27-12-2023, 09:08 PM)Rocketman Wrote: [ -> ]Hasn't Morell played that role for Wales a couple of times?

Possibly but would be a square peg in a round hole as he's best breaking up play not creating it in my opinion.
(27-12-2023, 09:03 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]All goes back to wevdon't have a true No.10 in the club it appears. Bishop certainly isn't a No. 10. It'sa key role, setting up& controlling the play,including taking free kicks & corners. I'm sure JM is loking for one along with RH but they're not cheap for a good one.

What load of old cods. We’re top of the league, still.

It all goes back to you spouting a load of nonsense about something you know practically nothing about because you don’t actually watch games, do you??? Yet you come on here and spout on as though you know something. You really are a laughing stock. At least Titch/Bluearmy is on here for a windup. What’s your excuse? It’s small wonder you take him seriously.
Perhaps Robertson was disappointed not to get in the Aussie squad, and has let that affect his performance in the last couple of games. We probably all know what it's like to work your nuts off for a specific ambition and then not get the chance to achieve it.
(29-12-2023, 08:35 AM)Kingo Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps Robertson was disappointed not to get in the Aussie squad, and has let that affect his performance in the last couple of games. We probably all know what it's like to work your nuts off for a specific ambition and then not get the chance to achieve it.

That is not an acceptable reason for below-par performances. Attitudes have to be spot on when you're playing for a club like ours. I'd rather it was a case of too many mince pies than a big sulk.
I don’t in any way think it’s a sulk but it could be affecting him slightly mentally/ psychologically in ways that don’t show. There must be a certain amount of disappointment he’s feeling. Plus he is only a nipper, 20 yrs old I believe.

Deebo

Big sulk? Christ, anyone with that attitude or lack of purpose wouldn’t be worth putting in the squad let alone the first team. He’s got years in front of him for international football plus his dad played for Aus I believe and he will hopefully be keeping his feet on the ground. As for his form it’s Mous’s job to find out what’s turned him from a star player into a two-left-foot shagger almost overnight. I’m hoping for a good game from him tonight and we can stop all this speculation.
(28-12-2023, 08:23 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]
(27-12-2023, 09:03 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]All goes back to wevdon't have a true No.10 in the club it appears. Bishop certainly isn't a No. 10. It'sa key role, setting up& controlling the play,including taking free kicks & corners. I'm sure JM is loking for one along with RH but they're not cheap for a good one.

What load of old cods. We’re top of the league, still.

It all goes back to you spouting a load of nonsense about something you know practically nothing about because you don’t actually watch games, do you??? Yet you come on here and spout on as though you know something. You really are a laughing stock. At least Titch/Bluearmy is on here for a windup. What’s your excuse? It’s small wonder you take him seriously.

You're the one with the problem Cunni & suggest you bregulate your daily in take of alcohol.

I think you'll find that their comments are tongue in cheek but do point out realities that most on here blindly ignore.

Enjoy watching yet again on the superb ifollow tv coverage this evening!
He could simply need a few days at home with his family, it happens.
(26-12-2023, 06:59 PM)essentialmix75 Wrote: [ -> ]It's a case of trying to get Morrell, Pack and Robertson on the pitch at the same time.

He is not a number 10 and is a far better player facing play, in the deeper roll Morrell and Pack are playing.

We have to pick 2 out of the 3 of them.

But on another note, he's still better then Saydee in that roll.

I would drop Bishop into the number 10 position with Yengi looking for the flick on

We looked far better with the two of them on the pitch at the same time.

Unfortunately it's no coincidence that Robertsons most influential games recently have been when Morrell was suspended. Mousino made the right call bring Morrell back for Bolton but I'm pleased about the line up tonight. Hope it gets the 3 points.
Various news outlets reporting Everton’s interest in signing Robertson permanently. 

Could well explain why his performances have dropped. Heads been turned and doesn’t want to pick up an injury.
We might be missing the obvious.
Both Morrell and Pack have had enforced breaks, Robertson has played pretty much every game and has never done that before in his career.
(27-12-2023, 08:03 PM)tricky_ricky_pfc Wrote: [ -> ]You could be right about Robertson needing a break, but wasn’t sure if he had a knock or a virus that was impacting him.

And Yengi + Bishop looks like it could work, definitely Yengi deeper, holding up and flicking on to Bishop.

Welcome Mush
How is the Guvnorship going