TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Swanson
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Needs another groin op which is bad news for him. Feel sorry for the youngster as his 2nd groin op. I wonder weather this down to training or our pressing game or just bad luck?
Don’t think Swanson’s involved much in the pressing game
(27-12-2023, 08:50 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]Needs another groin op which is bad news for him. Feel sorry for the youngster as his 2nd groin op. I wonder weather this down to training or our pressing game or just bad luck?

i would imagine its down to all 3 .. that's the life of a footballer
(27-12-2023, 08:50 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]Needs another groin op which is bad news for him. Feel sorry for the youngster as his 2nd groin op. I wonder weather this down to training or our pressing game or just bad luck?

Swanson is a right back so how can the pressing game have anything to do with it ????

Why do people always try to blame someone for an injury ?  Injuries are an occupational hazard for footballers - all footballers. Some are more prone to certain types of injuries than others and will get recurrent ones in an area that becomes a weakness, but that does not make them anyone's fault. 

And if injuries were caused by training methods everyone in the squad would get them.
I tend to agree. I remember Michael Owen’s career being blighted by hamstring injuries that were just something he was prone to. The modern player is ‘fit’ to the edge of injuries (if that’s good English) whereas players from my era never got these injuries as they were not trained to that level I believe. But it is indeed very sad for Swanson and makes you wonder if his career is stalling before it’s begun. Same for Lowery?
(28-12-2023, 10:48 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

Swanson is a right back so how can the pressing game have anything to do with it ????

Why do people always try to blame someone for an injury ?  Injuries are an occupational hazard for footballers - all footballers. Some are more prone to certain types of injuries than others and will get recurrent ones in an area that becomes a weakness, but that does not make them anyone's fault. 

And if injuries were caused by training methods everyone in the squad would get them.

Spot on people are always searching for someone to blame
Especially Mikey
I agree that the modern training and fast game must have an impact
Clearly athletic shaped players such as Anderton and now Kamara are probably going to suffer more from injuries over the years, than the old style compact full backs who used to just keep on keeping on. Similarly players with explosive pace tend to rupture things.
I recall old timers such as Fred Truman being very annoyed when the scientific athletes started telling them to change their training to be more like Olympic athletes. Fred for one, just used to play loads of games and keep fit that way. Modern fast bowlers are injued more than they play!
(28-12-2023, 01:48 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Especially Mikey

Thanks Bluetag. I was just putting out there for discussion on a slow news day.

No need for people to jump down my throat!
Cheers, but we don't need you to prompt discussion especially as you word it as a fact. It's always the same with you though isn't it? It's either the pitch,the way the players are trained/coached or its the medical teams fault. You always try and place blame with the club. Try having a half full glass sometime instead of your usual half empty one, and for goodness sake stop agreeing with Titchfieldscummer, it's embarrassing.
Thanks for the lecture Bluetag. I just want the best for the club & I don't agree with all of his posts but he does make some valid points.

Too many on here have their heads buried in the sand.

His points about buying the new squad on the cheap are pretty valid.

RH has done a brilliant job in recruitment on most probably a shoestring budget with Poole being the real gem.

A lot on here questioned JMs Chesterfield team selection fielding our strongest line up instead of resting key players.

But I suspect the carrot was that he was told any cup run money can go into your transfer war chest just like KJ.

We'll now see if they're prepared to invest in the January window.
It wasn’t a lecture think of it as a helpline in helping you and your other boring coont of a scummer mate to stop your suicidal anti Pompey thoughts.
Mikey how does your persistent bollocks help matters? Shoulders back FFS
We need some balance of opinion on here.

Let's all calm down & hope for a win against Stevenage & a good transfer window.

Some good loan signings would be great!
Let's all calm down? Yours is the pissiest sheet on here! All whilst not having seen with your own eyes what you're talking about. Do you read what you write?
(30-12-2023, 06:48 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]We need some balance of opinion on here.

Let's all calm down & hope for a win against Stevenage & a good transfer window.

We've already got two good loan signings - we don't need any more loans you poor tool. 

A couple of quality permanents will be enough.
With players out injured, loans seem an ideal solution, even better, with the option to buy if they are at the level we end up needing for next season.
One or two permanents but only if they are players who we want for the long term.
Make our mind up about Stephenson and Hume too.
If we are never going to play either than we might as well loan or sell.
Shame about Stephenson, he could be useful and allow Morrell to play forward a bit if needed but he seems to have upset the manager
Stephenson, Hammie? What about Richardson and Sansom?
(30-12-2023, 06:52 PM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]Let's all calm down? Yours is the pissiest sheet on here! All whilst not having seen with your own eyes what you're talking about. Do you read what you write?

Of course Not !
(30-12-2023, 09:22 PM)exterminator Wrote: [ -> ]
(30-12-2023, 06:48 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]We need some balance of opinion on here.

We've already got two good loan signings - we don't need any more loans you poor tool. 

Yes they would if available & the owners prepared to come up with some Dosh. You're the one with problem Not me!
(31-12-2023, 03:42 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes they would if available & the owners prepared to come up with some Dosh. You're the one with problem Not me!

You haven't a clue (nor has any PFC fan) what fees have been paid or are received as they are never made public. 

I'm sure if the right player(s) become available at market rate dosh will be made available by Tornante.

I haven't got a problem with you - it is just that you spout utter sh!t & very rarely attend live matches.
(31-12-2023, 04:18 PM)exterminator Wrote: [ -> ]
(31-12-2023, 03:42 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]

You haven't a clue (nor has any PFC fan) what fees have been paid or are received as they are never made public. 

I'm sure if the right player(s) become available at market rate dosh will be made available by Tornante.

I haven't got a problem with you - it is just that you spout utter sh!t & very rarely attend live matches.

You don't know that do you? Utter tripe?