TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Absolute rubbish
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Completely run out of ideas, pretty much all over the pitch, I have no idea what playing Whyte, Devlin brings to the team.
Merry Christmas pompey fans.

This team.is finished. Forget top 2.

Good teams don't get 2 points from fleetwood bristol and Exeter.
(29-12-2023, 09:46 PM)TheSyrup Wrote: [ -> ]Completely run out of ideas, pretty much all over the pitch, I have no idea what playing Whyte, Devlin brings to the team.

I thought Devlin played well.
(29-12-2023, 09:56 PM)HotToddy Wrote: [ -> ]
(29-12-2023, 09:46 PM)TheSyrup Wrote: [ -> ]Completely run out of ideas, pretty much all over the pitch, I have no idea what playing Whyte, Devlin brings to the team.

I would beg to differ, started well enough but faded.
The cup game seemed to destroy his confidence, probably best to just use him as a sub for a while and rebuild his self belief. 
Having said that, our slow, slow passing from the back and bad hoofing from Norris left the entire front unit looking isolated.
(29-12-2023, 10:10 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]
(29-12-2023, 09:56 PM)HotToddy Wrote: [ -> ]

I would beg to differ, started well enough but faded.
The cup game seemed to destroy his confidence, probably best to just use him as a sub for a while and rebuild his self belief. 
Having said that, our slow, slow passing from the back and bad hoofing from Norris left the entire front unit looking isolated.
Except Lane put in some decent crosses but there was no-one there to pick them up. We also completely missed Kamara on the right.
We are going to get swallowed up in the playoff places soon . We’ve run out of steam . Just don’t think we’ve got that extra edge to keep it going
(29-12-2023, 10:23 PM)Bedhamptonblue69 Wrote: [ -> ]We are going to get swallowed up in the playoff places soon . We’ve run out of steam . Just don’t think we’ve got that extra edge to keep it going

need three good reinforcements now if we want to stay in the top 2
(29-12-2023, 09:47 PM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Merry Christmas pompey fans.

I doubt you'd know what a "Merry" Christmas is!!!
I can't recall very many merry Christmases as a Pompey fan.
Boxing days seem to have been persistently cold and boring, usually with an early kick off, a long drive and no goals.
I'm not sure who these people were in a pompey shirt tonight but they aren't the same people who smashed Bolton Barnsley and Peterborough.

Bunch of wet lettuces out there this evening. Fooking shadows of men.

Exeter were fooking gash and we had nothing.
Just a word of credit to Exeter and their fans. Their team were set up tight but always looked positive with some pacy wingers and their fans sung from beginning to end while we watched mostly quietly dumbfounded. They have smartened up the ground and created a great atmosphere. Lovely club.
(30-12-2023, 09:01 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]Just a word of credit to Exeter and their fans. Their team were set up tight but always looked positive with some pacy wingers and their fans sung from beginning to end while we watched mostly quietly dumbfounded. They have smartened up the ground and created a great atmosphere. Lovely club.

Dumbfounded?

Speak for yourself  Big Grin .
(29-12-2023, 09:47 PM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Merry Christmas pompey fans.

At least you don't have to travel from South Africa for matches any more.
(30-12-2023, 09:24 AM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]
(30-12-2023, 09:01 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]Just a word of credit to Exeter and their fans. Their team were set up tight but always looked positive with some pacy wingers and their fans sung from beginning to end while we watched mostly quietly dumbfounded. They have smartened up the ground and created a great atmosphere. Lovely club.

Dumbfounded?

Speak for yourself  Big Grin .

Well I couldn't say much cos I was standing in the away end but looking at our end, it looked like a morgue for most of tne second half.
Heard some good songs....
Feed the Janner (anyone from Plymouth),
Let them know it's Christmas time....
I suppose on the bright side... We have a very poor record of winning at Exeter. We did not lose and probably should have done.
Hopefully the players can be bothered to put in a shift against Stevenage. Although if they do, that asks a whole load of questions about attitude against "lesser" clubs.
Good point Hammie although Gilles must consider Stevenage as minnows. Got a lot of our ex players too. Gonna be a fight, hope as you say we’re up for a scrap. I reckon we need Morrell back in, Robertson again was poor last night. Needs a rest imo
Unfortunate that Stevenage got the day off yesterday. Hey ho. We are top with 50 pts…could be worse.
Not even peps team can win every game, we haven't played well but then again have not lost to silly goals like we ususually do, at christmas , we need to beat the combustable steve evans team on NYD, which will be a challenge considering how many ex players are in their team.reset and go again
at least Evans' presence will get our fans going, just hope Morrell does not respond with the red mist