TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Team Today/Match thread - Stevenage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Very wet and windy for the game today so could be entertaining. Hope the game doesn't get abandoned as we need to start winning again.
Where can I listen live?
(01-01-2024, 09:29 AM)stayinupforever Wrote: [ -> ]Very wet and windy for the game today so could be entertaining. Hope the game doesn't get abandoned as we need to start winning again.

Surely it's not bad enough for the game to be called off?

I'm currently in Johannesburg but looking at the weather reports online it doesn't look too bad?

We won't win today anyway.
Seems light rain breezy til end of game. All ok til the walk home when it’s unpleasant… if forecasts can be relied upon!
BBC Radio Solent
Anything other than 3 points from todays game and it’s pretty near certain Pompey will be off top spot by 5.00 pm. Here’s hoping.
(01-01-2024, 10:22 AM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-01-2024, 09:29 AM)stayinupforever Wrote: [ -> ]Very wet and windy for the game today so could be entertaining. Hope the game doesn't get abandoned as we need to start winning again.

I'm currently in Johannesburg but looking at the weather reports online it doesn't look too bad?

We!!!!!!
Can't go today but am pulling out the stops to get us a win. I've got bets on all the outcomes we don't want and have ditched the Pompey top my wife got me for Xmas that I've been wearing for the last week.
double spot rain for hours from about kick off.
What's the betting they still put the sprinklers on to make sure our players all slip up all over the place.
Drop Whyte and Devlin replace with Morrell  and Kamara. Maybe drop Robertson who has lost all form lately but i dont think we have anyone to replace him, possiby Scully but i havent been impressed with him up to now. A good number 10 is definitely needed in this window.
The problem with this team is we don't have many goalscorers.

Derby, Bolton Peterborough have lots of players who score goals. Like the promoted teams last season. 

For some reason we don't share the goals between the players. You have to look at recruitment.

The defence is also an issue.

I don't think we are beating stevenage whatever team we put out.
How many windows in a row that we've gone into desperately after a good number 10?
Have to agree with Titchfield here. Defensively there is a massive issue on improving the best defence in the league.
(01-01-2024, 01:06 PM)simonfkwit Wrote: [ -> ]Have to agree with Titchfield here.  Defensively there is a massive issue on improving the best defence in the league.

Hopefully with Edmondson and Ogilvie we will look stronger.

With Poole and Ogilvie out, and raggett and sparkes playing  we look very shaky.
My money is on Abu to slip over first
That goals against column makes depressing reading doesn’t it! Particularly as 4 came in one crazy game.
(01-01-2024, 01:29 PM)FiftyYearsOn Wrote: [ -> ]That goals against column makes depressing reading doesn’t it! Particularly as 4 came in one crazy game.

Robertson is still a young player.Was our best performer during the run of 5 wins on the bounce.Will come good again.Nothing much needs changing ,in my opinion.All teams have a dip in form even the great ones.
We need Ogilvie back asap.
Defensively we are clearly good enough.
We need to get bodies forward quickly and into the box, make them tackle us and get shots away. If we get corners we will score, unlike so many previous seasons.
And if we do get free kicks put the ball into the business area (note to Morrell!)

Pretty much our strongest first team out decent bench but they need to be making a difference when they come on. I would not have Martin on there though, we have lots of others who can do his job on that bench. If Morrell or Pack have to be subbed or get a red, there is not much cover for them other than dropping Robertson back
Whether the sprinklers are used should be discussed with the ref, given the forecast they should all be off all over the country today.
Norris
Rafferty, Raggett, Shaughnessy, Sparkes
Morrell, Pack
Kamara, Robertson, Lane
Bishop

Subs
Schofield, Towler, Stevenson, Saydee, Scully, Whyte, Devlin
Yengi gone to the Asian cup already?
Cashed out my bet on Pompey to win the League today but kept my bet to finish top 2. Just losing a bit of faith in John and the team to get the results required but I hope I’m wrong
(01-01-2024, 10:22 AM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

And there, if we didn't already know it, is the confirmation that the Tit is BA
Let´s have a good 2024
Pages: 1 2 3