TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Bookies Favourites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just read who the bookies favourites are for the managers job - all apart from maybe Ryan Lowe are a joke. The best one at 20-1 was Gary Monk - with James Beattie as his assistant ?????
Bowyer favourite, Harry 20/1
Pep is 1000-1
One things for sure, whoever we get someone will be very happy and some one else will hate the appointment.
At least its our turn to play an important game just after a manager has left maybe we can turn over Peterbrough as the players relax and get an early goal a la Northampton etc.
(14-03-2021, 01:20 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]One things for sure, whoever we get someone will be very happy and some one else will hate the appointment.
At least its our turn to play an important game just after a manager has left maybe we can turn over Peterbrough as the players relax and get an early goal a la Northampton etc.

Indeed. No chance of making everyone happy but I hope for some charisma. Not too late to save the season.
O'driscol is in our academy, he would seem a logical caretaker and I seem tor recall his teams play decent football too.
Where is Gary O'Neil now Bournemouth?
Mark Hughes on BBC now not been mentioned
(14-03-2021, 01:48 PM)stayinupforever Wrote: [ -> ]Mark Hughes on BBC now not been mentioned

Good
Neil Harris plus Ben Thompson? Or Darren Moore cos he's not going to last long at Sheff Wed the way that's going. 5 losses in a row (don't know how many since he arrived).
I really don't understand this Dareen Moore thing, I'd much prefer Mark Hughes out of the two
Darren moore plays entertaining, attacking football on a tiny budget. That's why I rate him.

There are a lot of duffers on that news list of candidates. Would absolutely hate to have the Cowley's here: Jackettball mark II.

Wilder is easily the best manager on that list but I think it would be a minor miracle if we landed him.

More attainable would be Hasselbaink, who's doing very well at Burton but doesnt come with too much on his managerial CV.

Bowyer did well at Charlton and knows what it takes in the playoffs. Has had a season (albeit unsuccessful) in a championship relegation battle too. Could be a good fit for the next 2 years.
Got to be someone in just for the rest of the season, then get the right manager in as soon as the season finishes.
Someone with charisma, good man-manager, bring a smile to everyone's faces (well, almost everyone), a brown envelope once a week until end of May. Come back Harry, all is forgiven ??✨
Can you imagine Harry's first game - he'll put on every player he doesn't rate, then go to the board and say I can't do anything with this lot, I need £10mil, minimum.
No he won't because he'd only be there until end of May, and he can't buy players. Duh...
(14-03-2021, 04:15 PM)Tufnell_Chimes Wrote: [ -> ]Can you imagine Harry's first game - he'll put on every player he doesn't rate, then go to the board and say I can't do anything with this lot, I need £10mil, minimum.
 The £10M will just about pay Arry's salary Netto with Jamie as 1 day a wk consultant!
Don't be forgetting Rosie's cut.
(14-03-2021, 04:00 PM)Rocketman Wrote: [ -> ]Got to be someone in just for the rest of the season, then get the right manager in as soon as the season finishes.
Someone with charisma, good man-manager, bring a smile to everyone's faces (well, almost everyone), a brown envelope once a week until end of May. Come back Harry, all is forgiven ??✨

I would have Harry back in a heart-beat. Best motivator in living memory.
(14-03-2021, 05:30 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]
(14-03-2021, 04:00 PM)Rocketman Wrote: [ -> ]Got to be someone in just for the rest of the season, then get the right manager in as soon as the season finishes.

I would have Harry back in a heart-beat. Best motivator in living memory.

Yup, by a country mile.
Harry's too busy being a tv tart
This is what Daniel Stendel said when he left Hearts. Appointed Dec 2019, lost first 5 games, then went on decent run including beating Rangers twice - season stopped because of Covid 19, offered to forefit salary, Hearts relegated on ppg basis, really sad to let him go but no choice.

"For the future, I see myself at a club that is enthusiastic, has fan potential and sports ambitions. There are enough of these in Germany too, but I remain open to everything"

Seems would be a great fit for PFC !!!
Wasn’t it Rommel that said, give me German Generals, American supplies and the British Tommy and I will conquer the world! We already have (limited lol) American supplies and the British Tommy, bring on the German General.

Today Portsea Island, tomorrow the world.
I'd rather be non-league than have harry back at Pompey. I can hear it now:

"Before I arrived, pompey were in such a mess. I came in again and fixed it for 'em. I'm great, I am."

No thank you.
(14-03-2021, 08:13 PM)Smirnoffexpress Wrote: [ -> ]Wasn’t it Rommel that said, give me German Generals, American supplies and the British Tommy and I will conquer the world! We already have (limited lol) American supplies and the British Tommy, bring on the German General.

I think it was Guds.
(14-03-2021, 09:57 PM)oi oi saveloy Wrote: [ -> ]
(14-03-2021, 08:13 PM)Smirnoffexpress Wrote: [ -> ]Wasn’t it Rommel that said, give me German Generals, American supplies and the British Tommy and I will conquer the world! We already have (limited lol) American supplies and the British Tommy, bring on the German General.

I think it was Guds.

Apparently Harry is definitely not coming. There were provisional talks, but when he heard what was expected he stormed out.

Allegedly, he was told, "We are pretty low on confidence, and the atmosphere is on the floor; the football is as flat as it could get. If you come back we know what we are getting. And after last time we expect the dogs bollox".

Apparently Harry said, "No one touches my accountant". And he stormed out!!