TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Twitter Rumour - Jake Young
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It is being reported on twitter that Pompey have agreed a £300k deal with Bradford to sign striker Jake Young.

He is 6ft 1, 22 years old and has been on loan at League 2 Swindon this season. He has scored 16 goals and four assists so far. He has been L2 player of the month twice already this season and is the second highest scorer in L2 currently. 

Bradford terminated his loan at Swindon at the end of December.

This would fit the mould of Pompey signing a player for now and with a resale value in the future. What is more interersting is that he signed for Forest Green Rovers 3 years ago, when Richard Hughes was DOF. 

League Two hotshot Jake Young returns to Bradford City after club invoke recall clause and bring him back from Swindon Town (yorkshirepost.co.uk)
Fits the Pompey and RH 'brief'. Young, coachable (?), resale value.
Pretty underwhelming goal scoring record (11 goals in 75 games) until this season where 16 in 25 for Swindon is impressive.   

Hopefully a late developer if there is any truth in the rumours and it's not just people putting two and two together because of the RH connection. But a bit of a risk as he has never played outside of League 2.
Unusually pessimistic opinion from you Deep!
Presumably signed by Hughes at forest green!?
That would be about right for us.

Signing a league 2 player that the parent club wants to get rid of!

We never learn our lesson.
We've got a pretty good squad assembled under the management at the moment, so I'll feel up-beat if true.
L2 doesn't bother me, we've had few from non league that worked out. In fact, we've had some from everywhere, Yengi was a good gamble. 
He must be well thought of Paying 300k, my reservation about it being true.
Where is the rumour actually written? Can't see it.
(02-01-2024, 06:43 PM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: [ -> ]That would be about right for us.

There must be some decent young talent in Venezuela, no?
(02-01-2024, 06:43 PM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: [ -> ]That would be about right for us.

16 goals 4 assists in 25 games must be shit!

I’d like to send you something.
Are we saying that Jake Young is _not_ a fantastic player at this level?
I neither know nor care…..

Until he signs.

Can’t be done with all this speculation. I’ll wait till the important people make decisions.
I get all my information from Titchy Blue Balls and Guy's guy Mikey
I have a telescope trained on The Marriott!
(03-01-2024, 04:44 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]I have a telescope trained on The Marriott!

Who’s watching village hotel think that’s where Colby stayed!

Swindon fans wanted to keep him and are gutted he got recalled!.

I think his parent club wants to sell him with only 6 months left on his contract, or try and use him and his goals in trying too win promotion.
(03-01-2024, 05:04 PM)essentialmix75 Wrote: [ -> ]

Swindon fans wanted to keep him and are gutted he got recalled!.

I think his parent club wants to sell him with only 6 months left on his contract, or try and use him and his goals in trying too win promotion.

if we sign jake young we should try and get the number 10 that would of assisted som of those goals dan kemp also recalled from Swindon
I did say about him Yesterday!.

(02-01-2024, 05:36 PM)essentialmix75 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-01-2024, 04:26 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Shame no championship clubs wanted him though, innit. He would find out extremely quickly that if he goes on barren spells in the champ, you get the bench the next game.

Bishop is a bang average league one player, playing in one of the top teams in the league that will create more chances, then a mid to lower table team.

He is great at penalty taking and good with his head when he's coming onto the ball, he chases everything down....... But got no real pace, his hold up play is sh*t, always tries getting into a losing fight with the other teams centre half (he's not  Drogba). And during some games looks despondent added to now crying about the fans..... Raggett never does this and at times many people have been calling for his head.

If a big offer came in for him in Jan, I would sell him and try and reinvest in someone like Ali Al Hamadi (21) and looked the real deal, when he come on for Wimbledon. He also had the presents of a great player.

I would also be more then happy if the following also left.
Towler
Saydee
Schofield
Hume
Scully
Oluwayemi

And I would love to try and sign Kamara, Blackett-Taylor, Dan Kemp, Matt Macey and Ali Al Hamadi.

We have to start looking towards showing we mean business about not only winning this league, but staying up next season.
You must have been writing about him at the same time yesterday, as I see you mention his name just after I posted about him.

Much better to blow a million on another Marquis or half a million on another Harrison.
He’ll have to research that, Hammie.
Has he not already played for two clubs this season
(03-01-2024, 09:49 PM)Cowespompey Wrote: [ -> ]Has he not already played for two clubs this season

Nope. Not yet. But I think the limit is now 3 clubs per season (didn’t it get changed during Covid?).
No Jake Young fell out of favour with Hughes it seems.
It happens but has come alive at Swindon.
Would be a good investment in the mould of what we are looking for.
There are a couple of others out there that you can bet we are looking at but will we sign them this January. Maybe, maybe not!⁷
Pages: 1 2