TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Ogilvie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ogilvie for me every time. A minimum 7/10 every game. We are weaker in defence without him and Poole. Get him back asap. Then sort out the left wing and number 10 problem.
Yep Ogilvie should start nearly every game until the end of the season once properly fit (not including this one). We are so vulnerable in that position when Sparkes playes and as others have said, the assists have dried up.
Sparkes like some others has looked tired. Him on the bench adds some good options too.
Great to see Ogilvie back, though as Andy Moon said on iFollow he looked a bit lost, as if he wasn't sure which position he was playing. Should be easy to sort out, LB as soon as he's properly fit.
I watched on Fleetwood stream - commentator concluded with 'So it ends, Fleetwood nil, MK Dons one. Way to destroy 100 mins faultless commentary right at the death.
(20-01-2024, 08:42 PM)66zoolane Wrote: [ -> ]I watched on Fleetwood stream - commentator concluded with 'So it ends, Fleetwood nil, MK Dons one. Way to destroy 100 mins faultless commentary right at the death.

He probably cannot believe that a decent club would wear that bleugh kit
(20-01-2024, 08:29 PM)Rocketman Wrote: [ -> ]Great to see Ogilvie back, though as Andy Moon said on iFollow he looked a bit lost, as if he wasn't sure which position he was playing. Should be easy to sort out, LB as soon as he's properly fit.

Not sure he should have been brought on just to give him minutes. Game wasn't decided at that time and his substitution seemed out of place and tactically inapt.
(21-01-2024, 06:07 AM)HotToddy Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-01-2024, 08:29 PM)Rocketman Wrote: [ -> ]Great to see Ogilvie back, though as Andy Moon said on iFollow he looked a bit lost, as if he wasn't sure which position he was playing. Should be easy to sort out, LB as soon as he's properly fit.

Not sure he should have been brought on just to give him minutes. Game wasn't decided at that time and his substitution seemed out of place and tactically inapt.

Why tactically inept (I assume you meant that). ? 

We were hanging on to a lead so he brought on an extra defender for the last 6 minutes,  standard practice in any circumstances but even more a natural thing to do when you have Lowery playing his first full game back and tiring with no other midfield options on the bench.
Nice to have him back. 3 games minimum to get sharp.
(21-01-2024, 01:35 PM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]Nice to have him back. 3 games minimum to get sharp.

Yes, it's a pity the Aldershot game got called off for him & Scully & Lowery . I wonder if they will re-arrange that to speed up the process of getting them match fit.
(21-01-2024, 01:32 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(21-01-2024, 06:07 AM)HotToddy Wrote: [ -> ]

Why tactically inept (I assume you meant that). ? 

We were hanging on to a lead so he brought on an extra defender for the last 6 minutes,  standard practice in any circumstances but even more a natural thing to do when you have Lowery playing his first full game back and tiring with no other midfield options on the bench.

No, inapt not inept. Different meaning. Please don't assume.
Is it a word?
Yes it means not apt /fitting
(21-01-2024, 03:21 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Yes it means not apt /fitting

Cheers BTA. Seemed like Deep wanted to make my post controversial.
I didn't think the potential mispelling was the controversial bit.  

The suggestion that bringing him on was a tactically wrong decision was the bit I took issue with.
It's going to be massive for us to have Connor back for the run in. Only 18 games to go before we find out our destiny!!!
Deep, I think you’ve misspelt misspelling!
I assumed he meant misled.
My mistake.
Deleted.
Great to have him back.

Sparks has overall been really good going forward with a number of assits - lets not forget nobody really expected anything from him.

His defending has got better but its nice to have Connor who is defensively better - and can score a goal.

Gives Mous some options too - maybe even consider Sparks ahead of Connor?
I thought that was going to happen yesterday.
(21-01-2024, 05:33 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Deep, I think you’ve misspelt misspelling!

Whoops.  I'm better at spelling than I am at typing on my phone.
Pages: 1 2