TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: 5 points from last 5 games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Fleetwood, exeter, bristol rovers  stevenage, Cheltenham.

3 teams of which were/are in the bottom 4.

There are bad runs but this is a total collapse.

Derby and Bolton put these teams away with ease away from home.

We really could have pushed on but every single one of them has bottled it.

We are done for another season.
Pizza and chips for me tonight.
3 pints of Summer Lightning for me.
Not tried that
Bottle of Malbec for me!
(06-01-2024, 05:00 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Pizza and chips for me tonight.

With or without a beer?.
I've got pizza tonight. Going to be a wonderful evening for me.
(06-01-2024, 05:02 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Not tried that

brewed in Salisbury. Doesn't travel far but occasionally in Pompey.
(06-01-2024, 05:04 PM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: [ -> ]I've got pizza tonight. Going to be a wonderful evening for me.

Of course it is. Scum won and we lost
Not to France, unfortunately. Got some imported golden ales though. I’ll tuck into those.
true!! well have a good one!!
(06-01-2024, 04:59 PM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Fleetwood, exeter, bristol rovers  stevenage, Cheltenham.

3 teams of which were/are in the bottom 4.

There are bad runs but this is a total collapse.

Derby and Bolton put these teams away with ease away from home.

We really could have pushed on but every single one of them has bottled it.

We are done for another season.

Yawn ..we go again !!
I agree with Titchyscummer that the those last 5 results are very poor, however, unlike him I still feel we’ll go up in one of the top 2 places. Keep the faith PUP.
I desperately hope you’re right. Gut feeling is we will be 4th behind the obvious 3.
We do have some first team players (at the start of the season) coming back from injury. Ogilvie, Lowery for starters.
Robertson is a big gap and one we will need to replace, but it will not be easy. Ideally we need someone in that position who can score enough goals to make up for only playing one striker.
Opposite to recent seasons we seem to be beating the good sides, sadly we still struggle against the minnows. Seem to need to many opportunities to make a nailed on chance.
We need a break now after the busy Christmas period and hopefully can start getting those missing players back to ease the load on those who have stepped up but are very young.

Whyte has been given chances but seems like he might as well go, Stevenson is clearly not liked by the manager, with Martin on the bench even though we had a winger there in front of him, and Devlin too.
Hume should be gone or getting a bench place.
The results hark back to that horrendous run last season. I would say though that we are creating chances unlike in that sticky period. It's frustrating and not good enough but not a crisis. Yet.
Time to BAN Tichfieldblue for pointing out that the club is now well into a collapse in form that will end in more League One football in 2024/25. Ever since Yengi was dropped we’ve fallen into hole. John Mousinho really stuffed up dropping Yengi and now we are in massive rut. So for pointing out the truth Titch must be banned
I’d say this is close to critical. These are my observations:

Our injured players show little sign of returning, despite constant suggestions that they are almost ready; some/most of our summer signings are just not producing; we have little in the way of options on the bench; it’s yet another season where our midfield are completely lacking in goals (Lane aside); our rivals are hitting their straps and there are several of them; our manager seems to think Whyte is still a decent player: Saydee (for all his faults) never gets a start; we need reinforcements/options so our nerves will no doubt be shreaded as we move through Jan; most of all, we’ve been here before.

I’ve shrugged off the recent results but today we were so lame it was blood boiling. Fuming doesn’t come close. Yes, the ref was inept as they come but we should not be needing to use that as an excuse. Chances missed, ridiculous defending grrrrrrrr.
Never known TBA to be so fucking precious.
Before this run of 5 points in 5 games we were on a points per game projection of something like 105 points for the season. That was obviously going to average out to some extent as it was rather flattering.

Don't get me wrong, a team doesn't sit top after 20 odd games through luck but earlier in the season, late winners and a few late equalisers earned us a lot of points. Holding on in some tight games, then some crucial goals on the stroke of half time.

It showed character for sure but now we're on the wrong end of those kinds of moments and it was never going to sustain for an entire season. Against the weaker sides especially we need to be dominating games more. When there's one goal in it even against the likes of Fleetwood and Cheltenham, there's always the chance of conceding through error or even a bit of individial quality from one of them. We don't score bearly enough goals in periods when we're on top of games and that has started to come back and bite us.

We've been so so good against the better sides in this division (Blackpool aside) but it has sometimes been a case of making up for a poor draw with a fantastic win against a decent side. I'd have taken a 3-0 loss to Bolton in exchange for 12 points put of the last 5 instead of 5 points.
So if we carried on at a point a game, we would get 73 points. Where would that put us?
1.5 per game would put us on 83
2 per game 93