TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Josh Oluwayemi set to depart
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Paves the way for a new goalkeeper. 

Portsmouth star Joshua Oluwayemi agrees FC Lahti deal (footballinsider247.com)

Lets hope Schofield soon follows.
(09-01-2024, 05:13 PM)BigSmokeBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Paves the way for a new goalkeeper. 

Bit of an odd one as he is currently injured ?
A broken thumb is presumably about ready for action again by now.
We took a punt but he didn't quite come good for us. Not ready to step in as a substitute keeper yet so makes sense we let him go. 

I am sure he will come good eventually but not on the timeline we needed unfortunately.
Nothing gained but nothing lost either.
Hopefully we can make room to develop our own good young keeper?
He was never going to be near the first team so why keep him
We still have a problem of no reserve set up to develop younger players if they are not first team ready.
What's the standard in Finland? Non league?
if he gets to play regularly for three years, he could easily end up in one of the European lesser comps I guess. Belgian worked out very well for one of our oft criticised defenders.
(09-01-2024, 09:57 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]We still have a problem of no reserve set up to develop younger players if they are not first team ready.

Maybe the formation of an U21's / B team is dependent on promotion and the additional funding a promotion would bring in - that plus the expansion / development of the training ground to accommodate - must be close now to having a full reserve squad (especially if the loans are recalled and a few U18's offered contracts)  - would make sense for them all to be playing competitive minutes rather than just training time each week.

Shame Doyle left as it would have been interesting to see him run an U21/ B team and what they could achieve.
I just hope that should he continue to develop at his new club that a decent sell-on clause is included somewhere.
(09-01-2024, 10:05 PM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]What's the standard in Finland? Non league?

UEFA rank the Finnish league between the Kazakhstan and Irish leagues so you are probably right.
I wish him well & hope he realises his potential
The Irish premier league ( Northern Ireland) is probably overall National league standard. A few teams ( 3 or 4) could survive in L2 , some of the smaller/ lesser teams are on a par with the Hawks. The same could probably be said of the LOI premier ( ROI).
Unfortunately for the standard of football in Ireland,the Bosman ruling and the ‘freedom of movement/ employment’ within the EU has had quite a dramatic effect. If you remember pre Sky days , the majority of the top teams used to have a decent smattering of Irish and Scottish players.
How much did we get for him?
(10-01-2024, 02:07 PM)foxleyblue Wrote: [ -> ]How much doid we get for him?

Nothing ... we cancelled his contract so he was free to sign for them.
6 foot tall midget
its odd that as goal keeper have got taller and taller, they have become worse and worse at dominating their area and actually catching the ball.
But better at falling on the floor every time they do catch the thing.
(09-01-2024, 05:13 PM)BigSmokeBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Paves the way for a new goalkeeper. 

Seemed a nice lad but not up to it & not tall enough.

Remember the Wycombe game end of last season wher Wing chipped him from the half way line!

Schofield doesn't inspire confidence either so definitely need a new back up keeper.
He's 6 foot
He’s shorter than me and I’m shit in goal.
(10-01-2024, 09:59 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]

Seemed a nice lad but not up to it & not tall enough.

Remember the Wycombe game end of last season wher Wing chipped him from the half way line!

Schofield doesn't inspire confidence either so definitely need a new back up keeper.

If Norris got injured I'd hazard a guess Steward would get the first team spot ahead of Schofield. I'm sure that is the thinking begind not rushing for a new back-up keeper, Steward is deemed good enough.
(10-01-2024, 10:10 PM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]He's 6 foot

Agreed but slight frame & these days you need to be taller than 6ft it seems.

Good shot stopper though just needs to work on commanding his area & high balls into the box.

Hope he goes on to to have a successful career.
Matt macey rumoured to be coming back
(11-01-2024, 02:22 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]Agreed but slight frame & these days you need to be taller than 6ft it seems.

This goes straight into the Top 3 most demented things you've come out with.
Pages: 1 2