TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Matt Macey is back
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Matt Macey is back after leaving Luton. Better than Scholfield??
(11-01-2024, 04:23 PM)Robsquad Wrote: [ -> ]Matt Macey is back after leaving Luton. Better than Scholfield??

Yes much
Better than Norris in all aspects of the job other than distribution IMO 

I would say it was very close between the two of them as to who should be first choice.
Agree , it’s going to be interesting how this one plays out.
Yeh I'd say Macey is better by a hairs breadth. Great to have 2 extremely capable keepers now. 

Now we just have to plug the midfield and defensive holes and we should be good to assault the rest of the league  Big Grin
Now we need 2 new quality strikers and 2 new quality centre backs and a quality winger and robbo replacement and we will be able to go up.

6 players and we can go up.
I know it isn't the kind of signing that will moisten our undercarriages but a necessary one. If Norris were to break his arm in February's first league game, we are now in a position where we can cope whereas before we would have been in trouble.

Now for the kind of signings that will really win us promotion please.
I think Macey is a far better goalkeeper.... The amount of shots Norris should have done better with this season. And the number of times I have felt a goal coming from corners and crosses into the box, due to his unwillingness or ability to deal with has shown how good Macey was last season.

I can't think of one game this season that Norris has been our Man Of The Match... But Macey last season shone in a few.

A Great Signing he will be.
Excellent news.
Stop it Titchy!
(11-01-2024, 05:46 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Stop it Titchy!

Have you been on the crack pipe again?  Big Grin
Me or Titchfield?
This is fantastic news. Well done Pompey. Norris will now be kept honest. No more fucking about!
You have to wonder why Macey hasnt found a permanent home. He's a very good keeper.

Hope we sign him permanently in the summer or someone else does, he deserves it. He wouldn't look out of place in the championship.
(11-01-2024, 06:31 PM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: [ -> ]You have to wonder why Macey hasnt found a permanent home. He's a very good keeper.

Hope we sign him permanently in the summer or someone else does, he deserves it. He wouldn't look out of place in the championship.

There's something wrong here: you've posted something I agree with. What is the world coming too.....
Really good move.
Presumably that tells our current number two to start looking for a new home.
one down, keep going please.
(11-01-2024, 06:31 PM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: [ -> ]You have to wonder why Macey hasnt found a permanent home. He's a very good keeper.

I think there was bad timing involved. IIRC there was something in his Luton deal that meant because they went up he got a contract extension and pay rise which made him a tougehr prospect to sign.

In hindsight he should have terminated his Luton contract at the end of last season to put him in the frame for us and other league one or maybe even Championship clubs. Doing it in September meant that clubs of the kind of level he was looking at already had their keepers sorted.
Macey is ok, but Port Vale @ home last season was a very definite low point. I see Norris as the better keeper myself. His distribution is mainly excellent & for me @ least he's a decent all round keeper. Yes there's been some mistakes, but even Jamo made mistakes. That's a keepers lot.
6 ft 7 isn't he?
Norris..... With his feet, his distribution is mainly excellent, but all the other stuff he is ok at best.

He is like an out field player taking his turn in goal down the park.
(11-01-2024, 08:38 PM)essentialmix75 Wrote: [ -> ]Norris..... With his feet, his distribution is mainly excellent, but all the other stuff he is ok at best.

He is like an out field player taking his turn in goal down the park.

He's absolutely nothing like an outfield player taking a turn in goal. He isn't as strong a shot stopper as some and has let a few more in at his near post than I would like but he's made plenty of important and decent saves.
I fancy Macey for number one by the end of the month.

So will Norris. Norris knows Macey was the number one goalkeeping target in the summer.

There is no better signing to give Norris a kick up the arse with.
Good to see the keeper issue addressed. If he's fit let's give him a start on Saturday
First time all season there has been genuine competition for the number one shirt, not a bad thing
If its an improvement- which Macey certainly is- then of course
Pages: 1 2