TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Biggest contributory factor to this clusterfuck
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Losing Regan Poole. 

We've looked a shadow of our former selves since then.  Somehow we managed to overcome Bolton, otherwise we've looked absolute turd since the Chesterfield debacle.  No-one to drive us forward with authority.  Losing a solid rock at the back. Silly mistakes creeping in across the back four.

Obviously not the only issue but this has been, IMO, massive.  We've no strength in depth; OK, unlucky to lose Yengi for a few weeks, but then again we failed to recruit a decent enough forward line last summer (Saydee is absolute wank), signed Scully who was evidently crocked and have no youth progressing into the first team squad.

Injuries play a part in every teams season.  We are ill equipped to deal with them, yet again.  A paper thin squad gets you nowhere.

Fucking annoyed of Tonbridge Wells
You can't blame on one player.

They've lost their bottle.
For me it's three things

1. Changing a settled side
2. Not creating enough chances
3. Injuries
We have been relying on young reserves for most of the season.
They have done very well but the first team players now have to step up.
Whyte. Find a pair or get out.
Scully ? is he fit. If so, why was he not on at half time?
Lowery came on and showed us why he was a first pick.
Sadie is not a midfield player, tried hard but it is not fair on him to play him there other than as a sub.
If our defenders are not good enough to play out then set the team up to do something else.
Bishop should have kept quiet.
Ogilvie, get him back soon.
(13-01-2024, 05:26 PM)briefcase_wanchor Wrote: [ -> ]Losing Regan Poole. 

We've looked a shadow of our former selves since then.  Somehow we managed to overcome Bolton, otherwise we've looked absolute turd since the Chesterfield debacle.  No-one to drive us forward with authority.  Losing a solid rock at the back. Silly mistakes creeping in across the back four.

Obviously not the only issue but this has been, IMO, massive.  We've no strength in depth; OK, unlucky to lose Yengi for a few weeks, but then again we failed to recruit a decent enough forward line last summer (Saydee is absolute wank), signed Scully who was evidently crocked and have no youth progressing into the first team squad.

Injuries play a part in every teams season.  We are ill equipped to deal with them, yet again.  A paper thin squad gets you nowhere.

Obviously not from TW as you can't even spell the name of the town correctly!
(13-01-2024, 05:42 PM)Rocketman Wrote: [ -> ]
(13-01-2024, 05:26 PM)briefcase_wanchor Wrote: [ -> ]Losing Regan Poole. 

Obviously not from TW as you can't even spell the name of the town correctly!
Nope. Never been.
I was pleasantly surprised that the Poole injury didn't derail us in any way immediately and I actually don't think we had seen the absolute best of him but I think it is taking it's toll now in a big way.

If you are a promotion chasing League One side, Raggett is a very able stand in but it is absolutelynight and day when you compare him to Poole (same with many league one defenders in fairness). I can't single Raggett out though as the previously immense Shaughnessy has been much less immense of late.
Poole isn't Maldini. Wish everyone would stop going on like he is.

Injuries happen over a season and the club fucked up when they had players like Raggett on the bench.

The players on that pitch have bottled it in the last 6 games, that has nothing to do with Poole being injured.

The owners have built the squad on the cheap again.
Disagree Titchy. Raggers misplaced about one pass today but covered across really well and headed everything that came his way. He's an easy scapegoat probably because he runs like a duck but Shockers has played a lot worse than him lately IMO but doesn't come in for half as much stick.
I disagree with the OP and think the biggest contributing factor was changing a winning side
I haven’t been totally impressed with the team from day one. We’ve played a lot better this season than last (our league position says it all) but we’ve scraped some very fortunate results to stay there.
A bit like last season, we started to fall apart as soon as we lost a game. Some are claiming the loss of Poole to be a major factor in our recent demise. We lost him in that game. We lost him because he was too weak in a battle with Will Grigg who outmuscled him all too easily.
Championship winning teams absolutely crush a lot of the opposition and we have consistently failed to do this all season, particularly the ‘minnows’ we’ve played. We’ve played some great football so far and probably will do so again this season but we’re not looking like a majestic side sweeping all before them. (I think Peterborough look to be the team who could be the ones to do that).

We are not far away from being the finished article. Maybe we’ll pick up someone in the window but I’m not holding my breath. I’ve got serious doubts about using loan players consistently in the first team. I’d sooner see them as backup and not frontline troops.

This season looks better than last but we might be looking at yet another year in league one before we finally assemble all the pieces. It won’t be a disaster, if that’s the case. We’ve got some good youngsters who will only get better and the long term future looks bright.

Fingers crossed for the rest of this season. I think Mousinho is about to go on a sharp learning curve. That’s fine by me too. Can’t expect someone to come straight into management and get everything right straight away.
The game was a disaster, and a few others recently have been poor too but we are not a poor team. we need a few changes and a few additions and I believe we can then still challenge for an automatic spot. The Eisners and the recruitment team have a couple of weeks in which to make this happen. I detail below my opinion and as always I understand yours may be very different but here goes ;-

Norriss - Good distribution but average beyond that. Fails to dominate his area, punches balls he could catch and should be replaced by  MACEY        
Rafferty - Has done well through the season and although could probably do with a rest, without a fit understudy he has to stay            RAFFERTY
Shaugnessy - Looks a little tired but has had a good season so has to stay                                                                                         SHAUGNESSY
Raggett - This is a tough one as he has done pretty well, but he is not the ball carrying/play starter that Mousinho based his team on so 
we have to buy. Edmundson at Ipswich is rumoured and could do that job so we need to get on with it and buy him.                             EDMUNDSON
Sparkes - He looks tired and those deadly crosses have all but stopped. He is not the best defensively either so its time to change           OGILVIE
Morrell - Good enough across the season and experienced enough to handle the pressure                                                                    MORRELL 
Pack - Although lacking a little pace, more than good enough for this level and as per Morrell, has that vital experience to turn things       PACK
Kamara- Looks tired and after his recent hat trick of one on one misses, his confidence to shoot is gone. He needs a rest but its difficult
We probably need to buy a player who has a few goals in him,  maybe Jamal Lowe could be brought back as is on loan and has no future
with Bournemouth but otherwise I would reluctantly go for Whyte or stick with Kamara                                                                         KAMARA
Lane - Has had a good season, looks tired too but has a goal threat and gives everything, every game                                                    LANE
Saydee - Not sure what to say! He tries but is not a number 10. Not sure if he ever will be but clearly the club think differently. Given 
the shortage of good "10's I would move Bishop to the role as he does a lot of dropping deep, knocking the ball on for others, etc.            BISHOP
Bishop - well he cant play two positions so I would look to sign another forward  My target would be Johnson Clark Harris as his
record at this level says he will score goals.                                                                                                                                       J CLARK HARRIS

So, only two new players for the first team but I think we need to look had for an alternative to Kamara and also a young number 10 on loan from the Premier league if possible. But with Johnson Clark Harris up front and Bishop in behind our firepower would greatly improve. So, it's down to the Eisners now. Those two players would probably cost the club £1m - £1.25M . 
OK, I will put my tin hat on now as I am sure a few of you guys will have totally different views, so let's have 'em!
Charlton had a bid of 800k for JCH accepted.

The owners won't pay that.

If we bought Clarke harris he would definitely score a lot of goals for us.

Him and a few other signings and we could win the playoffs.