TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Player Ratings - Leyton Orient
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
might as well
Norris 5 stopped nothing, not a lot wrong but not a lot good either.
Raffs ok 5
Raggett 5
Shocker 5
Sparkes. Forgotten how to cross. 4
Morrell 5 some nice passes to the same wing and some nice passes backward
Pack 7 Did his best
Saydee. Made to look silly, tried hard, not a midfield player. 4
Lane did his best, full back worked him out. 5
Kamara. Morrell don't like him 4
Bishop. Walk the walk. 4
The tiny one. a light in the darkness. 6 (did learn to pass in front of Lane and Kamara)
Martin. 4 not much to say

Scully warmed up very well 4

Mouse 3. Repeating the same old same old, 4 wingers on the bench, adapt to the players you have not the ones you want.

Referee. Fussy, ignored fouls, annoying. Gave us a pen. 3
Lowery 7
Everyone else except Saydee and Kamara 4
Saydee and Kamara 3
My opinions on the players today against Orient:

Norris: 7 - didn't do a lot wrong and look composed when needed.
Sparkes: 6 - put a lot of decent balls in first half and combined well with Lane but nobody got on the end of them. Second half very quiet.
Shaunessy: 6.5 - any back line which concedes 3 in one half can't be that great! Looked solid second half when the game had gone.
Raggett: 5 - looked way off it and his head has dropped. Balls out didn't work. Poor.
Rafferty: 6 Huffed and puffed alright without achieving much. Not easy with a day-dreaming Kamara in front on him.
Pack: 6 - played okay first half and some passes were good in the second but he also lost the ball more as time went on. He's not the problem with this team.
Morrell: 6 - he was okay. Did his best and didn't do a whole lot wrong. Kept his nose clean.
Lane: 6 - first half played well combing with Sparkes. They were our only outlet. Second half his passing went off the boil and he drifted out of the game.
Saydee: 5 - huffed about but he's just not very good. Not good enough to start for a team looking to get promotion. Doesn't contribute anywhere near enough.
Kamara: 3 - gone back to how he was 2-3 months ago. Very poor. Like playing with 10 men. He's young and needs some time out of the team but there is no cover.
Bishop: 4 - this bloke gave it the biggun a few weeks back and quite frankly looks a bit of a tit now. Missed a penalty (it happens) but glanced a header wide yet again. How many sitters has he missed over the past 2-3 months? The system with him up front on his own is not working as he gets outmuscled and outnumbered. Endeavour is there but he's not taking the limited chances he does get.

Subs:

Devlin: 6 - looked okay without being spectacular. We were marginally better second half.
Lowery: 6 - did look lively and good to see him getting minutes. We need him. Didn't ultimately change anything.
Martin: 6 - again ran about and won a few fouls but ultimately is he good enough?

Mousinho: 4. I like the guy but persisting with Bishop up front yet again is very frustrating. Teams have sussed his tactics and he now needs to have a rethink. Hopefully he is backed.

Ref: 7.5. The best ref for some time. Pedantic at times but got most decisions correct and even corrected a linesman's decision once which was ballsy - and correct. Be nice if one ref picked up on the fouling of Bishop!

Terrible day at the office overall.
Cor
terrible day at the office and you give 6 and 7
very generous I was far more hacked off with a complete disjointed shite show. Mouse got the score most deserved today.
(13-01-2024, 07:45 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Cor
terrible day at the office and you give 6 and 7
very generous I was far more hacked off with a complete disjointed shite show. Mouse got the score most deserved today.

Well I don't think they all played badly individually.

For me there is some big issues which need sorting - attacking midfielder, right winger and a striker.

Doesn't matter if you start well or some play okay - if you can't score then you can't win.
I said at half time, I did not have a clue what he could do other than put a midfielder on for Saydee.
All the players seemed to be trying but it looked they had Covid in the camp and were social distancing all over the pitch.
The unnecessary change for the Fleetwood game seemed to hit team morale which hasn't really recovered.
Compare Norris to their keeper. I know who comes and claims the ball. Saydee.. fat and useless. Lane rubbish. Raggett can’t pass the ball 5 yards without finding an opposing player. Bishop worst penalty ever, misses a header a few mins later and basically does F all. Sparkes the worst left back in history. Scully needs game time so Mous puts on the completely irrelevant Martin instead. Dear God this is depressing. Have you guessed I am angry haha.
(13-01-2024, 08:03 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]I said at half time, I did not have a clue what he could do other than put a midfielder on for Saydee.
All the players seemed to be trying but it looked they had Covid in the camp and were social distancing all over the pitch.

He could have switched to a 4-4-2 and played Saydee in his actual position as a forward. Bishop looks like he needs some help so maybe we should give him some. Shame JM only knows one formation so I guess we will just have to keep playing shit a losing for the rest of the season
We have a right winger but JM is playing him on the left to accommodate Kamara
and moving kamara to the right seems to have backfired on him too.
Seen the highlights again. 3 terrible goals. The first one Morrell for some reason stops so Sparkes can't take all the blame. The second Sparkes is being manhandled and Bishop misses his header at the near post (the ball comes off his back). The third Bishop again fails to get to the ball at the near post. Our penalty looks very dodgy too, he seems to have played the ball and Lane has fallen over his leg.
A dire day all round, particularly for Bishop who should perhaps keep his mouth shut and concentrate on improving his game.
I don’t think many players were particularly bad but it was easier to find players who put in a decent performance.

I thought Lowry looked the part.
Raggett didn’t put a foot wrong and I’d like Fiftyyears to point out a single misplaced short pass because I didn’t see one.
Pack was best of the bunch but he wasn’t perfect.

Kamara was totally ineffective. Maybe it’s because I’ve been banging on about it for weeks that everyone else seems to have noticed it at last. I’d didn’t detect anything worse in him yesterday. As Hammie says, he needs a rest because he’s young. I would ask the question as to why we recruit a young promising player on loan.

Lane was sussed by their fullback, who showed him down the outside every time. He’s far more effective when he mixes up his game. He should have been moved to the right wing to replace Kamara. How the fuck Martin got anywhere near the pitch, I’ll never know!

Bishop did hide his face after that pen and so he bloody well should. He was also the main culprit for their second goal.
And third Cunni
Probably right but there’s only so much blame you can put on a strikers defensive performance.

We didn’t score, that has been the major problem of recent weeks.
(13-01-2024, 07:40 PM)Sharpe* Wrote: [ -> ]My opinions on the players today against Orient:

Sparkes: 6 - put a lot of decent balls in first half and combined well with Lane but nobody got on the end of them. Second half very quiet.
Shaunessy: 6.5 - any back line which concedes 3 in one half can't be that great! Looked solid second half when the game had gone.
Raggett: 5 - looked way off it and his head has dropped. Balls out didn't work. Poor.
Rafferty: 6 Huffed and puffed alright without achieving much. Not easy with a day-dreaming Kamara in front on him.
Pack: 6 - played okay first half and some passes were good in the second but he also lost the ball more as time went on. He's not the problem with this team.
Morrell: 6 - he was okay. Did his best and didn't do a whole lot wrong. Kept his nose clean.
Lane: 6 - first half played well combing with Sparkes. They were our only outlet. Second half his passing went off the boil and he drifted out of the game.
Saydee: 5 - huffed about but he's just not very good. Not good enough to start for a team looking to get promotion. Doesn't contribute anywhere near enough.
Kamara: 3 - gone back to how he was 2-3 months ago. Very poor. Like playing with 10 men. He's young and needs some time out of the team but there is no cover.
Bishop: 4 - this bloke gave it the biggun a few weeks back and quite frankly looks a bit of a tit now. Missed a penalty (it happens) but glanced a header wide yet again. How many sitters has he missed over the past 2-3 months? The system with him up front on his own is not working as he gets outmuscled and outnumbered. Endeavour is there but he's not taking the limited chances he does get.

Subs:

Devlin: 6 - looked okay without being spectacular. We were marginally better second half.
Lowery: 6 - did look lively and good to see him getting minutes. We need him. Didn't ultimately change anything.
Martin: 6 - again ran about and won a few fouls but ultimately is he good enough?

Mousinho: 4. I like the guy but persisting with Bishop up front yet again is very frustrating. Teams have sussed his tactics and he now needs to have a rethink. Hopefully he is backed.

Ref: 7.5. The best ref for some time. Pedantic at times but got most decisions correct and even corrected a linesman's decision once which was ballsy - and correct. Be nice if one ref picked up on the fouling of Bishop!

Jeez with those markings mate if we played well you'd be giving elevens
(13-01-2024, 07:40 PM)Sharpe* Wrote: [ -> ]My opinions on the players today against Orient:

Subs:

Sparkes…’very quiet second half’  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin 

A very strange mark for Raggett. What did he let by?

Martin got as high a mark as Lowery??? I think we saw different games.
Martin touched it 3 times, Lowery at least 20. Martin did one little run, no cross. Lowery did about 6 with several crosses. No competition
Martin strikes me as a completely pointless signing. Lowery was buzzy and looking to make things happen. Hope he can stay fit.
If Lowery is fit to play whole games, the ten position is much improved, as is the bench with Saydee to come on as an impact. Except that he is another who will not score more than one or two a season. But I suspect he could put a nippy striker in regularly (like their 17) and also be very good for the wingers whoever they are. Might even get Whyte in the game.