TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: 4231 Formation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(14-01-2024, 12:51 PM)wjd Wrote: [ -> ]
(14-01-2024, 11:17 AM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]
(14-01-2024, 11:10 AM)Roybatty Wrote: [ -> ]Tom lowery is a myth,has done absolutely nothing since he has been here but get this adulation from somewhere...can't say pompey fans aren't easily pleased

It is provably false to say he has done nothing. He was absolutely excellent at the start of last season. He's shown nothing like that since I'll admit and has obviously spent far too much time injured but there's a player there.

Mixed feelings on Lowery. He is a bit too lightweight for me and has been injured too much, but he has ability and right now, he is probably the best option as a number 10. However, is playing him enough to secure promotion? Probably not. We need more firepower.

If he keeps playing like yesterday, I’ll be a little less worried about losing Robbo.
Formations are not overly important.

Does anyone remember the Spanish team who dominated?

Obviously an exceptional group of players but still the following point is valid.

Their manager said that if the players are good enough, formations matter very little. If the players are good enough, they'll win enough matches and when it matters too.

It's far more about the players than any formation.
Yesterday LO destroyed us as their number 17 (Forde) was given a free role up front and we didn’t know where he was going to pop or who was going to mark him. Whereas we are too predictable up front and not really causing any problems in the box.
They looked very mobile up front. Quite entertaining to watch.

Yeah we were too predictable, until Lowery came on.
Lewis Wing of Reading being scouted by us is the latest rumour doing the rounds.
I would think he’s feeling he made a poor move, going to Reading.
Lowery the only positive yesterday.

If fit enough, has to start at Fleetwood.
(14-01-2024, 02:19 PM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]Lewis Wing of Reading being scouted by us is the latest rumour doing the rounds.

Would be an excellent signing.

Would certainly add something to the team.

A few signings like that could get us promotion.
Why do you care who we sign you WUM scummer twát.
I just do not understand why we play 2 holding players in Pack and Morrell and 2 wide players who hug the touchline who do not make any attempt to break into the box when one of them has the ball out wide Kamara is worse than Lane for this, and this leaves Bishop on his own in the box when we break forward. This often means we leave big gaps in midfield that teams now who have sussed the way we play exploit as Orient did all game yesterday. Mousinho has done fantastic this season there is no doubt but I have always felt he is too negative especially when we play lower half teams. My preferred set up would be 3-5-2 or 3-1-4-2.
Another annoying trait we have is having all 11 players in the pen area when the other team has a corner. Yesterday 0-3 down and we had no one to break if we cleared the ball upfield from a corner. Again to negative in my opinion for what’s it’s worth.
(14-01-2024, 03:16 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Why do you care who we sign you WUM scummer twát.

You ought to grow up mate. Embarrassing.
It was the worst penalty I've seen since that one from Defoe.

We know what happened next.
(14-01-2024, 03:43 PM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]It was the worst penalty I've seen since that one from Defoe.

We know what happened next.

Bishop has been our best penalty taker since the Yak, and uses the same technique in waiting to see which way the keeper is going and just hitting it the other way, often quite softly.  All that went wrong yesterday was the keeper disguised which way he was diving and Bishop just got it wrong. 

But ridiculous to feel the need to turn it into a defoe situation. That is just stirring and trying to upset the squad.
(14-01-2024, 03:38 PM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(14-01-2024, 03:16 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Why do you care who we sign you WUM scummer twát.

The only embarrassing poster on this site is you. You offer nothing other than being a WUM. On minute your saying we’re not good enough, the next thing your saying is that if we sign Lewis Wing we’ll get promoted. For someone who says they’ve played professionally ( yet offers no proof) you really are embarrassing to your so called profession. Do us all a favour and FRO.
In his defence, Titch has never said he played professionally. That was Exterm’s idea
(14-01-2024, 04:08 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]
(14-01-2024, 03:38 PM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

The only embarrassing poster on this site is you. You offer nothing other than being a WUM. On minute your saying we’re not good enough, the next thing your saying is that if we sign Lewis Wing we’ll get promoted. For someone who says they’ve played professionally ( yet offers no proof) you really are embarrassing to your so called profession. Do us all a favour and FRO.

In your opinion.

All you do is abuse other people calling them a scummer, not just towards me. I actually feel very sorry for you because it's very clear you lead a difficult life. I wish that people like you would accept help in real life.

You would never have the courage to discuss your difference in opinion at a game with someone face to face like a mature adult.

I hope you sort yourself out.
Why thank you , but I never take advice from a scummer WUM
(14-01-2024, 04:30 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Why thank you , but I never take advice from a scummer WUM

I think you're probably a nicer person than you display on this website.

Hope one day I can meet you pre game and listen to your views and then you will realise we all want te best for PFC.
I’m a very nice person thank you, and at least one of us wants what’s best for Pompey (clue - that would be me), and it’s not someone on a wind up.
(14-01-2024, 04:45 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]I’m a very nice person thank you, and at least one of us wants what’s best for Pompey clue - that would be me), and it’s not someone on a wind up.

We both want what's best for Pompey. I've never had any doubt you are a Pompey fan.

If you would ever like to meet pre game, do let me know.  Could even meet in your local or wherever.  I would be interested in listening to your views and maybe we could find some common ground v Pompey. 

I'm not interested in this keyboard warrior nonsense, or any aggressive behavior, so if that's what you're about then I'm not interested.  We are adults, let's act like it.

If you want to talk like adults, let me know.
Defoe comparisons entirely valid. Was his heart in that pen? Bishop is an unhappy bunny at the moment and gave some shit to the fans. Expect some back! Fully entitled to question it and only he will ever know the answer.
(14-01-2024, 10:49 AM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]
(14-01-2024, 12:57 AM)HotToddy Wrote: [ -> ]
(13-01-2024, 09:20 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(13-01-2024, 08:08 PM)Roybatty Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sure he will be looking through his uefa coaching badge manual, scratching his head and trying to find the formation page,seems to me that only one formation and one way of playing exists.

How can you say that after the one game when he did totally change the formation at halftime?
Not sure there was a need to change formation at half time.

We should have been going in 2-2 if Bishop had been fully motivated to score his penalty and flick header opportunity.

Orient played well. But we also played well for the first 30 minutes of the first half. They had a goal which we could have stopped by playing a better offside trap. They had two from corners down our left flank which have nothing to do with open play formations. So why completely change formation in the second half? 

Mousinho and Hughes have stated they recruit based on 4-3-2-1, hence getting rid of Hume. So stay with that formation.

The second half was terrible. Lowery ran about a bit but didn't affect anything. Was it 3-2-2-3 formation? What ever it was, please don't try that again. imo stay with 4-2-3-1 or 4-1-3-2 at home.

Lowery didn’t ’run about a bit’ he was the only bright spot of a terrible second half.

All this talk of formations is bollox really, the problem we have is not formations, it is that we have no energy up front. We had no shots on target in the second half, at home ffs.

The Orient forwards looked quicker, stronger and sharper all match. They looked dangerous when attacking, we did not.

Bishop looks like he’s feeling sorry for himself and I couldn’t resist cupping my ear, along with many others, when he missed that penalty in pathetic fashion. 

I think the penalty summed up the performance, limp and lacking any conviction.

We need a couple of forwards asap or we are fucked.

Respectfully disagree about formations. The team needs to be organised and the players need to understand their roles and the team tactics. That was missing second half. Lowery couldn't affect the game on his own. Agree with the rest of your post.
(14-01-2024, 11:53 PM)HotToddy Wrote: [ -> ]
(14-01-2024, 10:49 AM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]
(14-01-2024, 12:57 AM)HotToddy Wrote: [ -> ]
(13-01-2024, 09:20 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(13-01-2024, 08:08 PM)Roybatty Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sure he will be looking through his uefa coaching badge manual, scratching his head and trying to find the formation page,seems to me that only one formation and one way of playing exists.

How can you say that after the one game when he did totally change the formation at halftime?
Not sure there was a need to change formation at half time.

We should have been going in 2-2 if Bishop had been fully motivated to score his penalty and flick header opportunity.

Orient played well. But we also played well for the first 30 minutes of the first half. They had a goal which we could have stopped by playing a better offside trap. They had two from corners down our left flank which have nothing to do with open play formations. So why completely change formation in the second half? 

Mousinho and Hughes have stated they recruit based on 4-3-2-1, hence getting rid of Hume. So stay with that formation.

The second half was terrible. Lowery ran about a bit but didn't affect anything. Was it 3-2-2-3 formation? What ever it was, please don't try that again. imo stay with 4-2-3-1 or 4-1-3-2 at home.

Lowery didn’t ’run about a bit’ he was the only bright spot of a terrible second half.

All this talk of formations is bollox really, the problem we have is not formations, it is that we have no energy up front. We had no shots on target in the second half, at home ffs.

The Orient forwards looked quicker, stronger and sharper all match. They looked dangerous when attacking, we did not.

Bishop looks like he’s feeling sorry for himself and I couldn’t resist cupping my ear, along with many others, when he missed that penalty in pathetic fashion. 

I think the penalty summed up the performance, limp and lacking any conviction.

We need a couple of forwards asap or we are fucked.

Respectfully disagree about formations. The team needs to be organised and the players need to understand their roles and the team tactics. That was missing second half. Lowery couldn't affect the game on his own. Agree with the rest of your post.

Missing, but only in the second half?
Credit to Mous and the coaches for changing this Vs. Fleetwood. Bodes well for the future.
Pages: 1 2 3