TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Still very optimistic we could win the playoffs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
We are all angry with how the team have capitulated but the season is still very much alive despite this awful period. Its not a blip, it's a capitulation for our top 2 aspirations.

With our form, and with the momentum and games in hand the others teams have now, top 2 is very unlikely.  We can even blame injuries but we have to get on with it.

I expect us to slip out of the top 2 shortly.  I don't expect us to be able to turn around this awful form quick enough to maintain a top 2 challenge. The other teams are motoring now too.

There is still a real chance to go up though.

The aim has to be to stay in the playoffs now.

We have an awful record in them but that has to change sooner or later and there isn't a team as good as Sheffield Wednesday that will be in them this season. 

Get some new quality players in, some momentum and we still have a realistic chance here. 

It's down to the owners now to give us a realistic chance of success this season.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzcoont
Perhaps you can tell me what you disagree with?

Do you think we will finish top 2 then? Give me your honest opinion?

I doubt you have a season ticket in the fratton end.

If you ever would like to discuss your problem with my views pre game at FT, then please do. But we know that won't happen.
I love a keyboard warrior. If you could ever find your way to FP I’d gladly meet up. In fact PM me your seat number and I’ll definitely be there.
Keyboard warrior?

Grow up mate. You're an adult.

Send me a message and I would be happy to meet up with you pre game to discuss your difference in opinion and to listen to your views on PFC.
PM me your seat number
(14-01-2024, 04:29 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]PM me your seat number

You said you have a season ticket in the fratton end, correct?

As I have stated many times, I have a season ticket in the North stand upper.

I would be happy to meet you behind the fratton end pre match for Northampton? Or anywhere of your choice.

Would be interested to hear your views on PFC.  I would hope you are more reasonable than you portray on this website.
I look at our injuries and the number of players who won't be fully fit til March and hence rested.
Could be a good shot at the play offs provided all the loans are still here.
Obviously hope it is not required but......
(14-01-2024, 04:33 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]I look at our injuries and the number of players who won't be fully fit til March and hence rested.

I agree Hammie.

It doesn't matter how we go up, as long as we get up.

It was never going to be straight forward.

Did you manage to get tickets for yesterday's game?
(14-01-2024, 04:42 PM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(14-01-2024, 04:33 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]I look at our injuries and the number of players who won't be fully fit til March and hence rested.

I agree Hammie.

unfortunately yes.  Big Grin
Two fantastic tickets level with the fratton end penalty spot, in the front row of the south upper. 
Bleedin cold though and ear ache from the fan next to us who went from supporter to constant critic at the drop of a hat.
(14-01-2024, 04:49 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]
(14-01-2024, 04:42 PM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

I agree Hammie.

unfortunately yes.  Big Grin
Two fantastic tickets level with the fratton end penalty spot, in the front row of the south upper. 
Bleedin cold though and ear ache from the fan next to us who went from supporter to constant critic at the drop of a hat.

Good view from there isn't it.

I can imagine, I bet it wasn't a nice atmosphere.

I'm working abroad for work so couldn't attend, pleased I wasn't there.

Keep the faith Hammie, im still confident we will go up with the right signings.
50 odd years in, I know what it is like supporting pompey. more downs than ups. makes the ups all the better.
We need a couple of new signings and to off load players that the manager will not use.
To be honest Hume should get a start now, Ogilvie is needed back.
I do not understand why Stevenson is not even on the bench but 4 wingers are.
Lowery gave us a very small but important feel good factor. If he can stay fit, he could plug a gaping hole.
I agree with all of that.

Lowery looked very good I'm told.

The injuries clearly haven't helped us but there's more to it than that.

Getting Ogilvie back will be a big positive.

A few quality signings and we will be just fine.

Keep the faith.
(14-01-2024, 05:04 PM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Keep the faith.

Says the Pompey fan who will give up the club in favour of gardening and shopping if we fail to secure promotion this season.
(14-01-2024, 05:25 PM)BilltheCat Wrote: [ -> ]

Says the Pompey fan who will give up the club in favour of gardening and shopping if we fail to secure promotion this season.

Yes you're right, I did say something along the lines of I would give up my season ticket as I cannot tolerate another season in this league.

Will I renew if we are in league 1 again?

Not sure. I may choose my games. I work away a lot so attending is difficult anyway.

A lot of things have been said on this board after very dissapointing results.

We all say things in dissapointment.

That's life.
(14-01-2024, 05:31 PM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(14-01-2024, 05:25 PM)BilltheCat Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes you're right, I did say something along the lines of I would give up my season ticket as I cannot tolerate another season in this league.

Will I renew if we are in league 1 again?

Not sure. I may choose my games. I work away a lot so attending is difficult anyway.

A lot of things have been said on this board after very dissapointing results.

We all say things in dissapointment.

That's life.

It’s more frustration than disappointed. Over the past years, many times we’ve been knocking on the door. Two or three times just adding a bit of quality at this time of the year might have pushed us over the line. That didn’t happen and we fell short, let’s hope this year is different. Three quality additions could make our season, sticking with what we have may, yet again, cost us.Time for a proper punt by the owners.
I agree.

As crap as its gone we are still up there.

It does hinge on the owners now.

Do they back us or not?
Titch has a seat in the NSU? Me too! There were a few regulars missing on Saturday; I thought the cold kept them away, but maybe they were abroad for work.
They already are backing us (or rather, their investment). It’s a case of whether they want to modify their business model to try and go up this year. Fans will always demand the spending of someone else’s cash and it doesn’t always bring the required result.
I think you've hit it on the head Cunni
Does Mr Eisner want us to get promoted to a division where he'll need to splash out on quality players etc?
And we'll probably struggle for a while meaning fewer supporters bringing in the cash.?
Ultimately it nearly always seems that quality counts. If all you can afford is the milkman’s horse you shouldn’t enter the Derby!
For me the Eisners backed the team this year. I think most people agreed that at the end of August we were in the best position we'd been in years regarding team make up.

A high number of injuries would affect anyone, we don't have a divine right to be good in those circumstances. Our recruitment team will have been looking mainly towards the end of the season with only one or two players coming in in January. As it is they now have to ramp up but it's so difficult to recruit high quality in this window, teams won't want to to let these players go. All the good players from higher divisions that were suitable for loaning will already be out at clubs.

I imagine the amount of money you'd need to guarantee the 4 or 5 buys we'd need would be extraordinarily high and unrealistic. Whilst of course we all want this year to be the year we have to recognise that in a practical sense there is a sensible limit they can spend.
It really doesn’t matter if we go up this year or next, we will go up.
In my lifetime please Cunni
Mine too mate.

C’mon, Eisners, FFS!!!!
Pages: 1 2