TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Feels like a further kick in the goolies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
That Yengi sat and watched the Aus vs (the mighty) India from the bench. Galling enough to lose him at such a critical time; will be a real sickener if he plays no meaningful part.  Only benefit is he limits injury risk this way (though there’s always training for that too).
(16-01-2024, 05:26 PM)briefcase_wanchor Wrote: [ -> ]That Yengi sat and watched the Aus vs (the mighty) India from the bench. Galling enough to lose him at such a critical time; will be a real sickener if he plays no meaningful part.  Only benefit is he limits injury risk this way (though there’s always training for that too).
Hopefully he'll be keeping fit and raring to go when he comes back.
But if he does get injured it will likely be too bloody late to do anything. Why we haven’t got another centre forward on the Jan Window shopping list is beyond me. We currently have 1 centre forward who is off form and mentally doesn’t appear to be in a good place. I’ve said it before but Johnson-Clarke Harris would be perfect. We just don’t ever want to pay the money.

He’s likely to go somewhere in this window and hit the ground running, just hope it’s not to one of our promotion rivals. If Charlton do get him, watch them go.

Unfortunately, it looks like any decent experienced players will once again be out of our reach financially, and eventually, probably on the last day of the window, we will be panic bidding on some possible up and coming premier league hopefuls that may or not be available on loan.

Really hope I’m wrong but it’s Pompey Init!
(16-01-2024, 06:17 PM)Dibdenblue Wrote: [ -> ]But if he does get injured it will likely be too bloody late to do anything. Why we haven’t got another centre forward on the Jan Window shopping list is beyond me. We currently have 1 centre forward who is off form and mentally doesn’t appear to be in a good place. I’ve said it before but Johnson-Clarke Harris would be perfect. We just don’t ever want to pay the money.

He’s likely to go somewhere in this window and hit the ground running, just hope it’s not to one of our promotion rivals. If Charlton do get him, watch them go.

Unfortunately, it looks like any decent experienced players will once again be out of our reach financially, and eventually, probably on the last day of the window, we will be panic bidding on some possible up and coming premier league hopefuls that may or not be available on loan.

Really hope I’m wrong but it’s Pompey Init!

I wouldn't have thought there is any chance that Peterborough would sell to us so it makes no difference if we are interested or not.
Money talks though Deep! It would probably be a different price for us though 

I'm more confident than usual that we have our act together this Jan. You would expect us to be after some decent names, given that the capacity issues are resolved and crowds are up.
I do hope he's not anywhere where he could come back injury wise fit but infected with some horrible tropical disease!
(16-01-2024, 06:49 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Money talks though Deep! It would probably be a different price for us though 

I'm more confident than usual that we have our act together this Jan. You would expect us to be after some decent names, given that the capacity issues are resolved and crowds are up.

I don't think any amount of money would help ... Macanthony hates Pompey with a vengenace and would never do anything to hep our promotion cause.
(17-01-2024, 10:09 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(16-01-2024, 06:49 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Money talks though Deep! It would probably be a different price for us though 

I don't think any amount of money would help ... Macanthony hates Pompey with a vengenace and would never do anything to hep our promotion cause.

He does not hate Pompey.

Peterborough would accept the highest offer for any of their players such as JCH.

DM is a businessman.