TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: The Totally Free Fleetwood Fvckfest Fraught Fred
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Fleetwood.
Fleetwood Windsor Villa.
Fleetwood Town.
Fleetwood Wanderers.

They’ve been known to change their name over their history and I have no idea who we’re actually playing this year. I suppose it keeps the shirt sales as lively as poss.

At least one team is guaranteed to turn up because this one is in the icy northern territory (winter is coming) and Pompey have to do the travelling. Will the real Pompey turn up to join them or will it be the timid southern softies that capitulated last week.

I have no idea who Mousinho is going to play. I would put out exactly the same team that ruined my weekend and if they can’t show a bit of fire then they really do deserve to be pilloried.

A hopeful 0-2
In their past 10 games they've only taken a point each off Carlisle, who are just above them, and Pompey at the top (often happens to us with lower table teams).
A draw would be a "good" result.
Fleetwood are bottom so 1-0 to them. This manager doesn't know how to beat lower teams.
We need all 3 points! Hopefully JM has learnt from the recent Cheltenham & Orient defeats.
We're going to bounce back from our recent low and restart the charge to promotion. 0-4 written all over it.
A win would do wonders for the team , time for those who have underperformed to step up to the plate. 2-0 Pompey
OGILVIE and LOWERY in if fit - sureley ?
Is tomorrow’s game on? There are rumours of a frozen pitch and an inspection is due at 12.30pm today.
Grrrr. Bloody weather!
Just had a look at the Blackpool weather forecast, for tomorrow from early hours, - no indication of freezing temperatures so should , touch wood, be good to go !
I’m dreading it, another potential self inflicted clusterfook.
Plenty of rain though.
Possibly against my better judgement I fancy us to pull ourselves together tomorrow and bring home a comfortable 3 points. 2-0. The first of 4 wins on the bounce (possibly 3 wins and a draw at Oxford).
2-0 Pompey. Colby to bag a brace.
I’d go for this Whyte and scully need to play their natural positions and can’t get into the rhythm of they aren’t playing and maybe away games will be a little less pressure to get some confidence back.

Whyte has been a international player so absolutely no reason he can’t have a great 2nd half of the season when match sharp

Scully not had a real run of games since Lincoln and was quality there.

Norris
Raff-rag-shock-Ogilve
Morrell-pack
Whyte-lane-scully
Bishop

We need a change from Leyton orient as we were shit so the senior players need to step up another reason to play Whyte and scully!

Hopefully Ogilve won’t have much defending to do but get minutes in his legs!
(19-01-2024, 04:03 PM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]I’d go for this Whyte and scully need to play their natural positions and can’t get into the rhythm of they aren’t playing and maybe away games will be a little less pressure to get some confidence back.

Whyte has been a international player so absolutely no reason he can’t have a great 2nd half of the season when match sharp

Norris
Raff-rag-shock-Ogilve
Morrell-pack
Whyte-lane-scully
Bishop

We need a change from Leyton orient as we were shit so the senior players need to step up another reason to play Whyte and scully!

Whyte should not be starting given his weak performances. And you don't drop your best attacking threat in Kamara. 

Rafferty  raggett nessy  swanson
Pack Morrell
Kamara saydee Lane
Crybaby

That's our best available xi right now. You could make the argument to swap Lowry for Saydee and give them each 45 mins.

Edit: I also don't think Connor is fit yet. He will take ages to bed into the team. Would be great to give him 15 mins 2nd half if his leg's fully grown back.
Fleetwood have some players who can cause any team in this league problems. I think they'll give staying up a right go now, but will probably fall short.

They certainly deserved their draw at Fratton though.

I think it will be a very tight game, and any outcome would not surprise me.

Hopefully Lowery starts and Ogilvie too.

I think it will be a scrappy game that we will win by a single goal, maybe 1-2 or 0-1. Bishop to score.
Anything other than a win and 3 points is unthinkable whatever team JM puts out.
Pedalo, Swanson's not fit
And Kamara’s ‘not fit for purpose’.
(19-01-2024, 04:03 PM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]I’d go for this Whyte and scully need to play their natural positions and can’t get into the rhythm of they aren’t playing and maybe away games will be a little less pressure to get some confidence back.

Norris
Raff-rag-shock-Ogilve
Morrell-pack
Whyte-lane-scully
Bishop

Why would anyone play Whyte instead of Lane on the wing. As it is Lane has been asked to play on his opposite wing to accommodate Kamara. Personally I would move Lane back to right wing and put Scully out left . Kamara with his pace and goal threat at 10 ( although he does need to take more advantage of his opportunities. 
Whyte just about deserves his place on the bench. As regards him being an international, he hasn’t made the last few squads and believe me NI need all the experienced players they can get. He’s very much in danger of being an ex international.
(19-01-2024, 04:55 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]

Norris
Raff-rag-shock-Ogilve
Morrell-pack
Whyte-lane-scully
Bishop

Whyte should not be starting given his weak performances. And you don't drop your best attacking threat in Kamara. 

Rafferty  raggett nessy  swanson
Pack Morrell
Kamara saydee Lane
Crybaby

That's our best available xi right now. You could make the argument to swap Lowry for Saydee and give them each 45 mins.

Edit: I also don't think Connor is fit yet. He will take ages to bed into the team. Would be great to give him 15 mins 2nd half if his leg's fully grown back.
I definitely would argue Lowrys case over Saydee, especially in the 10 role. Saydee at best is a 20 min impact player to cause a bit of havoc up front. Another signing along with Whyte and Scully who have not achieved.
Goodness knows what they’ve been doing in training the last few days but after weeks of appalling football I hope they have seen the light and we see nothing like the recent drivel.
I would also pitch Scully and Whyte in and tell them to help the team with their experience. Perhaps Whyte can pop home first! I'd agree that starting away from home will be less pressured.
Both Lane and Kamara have played for weeks on end and could do with someone else taking the pressure. Also be handy to bring them on against a tiring defence for a change. Ditto Saydee.

If it is a dodgy pitch, it might not be the best for Ogilvie and Lowery to play the whole game maybe?
(19-01-2024, 05:26 PM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Fleetwood have some players who can cause any team in this league problems. I think they'll give staying up a right go now, but will probably fall short.

They certainly deserved their draw at Fratton though.

I think it will be a very tight game, and any outcome would not surprise me.

Hopefully Lowery starts and Ogilvie too.

I think it will be a scrappy game that we will win by a single goal, maybe 1-2 or 0-1. Bishop to score.

Are you finally learning some humility Tit? 2 "I thinks" in the same post without any of your "definitely" crap. Welcome to what you have maybe finally realised is an opinions board.
Pages: 1 2