TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Colby Bishop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Since coming back from injury he’s been pretty terrible. 

Missed so many clear cut opportunities (the most in the league) and just looks like he doesn’t really want to be here.

Just thinking would he be the sort of striker Mousinho or Hughes would have signed.
Can’t fault his record here , but has looked laboured and lethargic all season . But I guess playing the lone striker role has that effect
He needs support from the other players and he isn’t getting much.
(21-01-2024, 10:10 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]He needs support from the other players and he isn’t getting much.

He needs a strike partner but that doesn’t fit with our ‘system’ so he’s unlikely to get one.
He just needs other players to push up into the box alongside him. It’s something we’ve seen from plenty of other teams recently. It’s not rocket science is it? 3 v 1 isn’t going work too well.
Not sure that's it C because he is getting chances but not sticking them away. I was standing behind the away goal at Exeter and none of the Exeter fans could believe how he managed to stick that free header wide in the first half. It's a psychological thing. I'm sure he will recover his touch. I just hope it's soon enough to reignite our promotion drive 'cos, as things stand, we sure ain't going up on goal difference.
He's got 13 goals and it's still January so well on target for a 20 goal season. He is the 5th highest scorer in the division. 

Yes, he has missed a few lately but he always works his socks off often with little service. It if this is a crisis then I wish a few other players would have similar crises. 

There seems to be a bandwagon to try and force him out of the club which is utter utter madness and IMO having a destabilising effect on the whole squad amongst whom he is very popular. 

All because he cupped his ear at a few fans who had been abusing him and his family. I've seen fans saying he should have a thick enough skin to ignore criticism but that cuts both ways and applies to the fans too. Cupping an ear is hardly abuse but people have turned on him since.  Players can cope with criticism but should not have to suffer abuse. 

Try supporting him instead of criticising and we may just get the promotion push back on track, carry on as we are and I can see  'fans v colby' being analysed as one of the reasons for the season falling apart.
He just needs his own song - leave it with Ricky
(21-01-2024, 11:17 AM)tricky_ricky_pfc Wrote: [ -> ]He just needs his own song - leave it with Ricky

Perhaps the song could be about a magic hat ?
(21-01-2024, 11:16 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]He's got 13 goals and it's still January so well on target for a 20 goal season. He is the 5th highest scorer in the division. 

Yes, he has missed a few lately but he always works his socks off often with little service. It if this is a crisis then I wish a few other players would have similar crises. 

There seems to be a bandwagon to try and force him out of the club which is utter utter madness and IMO having a destabilising effect on the whole squad amongst whom he is very popular. 

All because he cupped his ear at a few fans who had been abusing him and his family. I've seen fans saying he should have a thick enough skin to ignore criticism but that cuts both ways and applies to the fans too. Cupping an ear is hardly abuse but people have turned on him since.  Players can cope with criticism but should not have to suffer abuse. 

Try supporting him instead of criticising and we may just get the promotion push back on track, carry on as we are and I can see  'fans v colby' being analysed as one of the reasons for the season falling apart.

5 penalties In those 13 goals

So only 8 from open play
(21-01-2024, 10:49 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]He just needs other players to push up into the box alongside him. It’s something we’ve seen from plenty of other teams recently. It’s not rocket science is it? 3 v 1 isn’t going work too well.

You’re right it’s not rocket science, it’s football.

He does have other people pushing up beside him but that’s not the point.

The system we play is to have as much possession as possible, which is fine as far as it goes. The problem comes with us not getting the ball into dangerous areas often enough and therefore not having enough shots on goal. Bishop is not the ideal line leader in my opinion, we need a proper line leading forward with Bishop playing off him. That way he’d be under less pressure and would score more goals. 

Yesterday followed the same pattern as recent mstches, lots of the ball but the opposition keeper rarely troubled. We need to sort this asap if we are serious about promotion.
(21-01-2024, 11:58 AM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]
(21-01-2024, 10:49 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]He just needs other players to push up into the box alongside him. It’s something we’ve seen from plenty of other teams recently. It’s not rocket science is it? 3 v 1 isn’t going work too well.

You’re right it’s not rocket science, it’s football.

He does have other people pushing up beside him but that’s not the point.

The system we play is to have as much possession as possible, which is fine as far as it goes. The problem comes with us not getting the ball into dangerous areas often enough and therefore not having enough shots on goal. Bishop is not the ideal line leader in my opinion, we need a proper line leading forward with Bishop playing off him. That way he’d be under less pressure and would score more goals. 

Yesterday followed the same pattern as recent mstches, lots of the ball but the opposition keeper rarely troubled. We need to sort this asap if we are serious about promotion.

He never seems to want to get across his defenders or near the front post he just waits for the perfect ball in.
(21-01-2024, 11:16 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]He's got 13 goals and it's still January so well on target for a 20 goal season. He is the 5th highest scorer in the division. 

It’s not the cupping of the ears that’s the problem it’s the fact he did not celebrate the goal at all. And I’m sorry if Whyte has a bad game he gets destroyed, but we cannot say poor old Colby has a bad game!!
(21-01-2024, 12:25 PM)Dsection65 Wrote: [ -> ]

It’s not the cupping of the ears that’s the problem it’s the fact he did not celebrate the goal at all. And I’m sorry if Whyte has a bad game he gets destroyed, but we cannot say poor old Colby has a bad game!!

Of course you  can say he had a bad game ... but you shouldn't give him and his family abuse. 

And you shouldn't try to 'destroy' Whyte ... just say he didn't have a good game.
(21-01-2024, 12:43 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

Of course you  can say he had a bad game ... but you shouldn't give him and his family abuse. 

And you shouldn't try to 'destroy' Whyte ... just say he didn't have a good game.

Both Whyte and scully both get slaughtered even if they have a game and don’t do anything wrong. Obviously no one should abuse family members but I havnt seen any of that anyway.
(21-01-2024, 12:54 PM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]
(21-01-2024, 12:43 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

Both Whyte and scully both get slaughtered even if they have a game and don’t do anything wrong. Obviously no one should abuse family members but I havnt seen any of that anyway.

You haven't seen it because DB is making up this nonsense.
Its 3rd tier football ffs,who do people want as C/F,Harry Kane,although no doubt someone would say he was shit.
(21-01-2024, 12:48 PM)Santa release Claus Wrote: [ -> ]What abuse did his family get?

I don't know exactly, but it was bad enough for other team members to show it to him when he hadnt seen it himself.
I haven't seen any abuse reported or demonstrated anywhere else.

I haven't seen anyone with an agenda against Bishop either, certainly not to get him out of the club. That would be daft.
So does everybody think that he would have cupped his ears and not celebrated a really good goal and then given the inerview he did if it was just normal criticism that he had been receiving ?
In my view, Bishop has not been criticised more than any other player this season.

Kamara, Whyte and Raggett on the other hand...
It’s not really about our view though, is it? I’m inclined to go along with Deep on this one. His reaction was pretty robust but thats not to say it was a good idea. I would guess that Bishop feels far more aggrieved than would seem warranted by only the opinions we’ve read on here.
Raggett could be a great role model for Bishop here. There's a muscle between his ears that he needs to develop.
(21-01-2024, 01:37 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]So does everybody think that he would have cupped his ears and not celebrated a really good goal and then given the inerview he did if it was just normal criticism that he had been receiving ?

Yes because he probably hasn’t had any and is not used to it

Deebo

Damn right he needs a partner it’s a thankless job on your own up there. That’s why he did well in a pair at Accy. There aren’t many Drogbas in Div 3 so good luck in finding a capable replacement that ticks all the right boxes for the boo boys. Pretty sure he’ll be gone at the end of the season. As for the ear flicking if you dish it out expect a bit back. It seems some of the sensitive souls not necessarily on here have a problem with that.
Pages: 1 2