TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Morrell injured
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think everyone thought the substitution of Morrell on Saturday was to avoid a second yellow, but it turns out he was  injured.  Sounds like it might not be trivial either.
An opportunity for Stevenson. He was ok last time, after he'd shaken off the rust.
He took a nasty knock halfway through the first half
I thought Morrell was quite (albeit uncharacteristically) self-controlled in the face of some fairly rough treatment in the first half. Don’t think he’d have been switched if it weren’t for the injury.
That's a shame. Morrell gets the club and is a decent midfielder. We will miss him if he is out of saturdays game.

Hope it's not serious.

He has only scored one goal for us I think though in 100 ish apps which is awful for a midfielder.
Not this gets the club bollocks...
Always makes me chuckle too.
Looks like we could be using the entire squad this season.

It might throw up some positives. Morrell is a fantastic player for us but it could be argued that he’s less effective as a player who gets into the box on occasions.

It’s going to be an interesting team selection against Vale.
He's actually been pretty good this season.

The centre of midfield for us is good - its attacking mid and wingers which need bolstering.

He mops up well and is generally quite silky.
It’s interesting to note that we have 4 actually wingers plus a player who isn’t but is used in that position ( Kamara). However only one of those wingers is actually any good (Lane), the other 3 need shifting in the summer asap.
(22-01-2024, 08:59 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]It’s interesting to note that we have 4 actually wingers plus a player who isn’t but is used in that position ( Kamara). However only one of those wingers is actually any good (Lane), the other 3 need shifting in the summer asap.

Anthony Scully needs to get fully fit & show what he do in a run of matches before being shifted - agree with the other two though.
Fair enough on Scully. He’s yet unproven.
I would say our almost complete lack of goals from the three positions/players in central midfield is an issue. You could hope for one of the three popping up with a goals half a dozen times a season from long range .
(21-01-2024, 06:51 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]An opportunity for Stevenson. He was ok last time, after he'd shaken off the rust.

Stevenson is out injured, till March at least.
(23-01-2024, 03:08 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(21-01-2024, 06:51 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]An opportunity for Stevenson. He was ok last time, after he'd shaken off the rust.

They sort of kept that quiet.
(23-01-2024, 03:24 PM)briefcase_wanchor Wrote: [ -> ]
(23-01-2024, 03:08 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

They sort of kept that quiet.

Another serious training injury.
I suppose all clubs get training injuries but we seem to get more than our share.
No news regarding Morrell injury which is a bit concerning.
I did not know about Stevenson, which if true at least explains him appearing to be frozen out.
If he and Morrell are both out then we are getting seriously thin in the engine room.
(24-01-2024, 03:58 PM)simonfkwit Wrote: [ -> ]It's not a secret

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/footb...it-4488196

Is this the article that appeared on the News web-site yesterday? It was certainly the first time I'd seen anything. Although, the official pre-match article did mention a knee injury. This I also missed.
I had no idea of it either. Even the article refers to the fact that it’s gone under the radar for many people. Mousinho is almost always asked about injury situations in pre match interviews but I’ve not picked out Stevensons name in his responses.

Seems a bit odd.
and
is Morrell injured?
He should be fit enough for tomorrow, apparently.