TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Charlton Athletic (24 Feb)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tickets are on sale from Thursday, 10am.

Pompey have 3,100 tickets.
Charlton away.
I'm getting cold chills already.
I still have memories of the 1-1 F.A. Cup game. 30K Crowd - 15K Pompey Supporters. Norman Piper late equaliser!
(23-01-2024, 07:49 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]I still have memories of the 1-1 F.A. Cup game. 30K Crowd - 15K Pompey Supporters. Norman Piper late equaliser!

Great game and it snowed all the way home.
(23-01-2024, 07:51 PM)Bluebob Wrote: [ -> ]
(23-01-2024, 07:49 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]I still have memories of the 1-1 F.A. Cup game. 30K Crowd - 15K Pompey Supporters. Norman Piper late equaliser!

Forgot that bit but freezing on the Big Open terrace behind the goal.
Didn’t we lose the replay?
(23-01-2024, 08:00 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]
(23-01-2024, 07:51 PM)Bluebob Wrote: [ -> ]

Forgot that bit but freezing on the Big Open terrace behind the goal.

I listened to it on the radio.
(23-01-2024, 08:52 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Didn’t we lose the replay?

0-3 ..thousands locked outside
Just sacked Appleton
Oh dear
(24-01-2024, 11:36 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Just sacked Appleton

Bit extreme! They should make the play offs. Who are the current owners after the Belgium guy?
19 points off 6th place and played a game more. Looks like their season is f**ked.
(24-01-2024, 01:57 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]
(24-01-2024, 11:36 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Just sacked Appleton

Bit extreme! They should make the play offs. Who are the current owners after the Belgium guy?

Make the play-offs ??? They are 4 points off relegation with no wins in twelve, which is why he has been sacked. Shocking record with a squad that should be capable of contending for the play-offs.
Breathe deeply DB.
Always remember when they had Flanagan & Allen up front (one for the oldies amongst us) and we had Garner & Croft at the back (if you are a cricket follower!).
Which Allen was up front for Charlton?
well now... having had this 'memory' for the last 50 years I cannot now find any ref to it... can it be a myth??? Flanagan and Hales I can find but they were only funny when they both got sent off for fighting with each other!! At least I'm sure of Gilbert & Sullivan for Pompey for one season))
Bradley Allen was way too late.
But Flanagan played up top with Clive Allen for QPR so I think you've been living a lie for all this time!
(24-01-2024, 04:35 PM)FiftyYearsOn Wrote: [ -> ]well now... having had this 'memory' for the last 50 years I cannot now find any ref to it... can it be a myth??? Flanagan and Hales I can find but they were only funny when they both got sent off for fighting with each other!! At least I'm sure of Gilbert & Sullivan for Pompey for one season))

Hate to shatter your memories but I'm pretty sure Colin Sullivan left in the summer of 84, just before Billy Gilbert signed in the August. 

I remember thinking it was a shame they never played in the same team.
omg i think i need to lie down... disaster haha. cant believe it!!!!