TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: The Pompous Pompey Vale Vanquishing Vista
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
We need the three points. Teams closing in on us with their games in hand but Derby fluffed their lines. 

Bolton far less than convincing against Cheltenham (we know how that feels) but they ground out a result.

What’s this Vale lot like?
their last 6 game form is better than us with 2W 2D and 2L

Hopefully we can put out a strong team and give Bishop a chance or two. He's due to goon a scoring run.
Even more, hit them on the break fast and get kamara and lane in the box at speed. Vale always have big lumps at the back.
They have also started to find the net with 12 goals in their last 5 games plus also have not played a full game since the 6th Jan so should be fresh.
(23-01-2024, 10:39 PM)Bluebob Wrote: [ -> ]They have also started to find the net with 12 goals in their last 5 games plus also have not played a full game since the 6th Jan so should be fresh.

that's a lot more goals than us, I'm guessing they leak a few looking at their wins/losses ratio

mind you we are due a corner goal from shocker
Vale will be a tough test, and we will have to play better than we did at Fleetwood to win this.

I think we will draw this though.

If the expectation is top 2, then we need a win.

I think we will finish in the playoffs so I'm content with a draw.
scrap a win there and then beat Oxford and all is good, lose at Vale and aaaaaggggh
(23-01-2024, 10:39 PM)Bluebob Wrote: [ -> ]They have also started to find the net with 12 goals in their last 5 games plus also have not played a full game since the 6th Jan so should be fresh.

But lacking match practice and fitness…………

Much like a percentage of our squad then!
If Morrell is out, just wondering how we are going to play the midfield. We have looked a completely different side when he's been out. To match the energy he brings, Devlin seems an obvious choice. It didn't work for him at Exeter but let's see if he can bring something of that Fleetwood performance at wing-back to this position. Then Peter-Harris (Wink can come in as the number 10. 
And if that doesn't work, we always have Gavin Whyte ready to come on.........
Devlin just needs to find consistency (and maybe a regular position). He’s going to be a very good player for us. One of our best performers on Saturday. He’s still so young.
Despite looking like they are in a relegation scrap Vales true position with the games in hand is probably mid-table. I doubt that outright survival type scrapping is on their mind yet. I just hope we play our game and not theirs. Build on the confidence of a win, positive forward looking play and we should see this one out with a 2 goal cushion.

There's no stand out team this year and there is plenty of time for those around us to have their own bad patch.
Devlin looked out of place in the deep position, Lowery can play there though.
The new double barrel signing can play in the ten I believe. I might have to call him speedy, as in MPH
I liked Moose's comments about resetting after the Orient game (shudder) and then building up the fancy stuff as our confidence grows again. That was really evident in the 1st half last week. Totally bossed it. 

No reason why the boys can't win this one if they build on last week.
Need 3 point’s tomorrow

Posh away at Lincoln won’t be easy game
Derby got a home game against Cheltenham probably take the win there
Bolton probably win at Carlisle
Yes, it would be nice to still be top going into February.
The good news is that Morrell is okay.
If Peter-Harris plays as a number 10 or similar forward role it leaves an interesting positional switch for Lowery. 
The midfield is looking good, and with Ogilvie returning to the back it's just the flanks that need to step up.

Better not talk about Bishop.
Don't know why but I'm feeling good about this one. I think Pompey fans will de dancing in the streets of Port Vale come 5 o'clock.
(27-01-2024, 11:20 AM)Jezzer Wrote: [ -> ]Don't know why but I'm feeling good about this one. I think Pompey fans will de dancing in the streets of Port Vale come 5 o'clock.

I do hope so.
On the strength of my Reading prediction during the week , I’m going for a PFC 2-0 win
I’ll settle for a confident 1-0

Marlon out, we’ll have to get on with it without him.
Half time comments…..

The pull back on Colby was a red card, for me. He would have been through with the two nearest defenders yards behind and to the side.

Kamara on his game today. Good in attack and defense.

Connor is a huge improvement on that left hand side. We’re now defending from half way to the centre line.

We were hoping for a suitable replacement for Robbo. In my opinion, we’ve got an upgrade. PH looks the business . As comfortable on the ball but threatening the goal too. His interplay with anyone in a blue shirt, is sublime.

Lane needs to get a cross in!!
(27-01-2024, 03:58 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Half time comments…..

The pull back on Colby was a red card, for me. He would have been through with the two nearest defenders yards behind and to the side.

Kamara on his game today. Good in attack and defense.

Connor is a huge improvement on that left hand side. We’re now defending from half way to the centre line.

We were hoping for a suitable replacement for Robbo. In my opinion, we’ve got an upgrade. PH looks the business . As comfortable on the ball but threatening the goal too. His interplay with anyone in a blue shirt, is sublime.

Lane needs to get a cross in!!
Good comments, agree with all of that.
Spot on Cunni. Peart looks class.Ogilvie and Shockers solid. Raggers winning everything in the air. Norris had nothing to do. Midfield doing well, we're just missing a goal.
Kamara on his game??? he's made poor decisions and can't shoot. Hopefully he'll be on the bench when we sign Lang.
(27-01-2024, 04:27 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Kamara on his game??? he's made poor decisions and can't shoot. Hopefully he'll be on the bench when we sign Lang.

He's more likely to be playing in the championship if the rumours are true.
too late apparently to be recalled now according to the news..
(27-01-2024, 04:45 PM)FiftyYearsOn Wrote: [ -> ]too late apparently to be recalled now according to the news..

Really ? That's good news. I assumed they could recall any time in January.
Pages: 1 2 3