TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Danny Cowley offered Pompey managers role
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(16-03-2021, 07:05 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]Don't panic everyone as Arry is waiting in the wings!

I think for a 13 game run he'd be a better bet & knows the club.

Good as a short-term measure I believe.

A big yes from me for Harry. Old-school no-nonsense man management
Lots of chatter elsewhere this morning that Cowley will be confirmed till the end of the season today
Yes just read that. Thinks he can turn our season round.
Ugh. The feel good feeling lasted all of 2 days  Undecided
I don’t pretend to know enough about Cowley to judge but, we have some good players on our books, they have looked increasingly demoralised and rudderless, Saturday and the first half last night gave clear evidence of that.

BUT, just maybe, someone new, not associated with the last 3 or 4 years might be the catalyst to kick start our faltering season, not an easy job but anything is probably better than recent matches, especially if Cowley or whoever is prepared to take a 12 match tenure, tries some attacking football (enough to warrant spending more Tenners on iFollow anyway).

Get Pompey into the Playoffs then win promotion ! What a CV enhancing achievement.

Eddie Howe is the one name who might unite the fans, that ain’t going to happen so we need to move on until the seasons end.
(17-03-2021, 12:41 PM)Wightblue Wrote: [ -> ]I don’t pretend to know enough about Cowley to judge but, we have some good players on our books, they have looked increasingly demoralised and rudderless, Saturday and the first half last night gave clear evidence of that.

BUT, just maybe, someone new, not associated with the last 3 or 4 years might be the catalyst to kick start our faltering season, not an easy job but anything is probably better than recent matches, especially if Cowley or whoever is prepared to take a 12 match tenure, tries some attacking football (enough to warrant spending more Tenners on iFollow anyway).

Get Pompey into the Playoffs then win promotion ! What a CV enhancing achievement.

Eddie Howe is the one name who might unite the fans, that ain’t going to happen so we need to move on until the seasons end.

Reading todays News article on Cowley makes me change my mind about him. I only remembered his early time at Lincoln, I hadn't realised that since then he has become a convert to the Bielsa methods of high pressing and speedy attacking.  If he brings that philosophy then I'd be quite happy to get the Cowleys permanently ... and he certainly comes across well on TV which is a bonus.
I agree Deeps. I don't know much about Stendel or the Cowleys. I must admit I didn't want Jackett (really !!!) when we appointed him because I knew his style of football.However as exGaffer says there is a world of difference between hoofball and direct football.
I'm very happy to give whoever gets the hot seat a warm welcome as long as it's not Pulis.
According to NewsNow, he has now agreed a 3 month contract with Portsmouth

Deebo

All the very best to him.
(17-03-2021, 12:41 PM)Wightblue Wrote: [ -> ]I don’t pretend to know enough about Cowley to judge but, we have some good players on our books, they have looked increasingly demoralised and rudderless, Saturday and the first half last night gave clear evidence of that.

Agree, he has every incentive to make an impact and we have nothing to lose.
Good post Wight  (although rather disappointed at your use of 'ain't' in the last sentence)
Best of luck to him I’d have preferred Stendel full time but if the Cowleys don’t work out it still gives us a chance to get someone else at the end of the season so it’s not a bad situation for us to be in right now.
(17-03-2021, 04:17 PM)oi oi saveloy Wrote: [ -> ]Best of luck to him I’d have preferred Stendel full time but if the Cowleys don’t work out it still gives us a chance to get someone else at the end of the season so it’s not a bad situation for us to be in right now.

I'd have preferred Stendel too, but he said no to what was being offered so I think we have done well to get someone of the calibre of Cowley on those terms. 

Whether only offering till the end of the season was a good idea or not we will not know until we see what happens in the summer.
Makes for an interesting bookend.
Pages: 1 2