TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Player ratings Port Vale
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Norris. Very little to do. One sublime kick to put Colby on the attack. 7.5
Ogilvie. Bloody great to see him back. Up and around their box too. 8
Raggett. Never gave away a sniff. 8
Shockers. Back up to par. 8
Devlin. Playing out of his comfort zone. Not as good today but still got forward a few times 7
Morrell. A captain’s performance. 8
Lowery. Very effective passing and movement. 8
Lane. Hustled well but just couldn’t get it over his defender. 7
Peart Harris. Wore himself out but he is better than Robbo, on this showing. 9
Colby. Had a few half chances. Such composure for the pen. He had to wait an age. Anyone who thinks he might want to leave, just watch his celebration. 8
Kamara. impressed with him first half. What a load of shit the second! I really have had a gut full of him. He’s not much better than Dale. 5

Sparkes. Nah, not in defence. I suddenly felt anxious. 6

Martin. Wtf??? I really don’t think I can give a positive score because I don’t remember him even touching the ball. His hair looks nice and fluffy, so…….2
Martin did in fact put over a great cross that Devlin laid back to Kamara who promptly put it 5 yards wide from 8 yards out
A 5 for kamara is rather harsh for a player that looks so dangerous going forward and won us the game with the pen. His finishing may need some work but you can say that about the whole side. He is infinitely better than Dale ffs.

I'd give him a 7 at least.
If Kamara was consistent he wouldn’t be here. End of. Enjoy the ride.
(27-01-2024, 05:53 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Norris. Very little to do. One sublime kick to put Colby on the attack. 7.5
Devlin. Playing out of his comfort zone. Not as good today but still got forward a few times 7
Colby. Had a few half chances. Such composure for the pen. He had to wait an age. Anyone who thinks he might want to leave, just watch his celebration. 8
Kamara. impressed with him first half. What a load of shit the second! I really have had a gut full of him. He’s not much better than Dale. 5

Martin. Wtf??? I really don’t think I can give a positive score because I don’t remember him even touching the ball. His hair looks nice and fluffy, so…….2

So unfair on Kamara. Was our match-winner last week with an amazing goal. A real talent with a number of Championship clubs linked with him this window. One off-half and he gets a rocket. No pleasing some people.
(27-01-2024, 06:14 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]
(27-01-2024, 05:53 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Norris. Very little to do. One sublime kick to put Colby on the attack. 7.5

So unfair on Kamara. Was our match-winner last week with an amazing goal. A real talent with a number of Championship clubs linked with him this window. One off-half and he gets a rocket. No pleasing some people.
One?
Shock news
A young winger?
Inconsistent?

On the other hand he never stops trying or putting himself on the spot. As compared to Smith who lost his confidence in the face of the home fans and ended up passing sideways at the Fratton End rather than shooting.

Scully must have seriously upset the boss, could say the same for Whyte.
(27-01-2024, 06:19 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]
(27-01-2024, 06:14 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]

One?

Upon his next match-winner I fear some serious ear-cupping being offered in your direction.
Needs his whipping boy
I really don’t think so. I’ve acknowledged when he has done something right but I started a thread on his dismal failures quite a few games ago.

The first half was the best he’s played for weeks. The second was totally representative of his shortcomings. I lay a lot of the blame for Bishops lack of goals at Kamaras door. His service has been abysmal and his lack of ability at even basic passes is deplorable.
Has he done your old woman or something I'm new on here but been readings the site for ages, I usually agree with most that you say , but I really don't get your hatred for him
Hatred? I really don’t get how you translate criticism for hatred.

If I hated him then I wouldn’t praise him (which I was very quick to do, first half). I just see how poor his end product is (exactly the same problem as Dale but with more ability). His approach play is devastating to defenders…..and then he tries to pass it, or shoot. Missed shots I’ll easily forgive but his passing is atrocious and he does it time and again.

The most indicting stat……..played 29, 2 assists. It bears out everything I’ve just said.
I'm sorry I bow to your superior knowledge , I but I still think your really harsh on him
Superior knowledge? I’m only relating what I see with my own eyes.

I love entertaining players and Kamara comes under that category. I loved Dale too and really wanted to see him succeed but neither of them finish what they start. That’s the difference between top players and the also rans.

We need someone who can give the ball to Bishop because we need goals. Lane is a better winger than Kamara but he’s played out of position to accommodate him. He’s not as skilful as Kamara but he does something with the ball (apart from yesterday).
(28-01-2024, 08:46 AM)Leys left foot Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sorry I bow to your superior knowledge , I but I still think your really harsh on him

By the way, I’m not on here just to find out who agrees with me. If you have an argument against what I’m saying then please air it. It’s far more interesting that way and you may point out something I haven’t thought of. Happens all the time, I’m seldom completely right.
For me, Kamara often looks like Bambi on ice but also has talent to frighten defenders. He’s young, he’s been asked to do all the work Whyte should have been doing, and I like his enthusiasm. Whether he ever really makes it only time will tell but right now I appreciate his efforts and am prepared to cut him some slack when he has a bad patch.
If he was playing in the Prem, his manager would just blame the pitch, the ref or too many games.
Dominant performance yesterday, the most dominant I've seen us for a while. It was defence v attack for most of the game.

We still don't score enough goals though. I would be very dissapointef if we don't get another good striker in.

I would keep the same team as yesterday for Oxford away, why change it after yesterday's performance?

I rate Pack, good player and guy, but I wouldn't bring him straight back in Tuesfay. What message does that send to the team?

I think we look a better team without Pack personally,.
That was subtle.