TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Owen moxon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
The latest name to be linked according to Alan Nixon on Twitter
Get him quick, before we play ‘em.
Yes, saw that a couple of hours ago, 26 yr old Carlisle central midfielder who is out of contract in the summer & turned down new offer.

Free kick & corner taker, excellent passer (long & short range) Blackpool also interested.
Got a place in the team of the season, in league two.
Out of contract at the end of season. If we need and want him now we'll obviously have to pay a fee and offer a decent contract as I'm sure he'll have a few clubs to choose from in the summer.
Think he would be a good signing and as contract ending shortly, can not see the fee being massive. We should get it done as we need as many players that can contribute as possible to get us through the run in. As things stand I can not see Whyte or Scully giving us what we need this season and we don't want failure again for the sake of a few hundred thousand. 
If we get the Reading and Wigan transfers over the line, these will really help us too.
League 2 team of the year last season with 16 assists and 6 goals
(28-01-2024, 11:26 AM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]League 2 team of the year last season with 16 assists and 6 goals

That’s a total of 22 goals, as a result of his efforts. Who do we have that even approaches that?

16 assists. Colby would love that.
Nixon believed we were in for him at the season start. The lad is letting his contract wind down and will be off in the summer.
Carlisle gave him his chance and yes he repaid them by getting in the league 2 team of the year last year with 16 goals and 6 assists
But he has supposedly strung the club along and delayed signing a new contract and now is unsurprisingly not going to sign bit let his contract go down slowly until he is free in summer
To me that shows a little bit of disrespect and I realise I may be in the minority here but for me he should have signed on the understanding it was to get the club money before moving in the summer.
He is obviously worth £500k and Carlisle could do with that money to help the club.
Oh and by the way. Yes I'd like us yo go back now with a cheeky offer
It seems that Carlisle respect Moxons decision. I don’t really see that it’s disrespectful to see out his contract and no more. The club could have sold him in the summer and cashed in then. He’s obviously got ambition and removing the transfer fee barrier, in the summer, will widen his options and presumably make it more lucrative for him.
(28-01-2024, 09:35 AM)exterminator Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, saw that a couple of hours ago, 26 yr old Carlisle central midfielder who is out of contract in the summer & turned down new offer.

Free kick & corner taker, excellent passer (long & short range) Blackpool also interested.

Sounds like a perfect fit then.

We desperately need someone who can take set pieces!
Agreed on set pieces, but is there room in the squad for another central midfielder?
(28-01-2024, 12:51 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Agreed on set pieces, but is there room in the squad for another central midfielder?

Maybe packs long term replacement
Competition for places
agreed and Pack has maybe another 1-2 years max, and that might be pushing it in the Championship perhaps? Interesting description of him (News i think) as a promising 26 year old. Should you still be 'promising' as a footballer at 26??
It’s generally the period where a player really starts to mature. I wonder what his limit is?
I reckon we’ll transfer list a couple in the summer.
He is a good player. Would be a good signing.

Slightly off topic, strange how Hume hasn't found another club yet.
A long way to move - Carlisle to Portsmouth. At 26 quite likely to have a young family. All his previous clubs North of the Border though he is from Carlisle.
If moxon comes in do we let one of our current ones leave?
I’m sure Stevenson would be glad to be playing somewhere
Stevenson is injured, I think. 
Another one out or banned could pose problems.
So if we sign Moxon.
That would give us a choice of Moxon, Lane, P-H, Lang, Kamara for the attacking midfield 3 with Colby up front, unless JM switches tactics and goes with 2 up top.
(29-01-2024, 11:03 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]So if we sign Moxon.
That would give us a choice of Moxon, Lane, P-H, Lang, Kamara for the attacking midfield 3 with Colby up front, unless JM switches tactics and goes with 2 up top.

Moxon is down as midfielder, not sure how attacking he is, bluetagagain

With our injury luck, is that enough?  Wink
Stevenson ACL 6 weeks

I do like the fact we're buying, signing rated players mid 20's it bodes well for the future
Looks like we're building a good squad.
Pages: 1 2 3