TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Player ratings, Oxford
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Norris. A mixed performance 6
Ogilvie. Not as positive as usual. Why the short passes to a man on the wing who’s being closely marked? 6
Raggett. Didn’t quite manage to anything particularly wrong but not his best. 6
Shockers. Who the fuck was that ball to? 6
Devlin. Got up and down really well. Growing into that role. 7.5
Pack. Crap by his standards 5.5
Morrell. Never quite stamped his authority during his time on the pitch. 6
Lane. He’s just not getting those balls in. 5.5
PH. So many poor decisions. I’d like to see him closer to the middle/Bishop. 5.5
Bishop. Worked hard but some poor touches. 6
Kamara. Didn’t do a lot but then he didn’t see the ball much. A couple of important interventions at the back and he made the first goal a possibility. 7.5

Lowery. More than capable replacement for Morrell, thank fuck. 7.5
Lang. What a farking goal. Gutted it wasn’t a winner for him. 8
Towler. Thought he could have done better for their second but I might be being harsh as he’d only just come on. 6.5
you are a lot more generous to the back half of the team than I was.
Norris especially had absolutely nothing to do except miss a shot and flap another back for the striker.
concede two goals and the defence deserve 5 or less pretty much.
Somehow the attacking half managed to get two goals once we stopped tippy tppy crap.
Harsh on Norris for the second. He did very well to stop the shot.

Mistakes further up the pitch put our defence under far more pressure than they should have been. But they weren’t great.

And I thought Oxfords defence were worth more than a five too.
oxford were dire for a home side chasing promotion, they seemed to park the bus for most of the game and wait for a break (which they did well)
Norris 5
Ogilvie 7
Raggett 4
Shaughnessy 5
Devlin 6
Pack 5
Morrell 7
Lowery 7
Kamara 6
Lane 6
P-H 3
Lang 8
Bishop 6
Towler 5
(30-01-2024, 10:02 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Norris. A mixed performance 6
Ogilvie. Not as positive as usual. Why the short passes to a man on the wing who’s being closely marked? 6
Raggett. Didn’t quite manage to anything particularly wrong but not his best. 6
Shockers. Who the fuck was that ball to? 6
Devlin. Got up and down really well. Growing into that role. 7.5
Pack. Crap by his standards 5.5
Morrell. Never quite stamped his authority during his time on the pitch. 6
Lane. He’s just not getting those balls in. 5.5
PH. So many poor decisions. I’d like to see him closer to the middle/Bishop. 5.5
Bishop. Worked hard but some poor touches. 6
Kamara. Didn’t do a lot but then he didn’t see the ball much. A couple of important interventions at the back and he made the first goal a possibility. 7.5

Lowery. More than capable replacement for Morrell, thank fuck. 7.5
Lang. What a farking goal. Gutted it wasn’t a winner for him. 8
Towler. Thought he could have done better for their second but I might be being harsh as he’d only just come on. 6.5

I thought nobody other than lang deserved anything above 5.

Kamara was fecking awful except for the one time he remembered what a winger does. Pack clearly shouldn't have played. Mph looks knackered (fair enough) and our passing game non existent.

The whole team looked like the run of 3 away games in a row was just too much. We barely deserved a draw. Yet again if you put the shift in, cut out our crosses then you always stand a chance against us. More and more teams are learning that.

On a positive note, lang looked fit and energetic. 

Us going up was never going to be easy was it?
(30-01-2024, 10:08 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]you are a lot more generous to the back half of the team than I was.
Norris especially had absolutely nothing to do except miss a shot and flap another back for the striker.
concede two goals and the defence deserve 5 or less pretty much.
Somehow the attacking half managed to get two goals once we stopped tippy tppy crap.

Wonder if he'll be dropped for the next game?
I’m still hoping we sign a number 10.
Gutted we lost it at the end. They were there for the taking. Oxford were passive an waited for us to do something. From 2-1 up it was two points dropped but we have to look at the positives.
They were that we recovered a position and threatened to take it.
We didn't deserve it but 7 points from 9 away from home is good.

Real positive from the night was Lang. This boy can drive us up the pitch and is a catalyst to move on again.
3 points Saturday will be 10 out of 12 and a great return from 4 games. 2.5 points per game.
Let's not be despondent but get onboard with it.
Well done pompey on last three games
(30-01-2024, 10:18 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]oxford were dire for a home side chasing promotion, they seemed to park the bus for most of the game and wait for a break (which they did well)

And there’s the key to it. 

We just played a playoff team, on their own patch. They had a plan to not just stop us but to beat us and they looked very capable of doing so. We weren’t at our best by a long chalk but it was only through two moments of brilliance by Kamara and Lang that we got anything out of that. Every time Oxford broke, they looked dangerous. They made our normally capable defenders look vulnerable.

Oxford have had an understandable wobble but they were the early league leaders and they are still up there challenging, for a reason.

A good point, considering we were below par.
while a draw away is always welcome we are wasting games! played 3 more than bolton now and you just know they will
win their games and overtake us
(31-01-2024, 06:59 AM)mike hunt Wrote: [ -> ]while a draw away is always welcome we are wasting games!  played 3 more than bolton now and you just know they will

That’s Mousinho’s fault for dropping Yengi after the Bolton win. What an idiot
Yeah that’s why we didn’t win last night. Yengi, the answer to our prayers. He can’t even make the Aussie first X1 ffs.
(31-01-2024, 08:49 AM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: [ -> ]
(31-01-2024, 06:59 AM)mike hunt Wrote: [ -> ]while a draw away is always welcome we are wasting games!  played 3 more than bolton now and you just know they will

He didn't drop Yengi after the Bolton game.

He kept him in the team ahead of Bishop and paid for that mistake by getting a very poor performance from him.
Wtf is everyone giving Lang  8 - just had a look at the highlights & it was his attempt at a backheel that led directly to Oxford equaliser ffs.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rn_mzc0r204
(31-01-2024, 03:59 PM)exterminator Wrote: [ -> ]Wtf is everyone giving Lang  8 - just had a look at the highlights & it was his attempt at a backheel that led directly to Oxford equaliser ffs.

I take your point but I'd wager the copious amounts of space and time given for them to score were a bit more influential.

I think the lang live-in is simple. He tried. And he went forwards positively. If that had been anyone else the best we'd expect  would see it passed backwards. If a player was miraculously there it would either be dwelt on the ball too long before a shot could be made or it would have been fed wide and were hoping for a decent cross (again).

I haven't seen anyone do what lang did in a pompey shirt for so long I'd have given him a 5 year contract on the spot!
Yes CL played well and looks promising - but ffs don't go OTT on less than half an appearance. That forward thinking can easily be coached out and replaced with tippy tappy thoughts - we shall see.....

If Lang hadn't tried that clever clogs backheel & put the ball out instead perhaps the defence would have been in a better position to close down & mark up their players.
(31-01-2024, 03:59 PM)exterminator Wrote: [ -> ]Wtf is everyone giving Lang  8 - just had a look at the highlights & it was his attempt at a backheel that led directly to Oxford equaliser ffs.

You only saw the highlights. That’s all you ever see. Mikey watches more games than you.
(31-01-2024, 05:54 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]

You only saw the highlights. That’s all you ever see. Mikey watches more games than you.

I actually attend the majority of home matches Coonty Boy - unlike you who hardly attends any. Then puts player  ratings of what he has seen on ifollow (whilst holding hands with  Mikey)- how hilarious !!

I've been to many away matches in the past 50 plus years in cold wet & windy conditions that I don't really want to be out in these days. 

I posted that short highlight link to show Lang's stupid backheel that led to the equaliser & you gave him an 8 - WAC.
(31-01-2024, 07:46 PM)exterminator Wrote: [ -> ]
(31-01-2024, 05:54 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]

I actually attend the majority of home matches Coonty Boy - unlike you who hardly attends any. Then puts player  ratings of what he has seen on ifollow (whilst holding hands with  Mikey)- how hilarious !!

I've been to many away matches in the past 50 plus years in cold wet & windy conditions that I don't really want to be out in these days. 

I posted that short highlight link to show Lang's stupid backheel that led to the equaliser & you gave him an 8 - WAC.

its great isn't it.
We go to away games for years all over the place.
As soon as we stop going week in week out, we are not allowed to go to the odd game (which would usually be closer to home in the nature of things) by those who are entitled to a ticket for every game. and sod those who have to work Saturdays, they are clearly not allowed to go to any games at all. Bleeding part timer johny come latelies
(31-01-2024, 08:59 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

He kept him in the team ahead of Bishop and paid for that mistake by getting a very poor performance from him.

No after the Bolton game he actually picked him again against Shrewsbury and we won 0-3 then he picked him in a who gives a shit trophy game against Wimbledon with a weakened side which he scored in but we got thrashed 2-5. Then he picked Bishop and we played like shit all through the Christmas and new year period. When was the last time we scored 3 or more in a game? The answer is against Shrewsbury
Everyone scores three against Shrewsbury, even us.
(31-01-2024, 08:36 PM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: [ -> ]

No after the Bolton game he actually picked him again against Shrewsbury and we won 0-3 then he picked him in a who gives a shit trophy game against Wimbledon with a weakened side which he scored in but we got thrashed 2-5. Then he picked Bishop and we played like shit all through the Christmas and new year period. When was the last time we scored 3 or more in a game? The answer is against Shrewsbury

So you are now agreeing that he was not dropped after the Bolton game ? So who looks like the idiot ? 

He did indeed pick him against SHrewsbury and he was so bad he had to be taken off and replaced by Bishop from the bench, even though we were 2-0 up and resting Bishop for a bit longer might  have been a better plan. We got away with playing him because we were winning so easily, but Yengi was not one of the reasons for that.

He was then returned to the reserves for the EFL Trophy reserve cup game. 

And blaming Bishop for the team's lack of form over Xmas is wrong, he was far from the worst player in those games. The whole team dropped form.  And to suggest that playing a player not as good as Bishop in his role wold have made any difference to that is totally illogical. 

Don't get me wrong, I like Yengi and think he is a good prospect but he is nowhere near the level of an experienced 33 goal in 70 games player who is one of the best in the division.
(01-02-2024, 11:05 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(31-01-2024, 08:36 PM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: [ -> ]

So you are now agreeing that he was not dropped after the Bolton game ? So who looks like the idiot ? 

He did indeed pick him against SHrewsbury and he was so bad he had to be taken off and replaced by Bishop from the bench, even though we were 2-0 up and resting Bishop for a bit longer might  have been a better plan. We got away with playing him because we were winning so easily, but Yengi was not one of the reasons for that.

He was then returned to the reserves for the EFL Trophy reserve cup game. 

And blaming Bishop for the team's lack of form over Xmas is wrong, he was far from the worst player in those games. The whole team dropped form.  And to suggest that playing a player not as good as Bishop in his role wold have made any difference to that is totally illogical. 

Don't get me wrong, I like Yengi and think he is a good prospect but he is nowhere near the level of an experienced 33 goal in 70 games player who is one of the best in the division.

In the three and a half games Yengi played in after Bishops injury we scored 9 goals and conceded 0 including beating Bolton the now probable champions of this league 2-0 again what’s not to like about that?
And he was so bad against Northampton that we were 2-0 up when he got subbed after 72 minutes so in actuality in those matches he played three and a quarter games and in the time he was on the pitch we scored 8 and conceded 0. Just to be 100% accurate in what I’m saying
Pages: 1 2