TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Raggett and Shaughnessy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I thought they playing each other's position last night? If so why?
(31-01-2024, 09:01 AM)stayinupforever Wrote: [ -> ]I thought they playing each other's position last night? If so why?

Because we played with three at the back and Raggett is best in the middle of a three.
They're both too slow, especially Raggett. All that passing around and out from the back does my head in. The progression is so slow.
Conor is a decent defender.

I have said it from day one that I do not think we can get promotion by any means with Raggett and Towler in the team, they simply aren't good enough. The second goal last night they needed to close the attacker down, it was terrible defending and cost us a vital two points. What on earth were they doing? I said we needed to replace Poole and we haven't. 

The defence doesn't look very good and not replacing Poole is going to cost us promotion in my opinion. 

On Saturday I would start Macey in goal and the ex Reading lad in place of Raggett, see what the new defender is like.

There are people on this board who seem to think Raggett is the new Beckenbauer the way they defend him.

Not getting an Edmundson type defender in is going to kill any hopes of promotion this season, in my opinion.
Wumpty
(31-01-2024, 09:24 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Wumpty

Cunning, did you see the goals last night? The second especially was awful defending.

That doesn't happen with better defenders. 

I was at Oxford and Raggett looked very shaky. I understand you watch online a lot which doesn't give an accurate reflection of the events.

Have you the seen the second goal?
Egg and mushroom omelette
(31-01-2024, 09:40 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Egg and mushroom omelette

Your parents must be very proud of you.  Big Grin
They taught me how to cook.

What’s your fav meal?
(31-01-2024, 10:04 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]They taught me how to cook.

What’s your fav meal?

That's good. Ask them today if they can teach you how to be a kind and respectful person.

Let's not hijack this thread anymore with your childish comments.
I only listened on the radio last night so can’t comment on match issues but with Ogilvie and Devlin playing I assumed we played a back 4. Is that not how they lined up?
I thought we started the game with a back 4 and it looked like Raggett had switched to the left and Shaughnessy to the right.
Unfortunately and unusually, the first goal was partly down to Connor Shaughnessy getting caught out. 
He is our best centre back imho.  Thought the defence looked quiet nervy after that and took the safe option with the ball.

Oxford hitting long balls over the top caused us trouble in the first half. 

Devlin's injury doesn't seem bad, crossed fingers for Morrell.  Efin injuries!  Angry
(31-01-2024, 10:27 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]I thought we started the game with a back 4 and it looked like Raggett had switched to the left and Shaughnessy to the right.

Got it. Cheers.
Reading between the lines I think the switch will happen again Saturday with Shaughnessy in the RCB role. My reasoning is that JM has stated that he sees McIntyre as a natural LCB. So it would appear that when McIntyre is ready, he will play alongside Shaughnessy.
(31-01-2024, 10:27 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]I thought we started the game with a back 4 and it looked like Raggett had switched to the left and Shaughnessy to the right.

It wasn't a traditional back four because Devlin played much further forward, more like a wing back.  Whiittingham described it as a back three when we had possession (which was 65% of the time in the first half). It was because it was a back three most of the time that Raggett was in the middle.  

In fact it was back two some of the time cos Ogilvie was getting forward too, but not as much as Devlin on the right.
With two defensive mids on the pitch, the centre halves should never ever be exposed to runners from the middle of the pitch without at least one challenge going in in front of them.
Spot on Hammie but for the first goal it was a superb through ball. Credit where credit is due.