TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Deadline day
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Other than moxon (hopefully) will we bring anyone else in?

I think we will get another attacking player in
We could still do with another central forward. Hopefully RH et al are waiting on a chain of last-day-events to get someone they've been tracking for some time. If not, then probably not worth splashing money on anyone already proven at Championship level. Business so far has been pretty good, so credit to the recruitment team and the Eisners for supporting.
If it were Moxon plus AN Other up front then I don’t think anyone could have any complaints about this TW (assuming Rafferty is fit to play now). We would have effectively plugged all our injury gaps - though whether we’d be stronger than the start of the season, I doubt.
A full back would be nice, even of its just a short term loan as cover for a few months until Swanson is fit. But this is already a very good window.
Moxon done sounds like they are chasing one more. A future prospect though now
Rashford is in trouble at Man U. If the Eisner's had any ambition at all they would get that deal over the line.
Got to say on paper that looks a great bit of business. I think Lang and Moxon stand out for me and could be a game changer as the season progresses. Spoke to a father of a Reading player and he said McIntyre was a decent signing and when he is back to full fitness we have a player that can play a bit. Signing Macey again was a good deal he will push Norris all the way. Hats off to Hughes and the team plus the backing off Mr Eisner. Down to Mousinho to get them to gel and onto promotion.
Yes it is now down JM.
(01-02-2024, 02:22 PM)Bluebob Wrote: [ -> ]Got to say on paper that looks a great bit of business. I think Lang and Moxon stand out for me and could be a game changer as the season progresses. Spoke to a father of a Reading player and he said McIntyre was a decent signing and when he is back to full fitness we have a player that can play a bit. Signing Macey again was a good deal he will push Norris all the way. Hats off to Hughes and the team plus the backing off Mr Eisner. Down to Mousinho to get them to gel and onto promotion.

You make it sound that Mousinho had no input into the signings.  He and RH work together, not in isolation.
Wonder who the one for next season could be hoping it’s a attacker
(01-02-2024, 03:30 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-02-2024, 02:22 PM)Bluebob Wrote: [ -> ]Got to say on paper that looks a great bit of business. I think Lang and Moxon stand out for me and could be a game changer as the season progresses. Spoke to a father of a Reading player and he said McIntyre was a decent signing and when he is back to full fitness we have a player that can play a bit. Signing Macey again was a good deal he will push Norris all the way. Hats off to Hughes and the team plus the backing off Mr Eisner. Down to Mousinho to get them to gel and onto promotion.

You make it sound that Mousinho had no input into the signings.  He and RH work together, not in isolation.

I think having someone like RH and our scouts finding talent and then reporting on it to JM is really great for the manager and helps take a load of extra work off of his shoulders. He even said in a recent interview he isn’t involved in any of the negotiations and all he needed to do was get the players ready for the next match. That’s a good set up in my books, RH so far has done brilliantly and long may his good work continue
(01-02-2024, 03:30 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

I didn't read it that way:it is the manager's job to gel a team.
Not sure if it’s been mentioned elsewhere but Hume has finally got a permanent move; to Grimsby.
(01-02-2024, 04:13 PM)briefcase_wanchor Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure if it’s been mentioned elsewhere but Hume has finally got a permanent move; to Grimsby.

All the best to Denver Hume, hope things turn out well for him back in the northeast
All the best to him too. I never felt he let us down when he played for us. Not great defensively but then neither is Sparkes.
What was actually wrong with Hume?
He never got a look in and I'm not sure JM gave him a fair crack
(01-02-2024, 04:22 PM)Theyak2 Wrote: [ -> ]What was actually wrong with Hume?
He never got a look in and I'm not sure JM gave him a fair crack

He never did but also he never signed him either and managers always have their favourites and I guess he wasn’t one of them. Again I wish him all the best and hope he does well at his new club
I don’t think it’ll happen but, I’d love Smith from Reading but I don’t think he fits the up and coming bill that RH is looking at.
(01-02-2024, 04:56 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]I don’t think it’ll happen but, I’d love Smith from Reading but I don’t think he fits the up and coming bill that RH is looking at.

He is younger than Moxon and same age as Lang and McIntyre  so i doubt its his age that would stop it  happening
(01-02-2024, 04:56 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]I don’t think it’ll happen but, I’d love Smith from Reading but I don’t think he fits the up and coming bill that RH is looking at.

Well we’ve signed Moxon who may or may not displace one of either Morrell or Pack so being fourth in the pecking order behind Pack, Morrell and now Moxon but possibly ahead of Stevenson isn’t really going to be attractive to any footballer except of course if the money is crazy which it won’t be given our current league and the Eisner’s thriftiness when it comes to money on the playing squad anyway. With the money they have spent on FP I can’t praise them enough and as we all know the stadium is vital to our long term growth and success as a club and for their efforts regarding that I applaud them. To be honest they have been great on so many different things with our club and we are much better with them than not
(01-02-2024, 07:29 PM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: [ -> ]

Well we’ve signed Moxon who may or may not displace one of either Morrell or Pack so being fourth in the pecking order behind Pack, Morrell and now Moxon but possibly ahead of Stevenson isn’t really going to be attractive to any footballer except of course if the money is crazy which it won’t be given our current league and the Eisner’s thriftiness when it comes to money on the playing squad anyway. With the money they have spent on FP I can’t praise them enough and as we all know the stadium is vital to our long term growth and success as a club and for their efforts regarding that I applaud them. To be honest they have been great on so many different things with our club and we are much better with them than not

Smith is a striker
I know
The extra body in midfield, especially a BIG body is a very important move I think. Even if Morrell is not out for a while, Pack is no spring chicken and we know that the tiny one is very good but can be a bit fragile.
And of course we have signed a very promising number ten on loan but playing week in week out is not what such players are used to.
A very good window. There can be absolutely no doubting the ambition to get promoted.
(01-02-2024, 09:59 PM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]A very good window. There can be absolutely no doubting the ambition to get promoted.

Yes an excellent window, it exceeded my expectations.
Pages: 1 2