TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: And the other clubs have bought…
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(03-02-2024, 10:54 AM)Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-02-2024, 06:04 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-02-2024, 04:48 PM)Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-02-2024, 03:00 PM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-02-2024, 02:18 PM)Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn't say we have had an 'excellent' window. Aside from lang, do you think the new additions are better than we already have? That remains to be seen. Mph has a touch too much arrogance for me, and the other two come from consistently underperforming teams. Macey won't get a game unless norris accidentally sits on a bike without first checking there's a saddle attached. I'm not saying their crap but we're still trying cheap options unlike quite a few of our rivals.

If we do squeeze into the championship, the eisners are going to piss themselves.

You bedwetting sod. Yes no decent footballer has ever had a touch of arrogance before... Mcintyre is only cheap because Reading are a basket case financially. Bolton were interested in him so I can't imagine he's a mug. Moxon is an excellent player in a poor team for this division. A proper box to box midfielder. You are right that Macey probably won't play much but the point is he is a massive upgrade on Schofield so that if Norris does get injured, we aren't totally fucked.

Time will tell how it works on the pitch but that is an excellent transfer window on paper.

Wow that's constructive. And I didn't say they were crap.

It's my opinion and I'm allowed to have it.

Of course you're allowed an opinion, but if it's plainly a wrong opinion, borne out by the facts, everyone else is allowed to the opinion that you are wrong.  Thought that was the purpose of a message board ?

I don't mind people having a different opinion. I do find it annoying that, for some people, their opinion counts and anybody else's is bollocks. It's why I don't do faecesbook, twitter, toktik and all that other nonsense.

Back to ny original point, even mousinho said one of the four isn't even ready to play, whilst the one that didn't get was 'for the future'. Given the need for players now, I just think we could have done a bit better.

Absolutely hope that my initial view is proved wrong starting with Northampton.

The bit I argued with was your opinion that these were 'cheap otions' because that is just not true. Whether we could have done better or not is irrelevant to that. 

Macey & Peart-Harris will be expensive wage-wise and we paid fees  for MacIntyre, Lang & Moxon.  McIntrye was a apparenlty a bargain 75k for a player worth far more than that but taking advantage of Reading's financial mess, Lang we have no clue how much but he had a contract till 2025 so I'd be surprised if it was less than £200/250k, and for Moxon we know they turned down a £300k offer from Blackpool asking for three times that, so let's say we got him for £350-450k.  That adds up to for more than anyone else has spent, unless Bolton really did match Bristol Rov asking price of £750k, but we will not be far behind that anyway.   That cannot be described as the cheap option.
(03-02-2024, 10:19 AM)Jizbag Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-02-2024, 08:13 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Dale to Oxford.

I thought he was doing ok for Blackpool. Certainly did well against us.

I believe he has scored one goal (against us of course) and had one or two assists all season. Much like last season for us.

He has been playing at left wingback though. Not quite sure why.
(03-02-2024, 11:44 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-02-2024, 10:54 AM)Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-02-2024, 06:04 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-02-2024, 03:00 PM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]You bedwetting sod. Yes no decent footballer has ever had a touch of arrogance before... Mcintyre is only cheap because Reading are a basket case financially. Bolton were interested in him so I can't imagine he's a mug. Moxon is an excellent player in a poor team for this division. A proper box to box midfielder. You are right that Macey probably won't play much but the point is he is a massive upgrade on Schofield so that if Norris does get injured, we aren't totally fucked.

Time will tell how it works on the pitch but that is an excellent transfer window on paper.

Of course you're allowed an opinion, but if it's plainly a wrong opinion, borne out by the facts, everyone else is allowed to the opinion that you are wrong.  Thought that was the purpose of a message board ?

I don't mind people having a different opinion. I do find it annoying that, for some people, their opinion counts and anybody else's is bollocks. It's why I don't do faecesbook, twitter, toktik and all that other nonsense.

Back to ny original point, even mousinho said one of the four isn't even ready to play, whilst the one that didn't get was 'for the future'. Given the need for players now, I just think we could have done a bit better.

Absolutely hope that my initial view is proved wrong starting with Northampton.

The bit I argued with was your opinion that these were 'cheap otions' because that is just not true. Whether we could have done better or not is irrelevant to that. 

Macey & Peart-Harris will be expensive wage-wise and we paid fees  for MacIntyre, Lang & Moxon.  McIntrye was a apparenlty a bargain 75k for a player worth far more than that but taking advantage of Reading's financial mess, Lang we have no clue how much but he had a contract till 2025 so I'd be surprised if it was less than £200/250k, and for Moxon we know they turned down a £300k offer from Blackpool asking for three times that, so let's say we got him for £350-450k.  That adds up to for more than anyone else has spent, unless Bolton really did match Bristol Rov asking price of £750k, but we will not be far behind that anyway.   That cannot be described as the cheap option.

McIntyres contract was due to run out this summer. He signed a three year deal on 29 June 2021.

Sky reported that they believed Blackpool had offered £250,000 for Moxon. Seems quite high for a player running down his contract.
(02-02-2024, 07:05 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Aaron Collins to Bolton. For, reputedly, £750,000

That’s impressive.

Yes, very good young goalscoring CF but think they've paid well over the odds.

£500K Max but that's the January TW for you with goalscorers at a premium.

Lang sound much better value to me.
I heard that Lang cost us over 500K
(02-02-2024, 03:00 PM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-02-2024, 02:18 PM)Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-02-2024, 10:54 AM)firqdays Wrote: [ -> ]Overall a very pleasing transfer window, excellent work by our recruitment team and the Eisners continue to do what they promised.

However, not perhaps in the eyes of those trueblue forum associates - ( obviously misemployed members ) who command a far superior knowledge of all things football related.

However, we now have a squad very capable of gaining promotion. Well done .

I wouldn't say we have had an 'excellent' window. Aside from lang, do you think the new additions are better than we already have? That remains to be seen. Mph has a touch too much arrogance for me, and the other two come from consistently underperforming teams. Macey won't get a game unless norris accidentally sits on a bike without first checking there's a saddle attached. I'm not saying their crap but we're still trying cheap options unlike quite a few of our rivals.

If we do squeeze into the championship, the eisners are going to piss themselves.

You bedwetting sod. Yes no decent footballer has ever had a touch of arrogance before... Mcintyre is only cheap because Reading are a basket case financially. Bolton were interested in him so I can't imagine he's a mug. Moxon is an excellent player in a poor team for this division. A proper box to box midfielder. You are right that Macey probably won't play much but the point is he is a massive upgrade on Schofield so that if Norris does get injured, we aren't totally fucked.

In fairness, apart from the bedwetting bit, the rest of my post was constructive. You are indeed entitled to your opinion as I am to mine.
Pages: 1 2