TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Team tonight
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looks like 352

McG

Jack raggett Nicolaisen 

Bolton Close Naylor Cannon Brown

Williams Curtis

or maybe its 5-3-2 ?

Subs : Ward. Mnoga, Daniels, Byers, White, Harness, Hiwula
Marquis dropped?
(16-03-2021, 06:27 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Marquis dropped?

Injured. Same Harrison. I think it’s 5-5-0 but interesting that Close makes the starting eleven.
352 or 532 wingbacks
Only 1 recognised striker Curtis ( he was a striker at Derry City) .
This is gonna hurt.
Jacobs missing completely again.
3-5-2 which we could have played ages ago.

Let's hope he knows what he's doing.

No height up front so easy for their centre backs in the air.

Looks like the plan is to play it on the floor pack midfield & use wing backs to put in low crosses.

No height on the bench either as No Marquis or Harrison which looks suicidal unless both are injured!

It's either a Master Plan or Self-destruction!
both injured. I think it's a try to hang onto a 0-0 team.
seems a fair enough away from home team. nil nil and hope to score from a set piece. Many teams have done that to us down the years.
Close in a 5 man midfield seems a good pick too.
30 mins gone and same old Pompey. Zero attempts on goal... I despair!
We were just coming into it at their end then we give away another ridiculous set piece goal. And what are the stats about this team from one down??
Well we have scored. Trouble is, in our own net. Nicoliasen.
Brilliant.
it sounds absolutely pathetic. I don't understand why we have sacked jackett and left his idiot sidekick to run the team.
below Gillingham now. Free kick... this is it....
Gallen should have gone with Jackett.

Playing for a draw but messed that up already.

Only 1 striker Hiwula on the bench.
(16-03-2021, 07:34 PM)Cleaver Greene Wrote: [ -> ]Well we have scored. Trouble is, in our own net. Nicoliasen.
Brilliant.
Please don't blame him for the goal, not a lot he could do when he got a shout, ducked only for our own keeper to then punch the ball onto the back of his head and into the goal. 
I think Guy W sums it up. Terrible game, terrible tactics, no plan and why playing without the only fit striker who is sitting on the bench.
(16-03-2021, 06:29 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote: [ -> ]
(16-03-2021, 06:27 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Marquis dropped?

Injured. Same Harrison. I think it’s 5-5-0 but interesting that Close makes the starting eleven.

Yes, 5-5-0 was closest guess.  Even after going one down. 

Is this Gallen getting revenge for his mate being sacked ?
I bet Jackett picked the team still!
Down to 10th at half time.
Chartlon now 2-2 with Bristol Rovers.
Can it get any worse?
(16-03-2021, 07:41 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]Gallen should have gone with Jackett.

Playing for a draw but messed that up already.

Only 1 striker Hiwula on the bench.

should have promoted our youth coach for a game. The players desperately need a new voice and different ideas. Agreed that Gallen is too close and similar to Kenny.
(16-03-2021, 07:53 PM)Cleaver Greene Wrote: [ -> ]Down to 10th at half time.
Chartlon now 2-2 with Bristol Rovers.
Can it get any worse?

No, Blackpool's goal difference isn't good enough, even if they could come back against Burton.
(16-03-2021, 07:57 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]The players desperately need a new voice and different ideas. Agreed that Gallen is too close and similar to Kenny.

Probably wishful thinking but you'd hope this is the last game that Gallen is involved with at Pompey.
Hope so. Although at least we look reasonably threatening, we could still get something here.
(16-03-2021, 08:21 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Hope so. Although at least we look reasonably threatening, we could still get something here.

and tbh a draw would do tonight. At least it would halt the decline.