TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Yengi on his way back
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Australia beaten in Afcon.

Which means he will be on his way back here.
I think I just heard a sexually charged grunt from W. Oz.
Why do we need two Yengi threads?
Because it’s fun and doesn’t cost any more to do.
Get my baby home
While it's great news in the short-term, part of me was hoping the Aussies would go all the way and Yengi would score an absolute screamer for the winner in the final to add a few million to his value!

So many fans from all clubs moan when their players play in big international matches, but I prefer to consider the potential benefits. How much did Owen's profile and value increase based on that goal against the Argies? Lineker kick-started his career with that hat-trick against Poland in 1986 - before that game he was probably the third choice striker behind Dixon and Hateley. John Barnes became a bit of a superstar based on that dribble and goal at the Maracana etc.
Didn’t Milan buy Luther Blisset, thinking that he had done that dribble and goal? Urban myth maybe
Dunno, though Man Utd got conned into buying the useless Djemba-Djemba based on a one-off goal!

With the Asian Cup taking place in neighbouring Qatar, I'm sure lots of Saudi clubs are looking out for players on which to splash the cash.
hately multiplied his value with one performance against Brazil, paid for Alan Ball's promotion team.
(02-02-2024, 07:56 PM)Pompey_in_Derby Wrote: [ -> ]While it's great news in the short-term, part of me was hoping the Aussies would go all the way and Yengi would score an absolute screamer for the winner in the final to add a few million to his value!

So many fans from all clubs moan when their players play in big international matches, but I prefer to consider the potential benefits. How much did Owen's profile and value increase based on that goal against the Argies? Lineker kick-started his career with that hat-trick against Poland in 1986 - before that game he was probably the third choice striker behind Dixon and Hateley. John Barnes became a bit of a superstar based on that dribble and goal at the Maracana etc.
Don't forget our own Mark Hately. Value skyrocketed after his goal in Brazil.
(02-02-2024, 08:13 PM)Pompey_in_Derby Wrote: [ -> ]Dunno, though Man Utd got conned into buying the useless Djemba-Djemba based on a one-off goal!

What goal was that then?
It was the one that was so good he scored it twice … I’ll get my coat.