TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Team Today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Norris
Rafferty, Shaughnessy, McIntyre, Ogilvie
Lowery , Pack
Lang, Peart-Harris, Lane
Bishop

Subs
Macey, Raggett, Martin, Saydee, Sparkes, Moxon, Kamara
Is McIntyre match fit then?

Wtf is Martin on the bench for???
Strong bench!
(03-02-2024, 02:05 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Is McIntyre match fit then?

Looks an attacking team
A win is an absolute must today
3-0 or 4-0  Big Grin fingers crossed
Martin will come off the bench and score. I will wake up after that though.
(03-02-2024, 02:19 PM)tl73 Wrote: [ -> ]Martin will come off the bench and score. I will wake up after that though.

I wish he’d bloody do something to make me realise he’s worth a contract.
The fact that neither Scully or Whyte cannot even make the bench over Josh Martin is a damning indictment of what they must be doing in training and makes it all the more puzzling that neither were loaned out.

Macintyre coming straight in is a bit of a gamble but of we are going to gp up, we need that ball playing centre back in the team so may as well get him match fit through the novel method of giving him matches. I like Lang starting this one and the idea of Kamara as an impact sub. I'm a ouch surprised that Moxon isn't straight in the team but his chance will come soon I'm sure.
(03-02-2024, 02:21 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-02-2024, 02:19 PM)tl73 Wrote: [ -> ]Martin will come off the bench and score. I will wake up after that though.

I wish he’d bloody do something to make me realise he’s worth a contract.

Seems to be a nice guy and I think he has potential but at 22 he needs to start realising it.
Not sure why we're playing with 2 defensive midfielders at home making 7 defenders!

Hopefully the formation will change for the 2nd half.

Also, would prefer seeing Macey in goal as Not convinced by Norris & his laid back attitude.

We need to start winning games by 3 goals + to improv eour GD.
(03-02-2024, 02:56 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure why we're playing with 2 defensive midfielders at home making 7 defenders!

Also, would prefer seeing Macey in goal as Not convinced by Norris & his laid back attitude.

You don't help yourself.
(03-02-2024, 02:11 PM)farq2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-02-2024, 02:05 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Is McIntyre match fit then?

Looks an attacking team
A win is an absolute must today
3-0 or 4-0  Big Grin fingers crossed

nearly
Very happy with that - didn’t see it or hear any commentary, but all bar Derby didn’t make up ground.
Good day at the office. Could have been 9-1.
Richard Hughes has done it again, he’s brought in players that have improved the squad and made John Mousinho’s job so much easier. What a performance we put on today and after the red we still scored another two. We really looked good today there’s no denying that
Tihkal, nobody made up ground.
Well that was great. Played really well today. Lang looks a great buy. First time for a while we have really smashed someone. If it were not for the terrible red card reckon we would have won by 5 or 6. With Bolton drawing and Posh losing that makes for a pretty damn good day. all the top 5 have the same record over the last 5 games - W3 D1 L1. We still have a lot of games left but am really confident in this team. It feels like our Xmas wobble is over and keep playing like this we will finally do it. We are going up, We are going up!!!
(03-02-2024, 02:56 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure why we're playing with 2 defensive midfielders at home making 7 defenders!

We did, and thoroughly deserved it.
Best attacking performance for ages. 

I do wish Norris would stop it with the flopping and sitting down. If refs watch video of our games they might as well book him as soon as we go a goal up, save time later.
(03-02-2024, 05:30 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Tihkal, nobody made up ground.

Maths was never my strong point, lol… even better
As song says ‘We’re on our way, we’re on our way, yeah we’re on or way, how we get there I don’t care, how we get there I don’t know all I know is Pompey’s on our way!’

Repeat
  • So Mousinho does have an attacking game plan in his locker, but he needs to tip Rafferty the wink about it, and the performance was all the better for it. The team changes all seemed to work and even Moxon managed to get a few minutes. Lane had a great time with his new freedom, too. Does Lang take penalties? It was obvious that Bishop was going to do the same as Orient and the Keeper knew it.
(03-02-2024, 05:46 PM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: [ -> ]As song says ‘We’re on our way, we’re on our way, yeah we’re on or way, how we get there I don’t care, how we get there I don’t know all I know is Pompey’s on our way!’

Repeat

No it doesn't.
(03-02-2024, 06:55 PM)simonfkwit Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-02-2024, 05:46 PM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: [ -> ]As song says ‘We’re on our way, we’re on our way, yeah we’re on or way, how we get there I don’t care, how we get there I don’t know all I know is Pompey’s on our way!’

Repeat

No it doesn't.
Well it does say something similar to this but at least the sentiment is the same. Today we looked excellent and despite missing a penalty and getting a bloke sent off we still won 4-1